Curious to hear of anybody had experienced an excessive bill for tethering without a phone as a modem plan or heard of massive phone bills?
    12-12-08 07:04 PM
    Nope! Free With T-Mo
    12-12-08 07:11 PM
    Here's a horror story for you

Cellphone user shocked by charges of $85K
    12-12-08 07:22 PM
    Nope I had vcast unlimited kb on my lg vx8700 shine phone and went to chat rooms and all with it and browsed myspace n verizon never sent any charges. Of course the loop is the highspeed evdo must not be used for simply browsing the internet while teathering so I wud disable evdo and use 1x when I teathered with it. I dunno if it wud happen if I had used evdo :/ I was on family plan btw with unlimited vcast browsing/kb for 15 a month

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-08 09:46 PM
    not an issue with tmo.
    12-12-08 10:45 PM
    Yes!

Can any of you help? I called TMobile last month before a trip out of the country to ask if there was any charge to tether my blackberry. I have the international plan and the agent said "no".

I have a Blackberry and never use it for phone calls outside of the country and normally never tether it but I read about it so I called in to ask.

Now I get my bill and it's $2,700! I told them I was going to Brazil and I figured the agent knew Brazil was outside of the USA. Now they are saying there is nothing they can do and I MUST pay it.

Does anyone know of any legal way to get out of paying all of this? They are saying that no agent said that. I didn't call in from my Blackberry to ask. I called their 800 # and they never asked for my cellphone. I asked the question and got the answer.

Does anyone know if there is anything I can do? I don't have the $2,700 now to pay this.

Thanks so much.
    01-29-10 10:03 AM
    01-29-10 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD