I just bought a Fitbit Blaze and I was wondering if it can be used with my Dtek50. It does not show up on their list of devices, but there is a Fitbit app in the Playstore.
    So I contacted the company. They said the Dtek50 is NOT supported, even though I can download the app. They said not all the functions will work, and I should just use the app on my PC. I wonder if that is because of BlackBerry security?

Before I return the fitbit, I was wondering if any BlackBerry android owners are using a Fitbit. Is there any functionality? Does it kill the already borderline battery? Do you just use it with a PC?
    Thanks.
    02-08-17 09:07 PM
    I use a Garmin vivosmart HR and prior to that a Garmin vivofit. Both connect and work great. The notifications and alerts work well on the vivosmart with my priv. My advice would be ditch the fitbit and go Garmin. I think having the Bluetooth on all the time does mess with my battery life some but its not horrible
    Randal Yandal likes this.
    02-08-17 09:28 PM
    You could buy a BB10 device and buy a Pebble or Vector.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-17 09:48 PM
    You could buy a BB10 device and buy a Pebble or Vector.

Posted via CB10
    I have a Z30 and a Z10, but carrying the Dtek50 for now.
    02-08-17 11:44 PM
    I use a Garmin vivosmart HR and prior to that a Garmin vivofit. Both connect and work great. The notifications and alerts work well on the vivosmart with my priv. My advice would be ditch the fitbit and go Garmin. I think having the Bluetooth on all the time does mess with my battery life some but its not horrible
    I might do that. I haven't opened the package yet. I would also like to use it as a watch.
    02-08-17 11:46 PM
    I honestly don't think any blackberry device will be listed but if you can install the app it will work. It fully works on my Classic.
    02-09-17 12:44 AM
    I honestly don't think any blackberry device will be listed but if you can install the app it will work. It fully works on my Classic.
    Which model do u own? Are you getting text notifications on your Fitbit?
    02-09-17 01:23 AM
    To the best of my knowledge, the fitbit will work great with the DTEK. It's impossible for fitbit to list or know of every android device, and the dteks line has marshmallow. Enjoy your blaze!
    02-09-17 02:43 AM
    Hard large is their list of "supported" phones? If it's in the hundreds, I doubt that that they have tested their products with all of them.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-17 06:49 AM
    Although there are no BlackBerries on their list, I did have several email conversations with them. They did not want me to return it, but insisted it would not support the Dtek50. Their last email was detailed instructions on how to use it with my computer.

I have never used a fitness tracker before, but will try to set it up this weekend. Costco is very good with returns. I will also will look into the Garmin on Amazon.

Thanks for all your input!
    02-09-17 07:08 AM
    Although there are no BlackBerries on their list, I did have several email conversations with them. They did not want me to return it, but insisted it would not support the Dtek50. Their last email was detailed instructions on how to use it with my computer.

I have never used a fitness tracker before, but will try to set it up this weekend. Costco is very good with returns. I will also will look into the Garmin on Amazon.

