Ok, if you take this too seriously I may cause you problems (esp the percentage), but when I read this at the end of today's Talk Mobile blog my immediate response was "I should just keep this copied to a clipboard and paste it everytime someone gets to ragging on another platform" . . . fwiw . . .

"Between Android, iOS, BlackBerry, and Windows Phone, there's something for everybody. Some platforms may have more apps than others, some may be less restrictive in the apps they accept, and some may have better cameras or keyboards or displays, but regardless of which stroke you opt to make part of your life, it's going to enhance your productivity, your creativity, and your knowledge.
    What's best for you is a personal decision that's influenced by far more factors than we could possible cover in here. You make decisions on the carrier, the platform, the device, the services, and the apps, all based on you - your preferences and tastes, and your needs and desires. We can't make that decision for you. But armed with a clear mind and an idea of what you want and need, it's a decision you can make."

Cheers
    10-07-13 11:26 AM
    Seems like a non-answer to me. How does this help anyone decide what phone to choose?

"Pick the phone that works best for you. Good luck." Do you really think that helps anybody?
    10-07-13 11:29 AM
    Seems like a non-answer to me. How does this help anyone decide what phone to choose?

"Pick the phone that works best for you. Good luck." Do you really think that helps anybody?
    You're obviously one of those serious types I referenced . .
    And you obviously didn't read my post, I said "and use it when people start ragging on other platforms" . .
    10-07-13 11:34 AM

As people grow older they tend to make their own decisions.

Posted via CB10
    mrspic, drknobs and toneytone like this.
    10-07-13 11:37 AM

it would if you actually thought for yourself rather than run your mouth, hypothetically of course

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 11:39 AM
    Ok, if you take this too seriously I may cause you problems (esp the percentage), but when I read this at the end of today's Talk Mobile blog my immediate response was "I should just keep this copied to a clipboard and paste it everytime someone gets to ragging on another platform" . . . fwiw . . .

"Between Android, iOS, BlackBerry, and Windows Phone, there's something for everybody. Some platforms may have more apps than others, some may be less restrictive in the apps they accept, and some may have better cameras or keyboards or displays, but regardless of which stroke you opt to make part of your life, it's going to enhance your productivity, your creativity, and your knowledge.
    What's best for you is a personal decision that's influenced by far more factors than we could possible cover in here. You make decisions on the carrier, the platform, the device, the services, and the apps, all based on you - your preferences and tastes, and your needs and desires. We can't make that decision for you. But armed with a clear mind and an idea of what you want and need, it's a decision you can make."

Cheers
    Only if everyone were smart as you said. A lot of people are followers, they just buy whatever everyone else around them buy.
    10-07-13 11:42 AM
    So we don't actually need Crackberry forums ?
    10-07-13 11:43 AM
    As people grow older they tend to make their own decisions.
    Yes "mature" people make their own decisions, but they do so by learning as much as possible about what the choices are and how their decision may affect them now and in the future. So in other words they want HELP making a decision.

What I take from Talk Mobile Blog, everyone is feeling sorry for Kevin. It's fun to trash talk your buddy when he doesn't make a basket or catch a ball. Until you learn he has cancer and will be dead in 6 months....
    revtech likes this.
    10-07-13 11:52 AM
    Awesome, an automated message, like those robotic voices I hear when I call my bank. Rogers should put this message in their answering machine
    10-07-13 11:52 AM
    Seems like most people missed my point, which I guess is my fault if it wasn't clear. I said I wanted to post this when others were ragging on other platforms; meaning that I thought this was a good quote highlighting that each platform has its +'s and -'s and that we don't need to bicker and argue over which is 'best', and that since we all have different needs therefore its ok to like different phones. I didn't say this was one answer for those seeking input or help in deciding on a phone, nor did I say we don't need the forums anymore, nor did I even say the quote (its from Talk Mobile) . . . I actually just wanted to say I like this answer as opposed to all the useless "your phone sucks" type of stuff that it seems more and more threads end up degenerating into.
    web99, dbiv5445 and spyeagle like this.
    10-07-13 12:06 PM
    influence of character and your own usage patterns decide which platform is better for an individual
    10-07-13 12:13 PM
    Yes "mature" people make their own decisions, but they do so by learning as much as possible about what the choices are and how their decision may affect them now and in the future. So in other words they want HELP making a decision.

