My guess is that Fitbit doesn't realize BlackBerry exists.
    I replied to their email saying that I'm getting advice from CrackBerry, and that, FYI, BlackBerry still exists and runs Android LOL.
    Last edited by OTCHRussell; 02-14-17 at 05:06 AM.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    02-12-17 07:36 AM
    Fitbit works on my wife's DTEK50.

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.3.2163 / Telus
    Does it kill her battery? Which model does she have? I find the Dtek50 has a pretty pitiful battery compared to my Z30.
    02-12-17 07:41 AM
    I might do that. I haven't opened the package yet. I would also like to use it as a watch.
    I have the Fitbit Charge 2 I use with my Passport, Classic and Z10. (I sold my DTEK50 as the calendar issues were a deal breaker for me) My BlackBerry 10 devices work fine with the Fitbit app from Amazon. Pairing does of course affect battery but I don't leave my Bluetooth on except while driving and or listening to music. Even then you can disconnect your Fitbit when needed. It most definitely does not need to be paired all the time. I also pair with my Samsung and Amazon Fire tablets when at home and checking out my progress or not. (PS the Fitbit app/site is better than the Garmin from my research and why I decided Fitbit)

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    OTCHRussell likes this.
    02-12-17 09:33 AM
    Does it kill her battery? Which model does she have? I find the Dtek50 has a pretty pitiful battery compared to my Z30.
    She usually has her phone in her purse with the battery pack plugged in. But I agree, battery life on the DTEK50 is not great.

02-12-17 11:52 AM
    She usually has her phone in her purse with the battery pack plugged in. But I agree, battery life on the DTEK50 is not great.

I have it on my belt so battery pack is inconvenient. I usually have to charge during the day. My Z30 always lasted till I went to bed. How good is the Dtek60 battery?
    02-12-17 01:48 PM
    Garmin is the best
    02-12-17 03:34 PM
    With fitbit you just have to make sure it's not setup to sync all day. I found that killed the battery when using that.

Posted via CB10
    02-12-17 06:25 PM
    Fitbit works on my wife's DTEK50.

Yeah. To the OP, I think the fitbit support thought you were intending to use it with blackberry 10 or maybe even BBOS. I think it would work if you try it.
    02-12-17 11:00 PM
    Yeah. To the OP, I think the fitbit support thought you were intending to use it with blackberry 10 or maybe even BBOS. I think it would work if you try it.
    I was pretty clear it was android. We have had several email conversations.
    Meanwhile, I returned the Blaze (too big) and got the Charge 2
    So far it seems to sync to the Dtek50. I haven't tried everything or gone through all the settings, but thanks to all of you for your feedback!!
    bh7171 likes this.
    02-14-17 05:04 AM
    I was pretty clear it was android. We have had several email conversations.
    Meanwhile, I returned the Blaze (too big) and got the Charge 2
    So far it seems to sync to the Dtek50. I haven't tried everything or gone through all the settings, but thanks to all of you for your feedback!!
    Glad to hear you tried it out and it works.
    02-14-17 05:51 AM
    Glad to hear you tried it out and it works.
    At least I confirmed that it works with my Dtek50.
    Just returned it - can't read in the sunlight and got tired of flicking my wrist whenever I wanted to know the time. (Maybe that's a form of exercise). I guess I'll just get a new watch. LOL.
    02-16-17 12:37 AM
    Funny. I am old school and enjoy and am used to wearing a regular watch. At first I was ready to do the same but I gave my Fitbit a few weeks and lo and behold I have gotten used to it and enjoy seeing my weekly progress or regression. This being said a recent report indicated having a fitness wearable or not actually did little for overall health. And as one knows wearables are having a very hard time in the market.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    02-16-17 12:19 PM
    I was originally just looking for a watch that was visible in the dark. But it also has to be visible in bright sunlight. I thought it might be fun to also track my steps and heart rate while I was at it.
    I just ordered a Garmin Vivosmart HR. It's supposed to be always lit, more waterproof than the fitbit, and cheaper. If I can see it in daylight, maybe that will work for me. Always fun to play with tech!!
    02-16-17 11:12 PM
    I use a Garmin vivosmart HR and prior to that a Garmin vivofit. Both connect and work great. The notifications and alerts work well on the vivosmart with my priv. My advice would be ditch the fitbit and go Garmin. I think having the Bluetooth on all the time does mess with my battery life some but its not horrible
    Update. Took your advice. Got the Garmin Vivosmart HR today. Works with my Dtek50, easier to read, and more waterproof. I'll see how it goes.
    02-19-17 10:31 PM
    I have a fitbit flex and it works perfectly fine on my priv, even the pop up widget on the fitbit app works with it!
    02-20-17 10:27 PM
    It should work on android

#luvmybb10os
    02-21-17 03:16 PM
    Garmin Vivosmart HR works perfectly with the Dtek50!! I'm keeping it.
    Last edited by OTCHRussell; 03-07-17 at 10:59 PM.
    02-21-17 07:02 PM
42 12