Thanks for all your input!
    I had a garmin vivosmart that worked well with my passport notifications and syncing worked well. Better than my ipod touch( had to forget device to reconnect sometimes )
    02-09-17 07:29 AM
    I'm going to pretty much guarantee the dtek50 will work just as any other android device running the same version of Android. If you like the fitbit just use it. If for some reason it doesn't work bring it back. Just taking it out of the box to try it out won't affect returning it ?
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    02-09-17 07:32 AM
    Yeah I don't see why there's any reason it wouldn't work with an android blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-17 08:25 AM
    Yeah I don't see why there's any reason it wouldn't work with an android blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    My thought process is that it should work but if the company says no whether they mean it or out of ignorance why chance it? I know for a fact the Garmin tracker works. and OP I use mine as a watch too lol. Because of some aspects of my job, I miss having a second hand sometimes but I get by
    02-09-17 08:36 AM
    My thought process is that it should work but if the company says no whether they mean it or out of ignorance why chance it? I know for a fact the Garmin tracker works. and OP I use mine as a watch too lol. Because of some aspects of my job, I miss having a second hand sometimes but I get by
    The Company can only guarantee compatibility with models that have been tested. It is designed to work with androids version ____ and up. I can pretty safely assume the new BlackBerry handsets aren't high on anyone's list of big sellers so the company (fitbit) just chooses not to test on the device. That's dollars spent when not necessary. As for why chance it ? Chance what ? You buy an activity tracker. It's new it has a return policy. Why not open the box try pairing it to your device and see if it works (which I'm sure it will) if not ,(which is unlikely). Bring it back and get one that will . I doubt any fitness tracker company is going to list any BlackBerry device in their device compatibility lists. Devices that pair for us Bluetooth don't typically require a specific hardware set. They require the software needs to be compatible and in this case should not be an issue. Your dtek50 has Bluetooth with low power connectivity just like a bunch of the phones on the list. That is the only piece of hardware you need to worry about. As for software. Their proprietary app works on bb10 so I doubt it will have any issues with a version of officially licensed android .
    02-09-17 09:09 AM
    I'm sure FitBit assumes that the DTEK is a BB10 device (obviously it isn't). There's no reason the FitBit won't work perfectly with your DTEK. It really should work with any Android device from the last 4-5 years, though there may be a minimum Android OS version requirement (which won't affect your DTEK).
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    02-09-17 01:32 PM
    I used my fitbit surge w my Priv for over a year. No issues.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-17 03:14 PM
    Fitbit Alta works well with my DTEK60. It was an unusable battery-killer with both my BB10 Passport and Z30.
    02-09-17 04:42 PM
    Fitbit Alta works well with my DTEK60. It was an unusable battery-killer with both my BB10 Passport and Z30.
    It might be with the Dtek50 too.
    02-09-17 10:36 PM
    The Company can only guarantee compatibility with models that have been tested. It is designed to work with androids version ____ and up. I can pretty safely assume the new BlackBerry handsets aren't high on anyone's list of big sellers so the company (fitbit) just chooses not to test on the device. That's dollars spent when not necessary. As for why chance it ? Chance what ? You buy an activity tracker. It's new it has a return policy. Why not open the box try pairing it to your device and see if it works (which I'm sure it will) if not ,(which is unlikely). Bring it back and get one that will . I doubt any fitness tracker company is going to list any BlackBerry device in their device compatibility lists. Devices that pair for us Bluetooth don't typically require a specific hardware set. They require the software needs to be compatible and in this case should not be an issue. Your dtek50 has Bluetooth with low power connectivity just like a bunch of the phones on the list. That is the only piece of hardware you need to worry about. As for software. Their proprietary app works on bb10 so I doubt it will have any issues with a version of officially licensed android .
    I'm not worried about taking it back. Costco said I had a year. I will try it this weekend. I need time to figure it out. Thanks
    02-09-17 10:38 PM
    I just bought a Fitbit Blaze and I was wondering if it can be used with my Dtek50. It does not show up on their list of devices, but there is a Fitbit app in the Playstore.
    So I contacted the company. They said the Dtek50 is NOT supported, even though I can download the app. They said not all the functions will work, and I should just use the app on my PC. I wonder if that is because of BlackBerry security?

Before I return the fitbit, I was wondering if any BlackBerry android owners are using a Fitbit. Is there any functionality? Does it kill the already borderline battery? Do you just use it with a PC?
    Thanks.
    I have my fitbit on my DTEK60, no problem...
    02-11-17 09:51 PM
    You have a current android device and you're still wondering if apps will work lol?

I use the Fitbit app on my 4 year old Z10.....its absolutely going to work on to your DTEK 50. Just download it and off u go

Posted via CB10
    OTCHRussell likes this.
    02-11-17 10:07 PM

Thanks.
    I have a detek50 and a fitbit. It works! The employee that told you different is misinformed, you should escalate it to their manager. The end
    02-11-17 10:51 PM
    My guess is fitbit does not realize the Blackberry phone runs Android.
    02-11-17 10:54 PM
    Fitbit works on my wife's DTEK50.

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.3.2163 / Telus
    02-11-17 11:12 PM
42 12