my biggest problem with the BB is how it syncs with outlook..

one thing that used to work nicely with windows mobile, was Windows mobile device center.. it took a few minutes to resync my contacts and calendar with outlook.. and with Jeyo Mobile Extender, i also used to get my SMS messages copied over to a mailbox on outlook.

i'm really missing that with the blackberry.

it is me, or does anyone else feel the desktop manager sync is so slow and inefficient?
    03-28-09 10:55 AM
    I just submitted that same question yesterday and, like you, I'm one of the VERY few to have received ABSOLUTELY NO responses. Are we just too rare a breed? Are we the only two people in the world who aren't on an exchange server?

One thing I liked about the Windows Mobile Device Center is that it didn't sync EVERYTHING in Outlook EVERY SINGLE TIME. It did it automatically when you changed something, instead of you having to do it manually, and it only synced what was necessary. It only synced what was changed. I'm surprised BB hasn't come up with something similar, because the rest of the phone is great!

BTW, have you found a solution yet?
    04-30-09 10:18 AM
    unfortunately not..
    syncing is still a time consuming chore.
    however i found an application that can open up the IPD backup files, and has the ability to export selected portions into Outlook.

so i backup my text messages, clear them on the blackberry, then open the resulting IPD file with ABC Amber BlackBerry and there they are.

i need to purchase the full version of ABC Amber in order to export to outlook and maintain my text message archive
    04-30-09 12:33 PM
    I am with you guys! The slow / incomplete sync seems to be a silent issue. Maybe we should start a club.
    05-01-09 08:15 AM
    I don't know if it synchs with outlook but I have heard of skydeck?
    07-08-09 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD