I understand that rim isn't finished with bb10 yet, and will still be making tweaks and optimizing the OS but I have a few concerns.

Will the London series hardware be able to run all components quickly? Or will it bog down like the playbook browser? Html 5 is great but will they be able to develop a lightning fast java experience?

Watching the video posted awhile back there were a few times I was slightly disappointed.

Browser starts around 2:30 in

1. The length of time it takes to launch the browser
    2. While giving a demo the devices quickly goes to sleep, and when he awakes the phone he has to renter his search.
    3. The number of times he attempts to launch the Page.
    4. The strange techno stuff happening when he does the pinch to zoom.
    5. Even in reader mode it still looks wrong.

What happened at the 4:30 mark?

Again I know nothing is final, just sharing my worries.
    10-06-12 08:19 AM
    My only worries are

1. Third party support
    If app world is anything like the playbook, I'll be disappointed.

2. The browser performance (hang ups, crashing, etc). The browser must be reliable. Whenever I go to certain sites on my playbook, the browser would hang which is really annoying.

3.Device boot time
    If you have a playbook you already know.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    10-06-12 08:35 AM
    Boot time will be reduced. They have already explained why it takes so long and that they are taking a different approach.
    I find the current browser on Playbook to be very poor. The way you use it is so different from the desktop ones that I don't know if it is me or the browser.

As far as third party app support, I think they are just chomping at the bit, wanting to tell us all of the apps that will be available but want to surprise us.
    10-06-12 08:48 AM
    You think this demo could be like the java app they tried to sell on stage as the real deal with the Playbook?
    10-06-12 08:58 AM
    My biggest concern with BB10 is mass adoption. Will it offer enough to garner a large user base? Launch titles aside, if they don't get a fair sized user base early, you won't see a lot of future developers pursuing the platform. They need perfect execution, amazing advertising and a pinch of luck. Even a single misstep could spell disaster for BB10. That would be my single, biggest concern.
    lockedtight likes this.
    10-06-12 09:00 AM
    my biggest concern with bb10 os the general population AKA Iphone users, being to stupid to understand the os and instantly writing it off as "to hard to use or figure out" bb10 seems so sophisticated and admittedly complex that I feel it could be very hard for your basic user to understand...

Sent from da BOLD or maybe mi PlayBook
    Last edited by Bobert_123; 10-06-12 at 09:50 AM.
    10-06-12 09:24 AM
    my biggest concern with bb10 os the general population AKA Iphone users, being to stupid to understand the os and instantly writing it off as "to hard to use or figure out" bb10 seems so sophisticated and admittedly complex that I feel it could be very hard for you basic user to understand...

You can't be serious.

10-06-12 09:28 AM
    my biggest concern with bb10 os the general population AKA Iphone users, being to stupid to understand the os and instantly writing it off as "to hard to use or figure out" bb10 seems so sophisticated and admittedly complex that I feel it could be very hard for you basic user to understand...

Wut

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
    10-06-12 09:45 AM
    [QUOTE=MartyMcfly;7663923]You can't be serious.

very serious, do you know how many times iv shown someone my playbook and they've been so confused by the swipe gestures that they just put it down and stared to mess with my ipad instead, even I took over a month to fully understand pb os, its going to be a 100 times harder on the bb10 handsets

10-06-12 09:54 AM
    Wut

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2
    "wut" to you to!!

10-06-12 09:57 AM
    Let's say someone buys a DVD from a store and it comes with a digital copy.....
    ...Can that person put THAT movie on their Playbook as easily as on an ipad and have playback quality as good as ipad?

Seemed that I had trouble putting a digital copy of a movie I bought on my Playbook.....
    ...But it went right on the ipad with no problems.
    ...I understand it's only slighly more difficult to do with Droid. But it works.

Has RIM addressed this yet?
    10-06-12 09:59 AM
    Everything. No seriously. I've been ready to upgrade for 2 months now, and I was going to just upgrade today. I have a 9800, my choices are Note 2, iPhone 5 (I have 4 on a separate contract), or wait for the BB10. I will be really mad if I wait for the BB10 and it's a let down.

I've had phones where the OS constantly breaks down, it ruins the media card, messages randomly disappearing, random reboots, boot time, how responsive the touch screen is and if it's really that good, new BBM and emailing features?
    10-06-12 09:59 AM
    my biggest concern with bb10 os the general population AKA Iphone users, being to stupid to understand the os and instantly writing it off as "to hard to use or figure out" bb10 seems so sophisticated and admittedly complex that I feel it could be very hard for your basic user to understand...

