Hearing a lot of good things about 10.3
    but nothing about maps yet
    Using some third party maps app is okay but the experience is too weak to be considered a good experience...
    Need at least a basic maps app directly from BlackBerry which works together with all the features and apps on the phone...
    Right now BlackBerry does not even provide basic maps in india...which is one of its largest user base...
    Any news for MAPS in 10.3?-img_20140606_092203.png

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 10:52 PM
    Michael Clewley did say India is a priority for maps so it's coming. Not sure what is holding them up.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    06-05-14 10:53 PM
    I'm hoping they add in the ability to change the default maps application. I don't drive so Blackberry Maps is essentially useless to me. BeMaps is great, but I can't set the calendar, etc. to open addresses in it.
    06-05-14 10:54 PM
    Michael Clewley did say India is a priority for maps so it's coming. Not sure what is holding them up.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    Hoping they get it soon

And india is not the only problem, a good maps app in general is needed...
    Hope they do something about it...

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 10:55 PM
    I'm hoping they add in the ability to change the default maps application. I don't drive so Blackberry Maps is essentially useless to me. BeMaps is great, but I can't set the calendar, etc. to open addresses in it.
    Exactly
    This is something i always dream about
    Setting some other app as default maps app
    Which will work with all the other apps

Or the least they could do is use some other map providers maps for their app, something apple used to do using Google maps till they did not have their own maps...

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 10:59 PM
    I remember BlackBerry and TomTom made an agreement to further update the map. This was last year and no word on anything about it since. I've been waiting for a nice update...

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 11:04 PM
    I remember BlackBerry and TomTom made an agreement to further update the map. This was last year and no word on anything about it since. I've been waiting for a nice update...

Posted via CB10
    Let's hope they pleasantly surprise us

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 02:34 AM
    I used to love the BBOS maps for its simplicity and used to prefer it over other 3rd party apps. But unfortunately i cant have the same experience on the BB10 cuz they don't provide maps for India. So i use waze instead, which is the best i've tried but its not very reliable since its an android port. BlackBerry should provide maps for India ASAP!

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    06-06-14 03:16 AM
    Unfortunately about India! I hope that you guys will get a quick update. It's ridiculous that India doesn't have an operation BlackBerry maps. I hope that the Z3 gets released in India including a functional BlackBerry maps!

I have only one issue with BlackBerry maps (on BlackBerry 10), there is no bicycle mode! Hope that might eventually come..
    06-06-14 03:23 AM
    I used to love the BBOS maps for its simplicity and used to prefer it over other 3rd party apps. But unfortunately i cant have the same experience on the BB10 cuz they don't provide maps for India. So i use waze instead, which is the best i've tried but its not very reliable since its an android port. BlackBerry should provide maps for India ASAP!

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    I use Google maps
    With navigation
    Works excellently
    But when you have to open any location link, for meetings or even location sharing on BBM, it doesn't work...
    That's why the first party app is important
    hope they surprise us with a great app soon like they always do with other things

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 04:47 AM
    Unfortunately about India! I hope that you guys will get a quick update. It's ridiculous that India doesn't have an operation BlackBerry maps. I hope that the Z3 gets released in India including a functional BlackBerry maps!

I have only one issue with BlackBerry maps (on BlackBerry 10), there is no bicycle mode! Hope that might eventually come..
    It's at least better than not having any maps
    Let's see what BlackBerry does for us next

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 04:49 AM