What I take from Talk Mobile Blog, everyone is feeling sorry for Kevin. It's fun to trash talk your buddy when he doesn't make a basket or catch a ball. Until you learn he has cancer and will be dead in 6 months....
    Hahaha uhhh what?

Maybe it's just me, but I've been taught to only offer opinions if asked. There's nothing more annoying then that one guy at the office who always inserts himself into the conversation offering his opinion. When clearly, no one asked.

Posted via CB10
    revtech and toneytone like this.
    10-07-13 12:24 PM
    Between Android, iOS, BlackBerry, and Windows Phone, there's something for everybody. Some platforms may have more apps than others, some may be less restrictive in the apps they accept, and some may have better cameras or keyboards or displays, but regardless of which stroke you opt to make part of your life, it's going to enhance your productivity, your creativity, and your knowledge.
    What's best for you is a personal decision that's influenced by far more factors than we could possible cover in here. You make decisions on the carrier, the platform, the device, the services, and the apps, all based on you - your preferences and tastes, and your needs and desires. We can't make that decision for you. But armed with a clear mind and an idea of what you want and need, it's a decision you can make.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    10-07-13 12:30 PM

Cheers
    This is so true but will change nothing.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 02:39 PM
    Research the phone you want to buy. Ask others about what they like about it .

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 02:53 PM
    As people grow older UP they tend to make their own decisions.
    Fixed that a little
    10-07-13 03:12 PM
    I think the OP has a good message. I see tons of posts asking which phone they should get, and it's always between a BB and an iOS or Android device. Say the decision is between the Z30 and LG G2. If you pose this question on CB, of course your answers will be heavily skewed for the Z30, especially by people that have never used Android. If you go to AC, of course your answers will be heavily skewed for the LG G2, especially by people who have never used BlackBerry. How the heck would this help anyone get an informed and accurate answer?

I have a couple relatively unbiased sources for info and reviews that I use to help guide my decision when I'm considering a new device. I do my own research, weigh the pros and cons based on my own needs, and then when I decide on one I go to that device's forum for discussion. Sometimes I might mention that it was between this device and a ______, and I get the expected reaction of "You made the right choice!" since I'm among those who have also bought that device. But say I go to the board for the other device and list the reasons why I chose the other device over that one (not that I'd do that). In that case, I'd be expecting a lot of "You'll be sorry, just wait!" "This device can do ______ so much better!" "Your loss" etc.

It's just logical.
    10-07-13 03:58 PM
    Fixed that a little
    Sometimes as you grow older, you get shorter, so you could grow down instead of up.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 04:02 PM
    I think many of you take yourselves and the Crackberry forums a tad too seriously. You Blackberry folk need to realize that those with Android and Apple still "get things done", still send emails and have their calendars synched and all that. And you Apple and Android folk need to realize that most if not all Blackberry users chose their device for one reason or another using their own free will, and that Blackberry users are not lepers.
    tmanthib and spyeagle like this.
    10-07-13 04:08 PM
    Seems like most people missed my point, which I guess is my fault if it wasn't clear. I said I wanted to post this when others were ragging on other platforms; meaning that I thought this was a good quote highlighting that each platform has its +'s and -'s and that we don't need to bicker and argue over which is 'best', and that since we all have different needs therefore its ok to like different phones. I didn't say this was one answer for those seeking input or help in deciding on a phone, nor did I say we don't need the forums anymore, nor did I even say the quote (its from Talk Mobile) . . . I actually just wanted to say I like this answer as opposed to all the useless "your phone sucks" type of stuff that it seems more and more threads end up degenerating into.
    that happens alot here,,, some people never get past the title & will generally spout off whatever thier particular opinion is, usually in negative form...
    revtech likes this.
    10-07-13 04:57 PM