Lol, I can't even take this seriously.
    10-06-12 12:52 PM
    My only worries are

1. Third party support
    If app world is anything like the playbook, I'll be disappointed.

2. The browser performance (hang ups, crashing, etc). The browser must be reliable. Whenever I go to certain sites on my playbook, the browser would hang which is really annoying.
    3.Device boot time
    If you have a playbook you already know.

the last i heard the playbook browser was built off Adobe AIR which is the reason for its hang ups, its crashes and its RAM usage. BB10 will be built of of RIMs own WebWorks SDK so hopefully it will be lighter weight and quicker then the Playbooks, not that the Playbook has a lacking in capability but the whole experince and hardware demand could be better
    Thunderbuck and kbz1960 like this.
    10-06-12 01:47 PM
    Lol, I can't even take this seriously.
    Instead of making a rude comment how about you try to contribute and explain why what I said was so crazy

Thanks

10-06-12 04:30 PM
    Biggest concern? Third party apps. They need the big name apps that are available on the competition. Reality is people choose the infrastructure not just the OS. This has been Rims problem and main reason for loss of market share. BB10 looks great, but if the apps are not there its going nowhere.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930
    10-06-12 04:50 PM
    You think this demo could be like the java app they tried to sell on stage as the real deal with the Playbook?
    No. Dev Alpha users also got a system update that provides a near feature-complete version of the UI. This is the real deal.
    10-06-12 05:00 PM
    My issue is with the apps too, and how running Android apps will work.
    10-06-12 05:01 PM
    I understand that rim isn't finished with bb10 yet, and will still be making tweaks and optimizing the OS but I have a few concerns.

Will the London series hardware be able to run all components quickly? Or will it bog down like the playbook browser? Html 5 is great but will they be able to develop a lightning fast java experience?

Watching the video posted awhile back there were a few times I was slightly disappointed.

Browser starts around 2:30 in

1. The length of time it takes to launch the browser
    2. While giving a demo the devices quickly goes to sleep, and when he awakes the phone he has to renter his search.
    3. The number of times he attempts to launch the Page.
    4. The strange techno stuff happening when he does the pinch to zoom.
    5. Even in reader mode it still looks wrong.

What happened at the 4:30 mark?

Again I know nothing is final, just sharing my worries.
    This isn't even a beta. It's very much a preview, with a capital PRE-. This isn't final hardware, and it isn't the final OS.

A couple of points: it's fairly common knowledge that the Dev Alpha B device shown here has a case that interferes with gestures. Obviously, the production models won't do that. Second, the Dev Alpha B doesn't have the final SoC, either, so general performance is likely to be somewhat better.
    10-06-12 05:04 PM
    It's going to be great and third world support will be strong...be positive.
    10-06-12 05:14 PM

Instead of making a rude comment how about you try to contribute and explain why what I said was so crazy

Thanks

Lol...you're chastising ME for making a rude comment? Get a clue, calling other users stupid is never going to promote positive conversation. I know plenty of idiots, and it doesn't matter what phone they use.
    richardat likes this.
    10-06-12 07:50 PM
    [QUOTE=Bobert_123;7663960]
    You can't be serious.

very serious, do you know how many times iv shown someone my playbook and they've been so confused by the swipe gestures that they just put it down and stared to mess with my ipad instead, even I took over a month to fully understand pb os, its going to be a 100 times harder on the bb10 handsets

Guess I'm just brilliant because after a couple minutes on the pb I had it down pat.
    10-06-12 08:01 PM
    Lol...you're chastising ME for making a rude comment? Get a clue, calling other users stupid is never going to promote positive conversation. I know plenty of idiots, and it doesn't matter what phone they use.
    well lol to YOU to, sorry if I pissed you off but the stupid part was only a joke, next time ill add a smiley face if it makes you feel better

10-06-12 08:05 PM
    [QUOTE=kbz1960;7664729]

Guess I'm just brilliant because after a couple minutes on the pb I had it down pat.
    You must be brilliant... I'm not trying to say i'm some who could not figure out my tablet. I was learning new stuff about it every day for a while that I would have otherwise learned in half an hour on lets say an Ipad.

10-06-12 08:08 PM
    [QUOTE=Bobert_123;7664744]

You must be brilliant... I'm not trying to say i'm some who could not figure out my tablet. I was learning new stuff about it every day for a while that I would have otherwise learned in half an hour on lets say an Ipad.

Most people want something that's easy and intuitive, what's wrong with that?

richardat likes this.
    10-06-12 08:36 PM
64 123