I did a search and didn't find a topic tht covered exactly what I was looking for. I am looking at getting a new phone I have a Curve through Verizon. The new phones I have looked at are the HTC Touch Pro2, Droid and Blackberry. The trouble is it seems like Windows OS as well as Android don't let me save my emails to my phone.

Let me give an example. I have an ATT email account and a company email, the emails sent to these accounts get sent to my BB and saved to my BB indefinitely, I love this because I can refer to an old email when I need. It also allows me when I turn on my PC to clear the server of those messages, so I have them on my PC and BB.

The problem I had with HTC which I returned, was that whatever the server did, the phone reflected, there was some work around that let me save individual message as needed but thats too many steps.

I hesitate to get the Droid because Google loves the cloud concept and does the same thing I believe.

My question is even with Active Sync you have to keep your PC on to have email pushed to your phone correct? I can't believe people even consider this a viable option, what if I go away on vacation or a long business trip?

Are there any phones that don't deal with a cloud concept where incoming emails save to my phone until I delete them, and I can also pull those same messages with Outlook on my PC without having them erase whats on my phone? Please help.
    02-25-10 04:00 PM
    If you use BES: no

If you use BIS: yes, Android work the same if you use gmail, nokia with an ovi.com adress too.
    02-25-10 04:11 PM
    If you use BES: no

If you use BIS: yes, Android work the same if you use gmail, nokia with an ovi.com adress too.
    Right, thats what I was afraid of, if I have a GMail(cloud) email that works fine but if I am a business user where I need multiple devices to acces my email AND i need to keep the server clear of emails by moving them to a local machine it sounds like it would fall apart.
    02-25-10 04:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD