We have an immune system for a reason. Using anti-bacterial cleaners to kill germs will only make them stronger in the long run.
    09-09-09 04:50 AM
    I suggest the following Blackberry Anti-Bacterial Routine, which should only be performed in a "clean room" environment.

1. Remove battery cover and battery.
    2. Spray device with compressed air.
    3. Wipe with antibacterial moistened towels
    4. Place device under ultraviolet sterilizing lamp for 2-3 hours
    5. Cook in microwave oven for 5-7 minutes, rotating at least once.
    6. Dip Blackberry in a strong acid bath -- maybe sulfuric acid or acetic acid.
    7. Rinse off the acid with sterile distilled water (medical grade).
    8. Spray Lysol (or similar) liberally over all exposed surfaces and inside the battery compartment.

After performing the above routine (at least daily), I am certain it will be fairly germ free. Unfortunately, it may cause a wee bit of damage to the Blackberry and it may no longer function, but at least it will be germ free.

Disclaimer: BerryRJ is not responsible for any damage caused by the above ridiculous advice.
    Last edited by BerryRJ; 09-09-09 at 07:51 AM.
    09-09-09 07:43 AM
    I think the best way to avoid getting sick from a germy bb is prevention. Don't sit it on bars, restaurant tables, rental car passenger seats, etc. Keep your own hands clean. Don't let other people touch it.

The difference between having filthy flip flops and a dirty bb is that people don't often fiddle for hours with their flips then touch their face, eyes, mouth, etc.
    09-09-09 08:34 AM
    Read the news stories about Swine Flu and then come back and criticize. I am in a high risk group (I have asthma) and have a family member with leukemia so germs are far from harmless to me.
    The seasonal flu will kill far more people than the H1N1 flu. People are just trained to panic when the media starts to hype things up. EVERYONE regardless of risk group should use common sense practices when it comes to illness prevention. Washing hands frequently, keeping your hands away from your mouth, stay home from school or work when you are sick, replace things that contact illness germs(i.e.toothbrush, chapstick, lipstick) after an illness. All these things will help keep you from getting or spreading germs.
    09-09-09 09:17 AM
    I clean my phones with alcohol, but I told my gf this and she ended up destroying her phone, so just be careful not to bathe it lol
    09-09-09 09:22 AM
    The seasonal flu will kill far more people than the H1N1 flu. People are just trained to panic when the media starts to hype things up. EVERYONE regardless of risk group should use common sense practices when it comes to illness prevention. Washing hands frequently, keeping your hands away from your mouth, stay home from school or work when you are sick, replace things that contact illness germs(i.e.toothbrush, chapstick, lipstick) after an illness. All these things will help keep you from getting or spreading germs.
    car accidents will kill more people than serial murderers - does this mean we should not drive cars for fear of crashing, but feel safe walking in the gang territory in the ghetto? based on your statistical rationalization of fear, this is the conclusion ^^
    Last edited by machx; 09-09-09 at 09:26 AM.
    09-09-09 09:23 AM
    I clean my phones with alcohol, but I told my gf this and she ended up destroying her phone, so just be careful not to bathe it lol
    Let me guess, 30% alcohol? Pure alcohol is what you should use, it's how we clean the circuit boards right off the assembly line.

When we had fewer workers we would just run them through the dishwasher first then hit them with alcohol.

Still think mimes are funny?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 09:32 AM
    car accidents will kill more people than serial murderers - does this mean we should not drive cars for fear of crashing, but feel safe walking in the gang territory in the ghetto? based on your statistical rationalization of fear, this is the conclusion ^^
    What do serial killers have to do with gang territory in the ghetto? Serial killers can be found everywhere.

Anyway, I use a little hand sanitizer about twice a month to "sanitize" my bb.
    09-09-09 09:34 AM
    And the overtly racist post of the day award goes to...
    09-09-09 09:58 AM
    Let me guess, 30% alcohol? Pure alcohol is what you should use, it's how we clean the circuit boards right off the assembly line.

When we had fewer workers we would just run them through the dishwasher first then hit them with alcohol.

Still think mimes are funny?

I never had the problem myself, but I'm guessing you're right and that's what she used... Rubbing alcohol is great

What do serial killers have to do with gang territory in the ghetto? Serial killers can be found everywhere.

Anyway, I use a little hand sanitizer about twice a month to "sanitize" my bb.
    Yes, but for the analogy I needed a place with lots of serial killers. I was thinking of the jailhouse but why would we be walking in the jailhouse?

And the overtly racist post of the day award goes to...
    hey there was no mention of race whatsoever - there are all races in the ghettos...
    09-09-09 10:35 AM
    hey there was no mention of race whatsoever - there are all races in the ghettos...
    I don't remember inviting you to my home, how'd you find me?
    09-09-09 10:36 AM
    I use anti miceone wipes by 3m that I get at work. Wipe it down religiously. Like multiple times daily. Keeps it so fresh and so clean clean.

