I have 3 Blackberry 8530's in my house, we use them basically as phone's and web surfing with out usual daily stuff, email and messaging, should I get anti virus software for them?
    Or is the spy ware remover I got from the Blackberry app store enough
    05-25-10 09:17 PM
    The spyware remover is more than enough, mate. And I doubt that in your average use of that alone, you'll ever even come across a malware on your devices.
    05-25-10 09:19 PM
    Currently there are no known viruses or malware for the BB. You should however
    protect your computers.

By the bye, in your signature, "payraise" is actually two words - pay raise
    05-25-10 09:21 PM
    Whenever I get a suspicious email (from a trusted contact), I PURPOSELY check it on my BlackBerry, not my computer. It usually comes up as a 404 or 505 error with a message like "the server is temporarily unavailable" or some other similar wording. To me, that seems like a giveaway that the shady message probably would have trashed my computer. But not my BlackBerry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-10 11:13 PM
    Whenever I get a suspicious email (from a trusted contact), I PURPOSELY check it on my BlackBerry, not my computer. It usually comes up as a 404 or 505 error with a message like "the server is temporarily unavailable" or some other similar wording. To me, that seems like a giveaway that the shady message probably would have trashed my computer. But not my BlackBerry!

Lmbo! I knew I wasn't alone on that practice!
    05-25-10 11:56 PM
    Got one yesterday from a not-untrusted (but not so trusted) contact. I opened the email from my BlackBerry. Just a link inside. No matter how many times I tried the link (yesterday and today) I got this, lol:

05-25-10 11:59 PM
    blackberrys get viruses?
    05-26-10 05:28 AM
    blackberrys get viruses?
    read the 3rd post in the thread.
    05-26-10 05:30 AM
    Thanks a million guys Since this is my first "smart phone" I figured I'd ask the experts om the subject. I'm on my desktop right now, BB is charging and I type faster on this thing, not I have NOD 32 Av on here along with Super anti spyware, malware Bytes Anti malware and so many other defragers and removers that their running out my ears, so its good to know that there is something that nothings made to harm yet

Oh and amazinglygraceless, thanks, I fixed it
    05-26-10 05:00 PM
    Maybe not for now. but later i believe there will be Virus on any platform.
    keep your eyes open. and beware from suspicious email from unknown source.
    I know BB still safe for now. but we did not know about tomorrow or next month
    05-26-10 08:46 PM
    Yea someday soon their probably be viruses or at least some form of malware for every electronic device. But for now I think the world. Is safe. And with any luck RIM will update the BB's OS and the BB will be safe before a virus comes out

05-26-10 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD