It would be great. For example, starting 10.3 OS update. I think BlackBerry could talk with the developer and do ir. Android integration is great and certainly will improve, but the problem is that sideloading is a tough process. We know it because we're always here in crackberry checking BlackBerry news, but for regular users is hard to even know about it.

Thanks!

My awesome Z30 just impressed you again!
    04-26-14 12:12 PM
    No.

The whole APK feature is officially only a developer's tool, not something that's supported by BB for end-users. Further, Snap violates the Google Play Store Terms Of Service (at the very least), and while Google has so far ignored that, if BB were to pre-load Snap, it would force Google to take official notice, which would lead to a Cease and Desist, a possible lawsuit, and almost certainly lead to the end of Snap's access to the Play Store.
    04-26-14 12:17 PM
    BlackBerry will not want/allow a competing appstore on their phones.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    04-26-14 12:17 PM
    Almost certainly not, however Chen has promised that a 'much better way to access Android apps' is being developed.

So it looks like a BlackBerry appstore for Android could be in the future.

See the last CrackBerry video cast for more details on this (the one dedicated to the ultimate warrior).

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 01:04 PM
    Almost certainly not, however Chen has promised that a 'much better way to access Android apps' is being developed.

So it looks like a BlackBerry appstore for Android could be in the future.

See the last CrackBerry video cast for more details on this (the one dedicated to the ultimate warrior).

Posted via CB10
    As others have said though, the solution would more likely be to have pure Android APKs in BlackBerry World. BlackBerry is going to want their revenue. They'd be stupid not to.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    04-26-14 01:19 PM
    As others have said though, the solution would more likely be to have pure Android APKs in BlackBerry World. BlackBerry is going to want their revenue. They'd be stupid not to.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    It seems nice of in this way. They could create and area for android apks inside BlackBerry world and fill the store with android apks by their own.

04-28-14 12:52 PM
    It seems nice of in this way. They could create and area for android apks inside BlackBerry world and fill the store with android apks by their own.

If*

04-28-14 12:55 PM
    The problem with that is: nothing is really stopping Android developers from doing that already. Many apps could be run through a simple converter and posted to BB World by their developers, but relatively few have done so. It's not likely that an APK store would have much more usage by developers.
    04-28-14 06:57 PM