Hey guys,

I have had a recurring issue with a customer's blackberry (and I have had to replace it 4 times now.) She's had these issues that have been basically recurring:

Phone will go randomly from bluetooth to speakerphone
    It won't ring or vibrate when you get a new message or a phone call (when on hte normal profile) (it does it in or out of case)
    It won't receive messages (email or voice) randomly. For instance, she got a Voice mail on Friday afternoon at 4, but, didn't get it until Saturday.

She has to pull her battery 4 times a day to reset in order to get her email. It will work for a short while, but, will quit working again until she pulls her battery.

Also, is there problem with the Roxio Media Manager (it caused her BB to lock up the other day, and she had to uninstall her BB desktop manager.

She has a model 8350i.

Thanks.

Jeremy James
    04-05-10 09:39 AM
    If all of those things have happened to all 4 phones, then it's unlikely that the phones are at fault. I would suspect either an app that she downloaded (or a combination of 2 or more apps that don't play well together), a theme that she downloaded, or some piece of corrupted data that she keeps transferring over from her contacts every time she gets a new device. One way to check this would be to wipe the phone and reinstall the most current OS and do NOT allow it to restore contacts or 3rd party apps during the install. Then use the phone for a day or 2 and see how it runs. If it's OK, sync contacts and calendar from Outlook (or wherever they are stored) and go another day or 2. If a problem comes up, maybe try repairing the database of her primary contacts on the PC. IF everything is OK, start adding back apps...slowly.
    04-05-10 09:50 AM
    As you add the apps back leave a day or two between them to see how well they play together.
    04-05-10 09:57 AM
    is her email set up through BIS? try sending service books to push emails to her phone. GREY had some good points i would also try what he said, it does sound like corrupt software or operating system.
    04-05-10 09:58 AM
    Is there a way to see how the contacts are corrupted? I think that's the ticket, as she is not loading any other programs.
    04-05-10 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD