09-08-16 01:36 AM
36 12
tools
    There still might be room for a BlackBerry Android PKB device sold online.
    09-03-16 01:22 PM
    Sharp and Toshiba still sell very well here in the UK and are far from out of business. Sharp is a very popular maker of phones in Japan as well as tvs so maybe there's more room in this world to secure markets and thrive in some places if not globally.

Posted via CB10
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-03-16 03:29 PM
    Sharp and Toshiba still sell very well here in the UK and are far from out of business. Sharp is a very popular maker of phones in Japan as well as tvs so maybe there's more room in this world to secure markets and thrive in some places if not globally.
    Except they don't. Both companies now license out their name, but the former companies that used to design, make, and support those TVs no longer does.

"Toshiba" TVs have been Compal TVs since 2015 (a Taiwanese company) while "Sharp" TVs are now, as of 2016, Hisense (a Chinese company).
    09-03-16 05:32 PM
    It doesn't matter who is making the units with the Toshiba or sharp brand on Toshiba and sharp still exist in those sectors, I can buy a Toshiba or sharp TV tomorrow your point is invalidated by that fact.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-16 05:58 PM
    Not all of them. A couple strong companies rising from a mass of OEMs. Rather familiar pattern. Also familiar is that these stronger Chinese OEMs are moving towards an integrated vertical business model and do not rely on handsets only. at least a couple are designing their own SOCs. The other companies rise and fall with almost breathtaking speed.

I think Xiaomi's upcoming entry to the US will be a litmus test of ability to compete at the mid to high end globally.
    I said "Other" Chinese companies. I didn't say all of them. I wasn't going to mention them one by one. Most of the companies nowadays sell devices and services other than handsets, Chinese or not.

Xiaomi's entry into the US market should improve their current situation, they've lost a strong market position in China. Its a company I like so its good to see them go to the US, this will encourage retailers to import the devices from the US even if Xiaomi is not officially in their country, so we should see them in several countries after their entry.
    09-04-16 12:21 AM
    I think that more and more people are keeping their phones after their contract finishes .
    09-04-16 01:46 PM
    The only sales information you will get from Blackberry on this phone will be their usual "Sales have exceeded our expectations" line that they give to every device now.
    09-05-16 01:04 AM
    Samsung is struggling. Apple has had some slumps. HTC Sony etc the list goes on, & begs the question: Who makes money on great smartphone sales anymore? Sony has come right out & said it: They don't make a profit from their phones. They are just making phones in order to stay in the market. Perhaps, in case the next big thing comes along I guess?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    We've reached peak smartphone... or market saturation. What else would you want to pack into ~150g of rectangular pocketable computing device that's not already in there...?

:-D

  "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "  
    Ursus Rufus likes this.
    09-06-16 12:55 AM
    The only sales information you will get from Blackberry on this phone will be their usual "Sales have exceeded our expectations" line that they give to every device now.
    BlackBerry never said about that with regards to the Priv. Let's wait for them to say about Deeteckpeepty sales.
    09-07-16 02:33 AM
    Hopefully sales will be / become positive.....as I use my Playbook after a year being stored in a drawer.
    09-07-16 03:43 PM
    I'm not looking for how many consumers have bought it, since it's not really aimed at them. What I'm looking for is if big enterprises are jumping on board with this phone or not

Posted via CB10
    They wont for a while
    09-08-16 01:36 AM
36 12