09-09-09 01:57 PM
    Ever watch the TV show MONK? This thread sound like something he would start.
    09-09-09 02:16 PM
    Ever watch the TV show MONK? This thread sound like something he would start.
    Yeah, this really is a ridiculous thread. Unless you hand your phone off to every single person you walk by or place your phone in places you wouldn't even think of touching, the likelihood of catching an illness from your phone is no more than catching an illness from anywhere or anything else you come in contact with. If you strictly keep your phone to yourself, wanting to or feeling the need to disinfect your cell phone constantly is pure paranoia.
    09-09-09 02:37 PM
    Yeah, this really is a ridiculous thread. Unless you hand your phone off to every single person you walk by or place your phone in places you wouldn't even think of touching, the likelihood of catching an illness from your phone is no more than catching an illness from anywhere or anything else you come in contact with. If you strictly keep your phone to yourself, wanting to or feeling the need to disinfect your cell phone constantly is pure paranoia.
    I hide mine in the toilet bowl, thieves never think to look there for it.
    09-09-09 03:39 PM
    lol...this post made no sense what so ever...lol.

But, using your analogy....car accidents kill people, does this mean we should stop driving? No, but in the rain the chance of accidents increases, should we therefore routinely pull over to dry off our tires? No, because as soon as we pull out the tires are wet again. However, if we discover we have a worn out tire we should take the time to replace it so we are not increasing our chances of crashing.
    As for gang territory, I avoid those areas because they are higher risk and I don't feel like getting shot. Just like I don't hang out in the doctors office sharing soda with all the sick people coming in.

The odds that your cell phone is going to make you sick is rediculously low, however if you are in the habit of letting others use your phone it would be a good idea to clean it before you put it back up to your mouth.
    09-09-09 05:02 PM
    Thanks to those whose replies answered my initial question and thank you for being mature about it. This thread was never intended to become an argument or a finger-pointing tyrant about how well related Mr. Monk and myself must be. Bottom line, just use some common sense (cover your sneeze/cough, wash your hands, etc.). Even if you disagree about cleaning your Berry for sanitation reasons, you can at least say it�s shinier.
    09-10-09 01:05 AM
    There is a good chance of getting menengitis from the fecal matter that is on your toilet seat that is NOT on your phone.
    Perhaps off-topic here, but did you know there's fecal matter on your tooth brush if you store it in the washroom? Not enough to make you sick, but there none the less.
    09-10-09 01:17 AM
    Perhaps off-topic here, but did you know there's fecal matter on your tooth brush if you store it in the washroom? Not enough to make you sick, but there none the less.
    If you watched that Mythbusters episode, they found that even the control toothbrushes stored in the break room had traces of fecal matter on them. I think the point is you can't avoid everything that is nasty.
    Last edited by barbwyr; 09-10-09 at 01:37 AM.
    09-10-09 01:31 AM
    Thanks to those whose replies answered my initial question and thank you for being mature about it. This thread was never intended to become an argument or a finger-pointing tyrant about how well related Mr. Monk and myself must be. Bottom line, just use some common sense (cover your sneeze/cough, wash your hands, etc.). Even if you disagree about cleaning your Berry for sanitation reasons, you can at least say it�s shinier.
    I think this is what everyone was trying to point out. You can't be lured into the hype by the media. You have to use common sense and common sense says don't let people especially sick ones borrow anything that will touch your body again. And NEVER spray anything on your electronics.
    09-10-09 01:43 AM
    No you should not walk in the ghetto for fear of the albino vampire prarie dogs
    09-10-09 01:46 AM
    If you watched that Mythbusters episode, they found that even the control toothbrushes stored in the break room had traces of fecal matter on them. I think the point is you can't avoid everything that is nasty.
    Ya, that was sort of my point... Basically, people brush their teeth with **** on a daily basis. Well, most do anyhow as I'm sure there are those that don't brush daily.
    09-10-09 01:48 AM
    I just use these Dettol handwipes I have haha.
    09-10-09 01:49 AM
    I make sure my mouth is sufficiently cleansed with Wild Turkey over ice to keep the bacteria in check.

09-10-09 01:59 AM
    Exactly my point. The study is bogus but those who are paranoid will jump on the "germ" bandwagon and disinfect everything in sight. lol

I'd rather kiss my cell phone. There is a good chance of getting menengitis from the fecal matter that is on your toilet seat that is NOT on your phone. The cell phone may have more germs on it, but the toilet seat has more deadly germs on it. The study does not tell you that.
    09-10-09 06:51 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD