via Dan Lyons on The Daily Beast citing an NYT Artcile.

Dan Lyons is technology editor at Newsweek and the creator of Fake Steve Jobs, the persona behind the notorious tech blog The Secret Diary of Steve Jobs. Before joining Newsweek, Lyons spent 10 years at Forbes.

Read Here: The Daily Beat

Mans reach exceeds his grasp
    bluetroll and jordandrews90 like this.
    05-02-12 04:43 PM
    good article... google's the best search engine though!
    05-02-12 04:53 PM
    "A bit of hyperbole" is understatement at it's finest.

Google isn't Microsoft. Companies that size now have antitrust/lawsuit costs factored in to their operations, especially considering that patent theft and abuse is rampant in the related industries. They know the lawsuits are coming, and they are much better prepared than MS.
    05-02-12 05:19 PM
    The author conveniently left out the first xBox, which was released in 2001. MS was not exactly paralyzed as the author makes out.
    05-02-12 05:39 PM
    Google has plenty of money and I doubt this will bring them down especially with the newest contract they just signed with the government...
    05-02-12 05:58 PM
    I'm glad they're going after Google. I think they're using their 'reach' to their advantage

The list of companies they bought is large.

Will be quite interesting to see what the FTC dredges up
    05-02-12 07:42 PM
    I think the article is funny in how it says all the negative things can ruin a company. Google has all kinds of bad press over the past year or so and with the oracle case old documents are getting dug up so nothing really new would be dug up by the ftc. Plus its not like people go out to google stores to buy things they buy things online or use google services and with their not being really any other option that does what google does what are people going to run to?
    05-02-12 07:51 PM
    I already use Bing as my search for my playbook and might just switch my 9900 to that. Bing is improving. DuckDuckGo on my computers, or bing.
    05-03-12 02:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD