Hey, my contract is running out in July and would like to upgrade my Blackberry when I renew my contract. Right now I have the 8703e. I like Sprint and the current phone I have but seeing some of the newer ones on other carriers are making me jealous. Has anyone heard anything as far as what new BB's Sprint might have coming out between now and summer?
    02-18-09 02:22 PM
    The Bold is coming soon to Verizon, apparently. They also say Sprint might be getting the Bold a little bit after Verizon as well. There is also talks of the Curve 8900 coming out for Verizon and Sprint in the 1st Half of this year. Remember this is just Rumors right now. It is not official. That's all I have heard, unless someone knows more otherwise.
    02-18-09 03:30 PM
    I heard the bold the curve 8900 and the pearl flip are coming to sprint before the half. im also in the same situation as you i have a older pearl and my contract is up in may. hoping by may June even July we might see some new BB phones.
    02-18-09 07:38 PM
    Really wish the bold would come to sprint.
    02-18-09 08:10 PM
    Yes, new BBs are coming to Sprint. Rumors went around on several sites in early Jan about some CDMA variant of the Bold coming to Sprint in Q1 but I'm starting to doubt it will be Q1 since there's been no solid news of it since. There's also talk of the Pearl Flip but less about the Curve 8930.

The Curve 8330 is getting really cheap now and the 8830 World Edition (which the Bold should be replacing) hasn't even been in any Sprint store that I've visited lately so something is probably brewing. We just don't know what or when... I'm wanting to make the switch to a blackberry and I would love some more solid info about when the new stuff is coming.
    02-18-09 08:10 PM
    I was in the same situation; my contract was up, and ive been waiting for a new sprint bb, so i don't start off outdated. But my old i836 was on its last leg, so i broke down and ordered the 8330 curve. I ordered it on Sunday thru sprint cs. Happy to say after some doing, I'm getting it for free, however I was told it would arrive on Tues. and it is now Thurs. and no sign of it, not even shipped yet.
    I keep hearing the same rumors these guys are listing (albeit, all on this site) and there seems to be some informed people here; bold, pearl flip and new curve. But I just couldn't wait any longer. Really wanted to hold out for the new curve (8900?) Whatever you end up doing, good luck.
    02-19-09 05:37 AM
    A few opinions of mine - The Pre is front and center on Sprint's agenda right now and I believe given the "state-of-the-state" there right now (just lost ANOTHER 1M subscribers last QTR), they probably can only do so much. With the problems VZW had with the Storm and Sprint with the 8350i, I am sure VZW, Sprint and RIM are being a little more cautious on rolling out more CDMA BB's this year. So Sprint customers will have a to wait a bit longer but hopefully everything will work better once it is here.
    02-19-09 08:54 AM
    Fyi, I got new BB 8330 from sams club. $19.97 for phone with 2 year contract. Best deal I found without having to wait from an online service.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 07:42 PM
    Fyi, I got new BB 8330 from sams club. $19.97 for phone with 2 year contract. Best deal I found without having to wait from an online service.

It was Free at Best Buy.
    02-19-09 09:23 PM
    Jupiter and Niagara, i want the Jupiter
    02-19-09 10:05 PM
    The Bold is the sexiest device on the planet IMO. Sprint needs that Niagara asap or I'm leavin. I'm givin em til the end of the semester

02-19-09 11:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD