01-02-13 03:49 PM
    gadgetmasters having way too much fun during the ''test'' just being pure smug.
    01-02-13 04:22 PM
    BB10 is a crazy powerful platform. I can't get over just how advanced BB10 will be. BB10 is gonna be the best software in the world. Lightning fast to boot
    01-02-13 04:32 PM
    BB10 is a crazy powerful platform. I can't get over just how advanced BB10 will be. BB10 is gonna be the best software in the world. Lightning fast to boot
    Careful! That's troll bait type of language you're using
    01-02-13 04:35 PM
    Always fun to watch BB10 do the html5 ring test, it wins hands down, and its only going to get better.

as far as the comparison of the default search engine selection, kind of silly to compare that sort of feature and steps to turn it on and off.. its probably going to be a set it and forget it function for 99% of people, but its always nice to see BB10 engineers and UI designers putting in that extra effort and thought to make our lives more convenient.

WP8 not even listing google as a search enginer provider is just shameful on their part, or pure ignorance... I dont think most people know what bing is, or that it could even be considered the general publics default search provider... reminds me of the days of IE being the only allowed default browser on windows and you could never uninstall it... thank you BlackBerry for understanding that the general public wants choices.
    01-02-13 09:17 PM
    Yea but we already no Microsoft and Google hate each other so its not really a surprise and also Google deciding not to create any of their apps for Windows 8 and even BB10 will have some Google apps for the enterprise.
    01-03-13 12:42 AM
    Yea but we already no Microsoft and Google hate each other so its not really a surprise and also Google deciding not to create any of their apps for Windows 8 and even BB10 will have some Google apps for the enterprise.
    Microsoft already have been crying on the shoulder of EU Commission and FTC Microsoft slams Google, claims it is intentionally harming Windows Phone - SlashGear about this
    01-03-13 02:23 AM
    My Torch running OS6 performs better on that test than the WP8 ..I just ran the test and passed ring 0 .. and failed the other rings ...WP8 didnt even pass ring 0
    01-03-13 07:00 AM
    Interesting, my Dev B doesnt pass ring 1 (fails 3 tests).

CSS3 fonts
    X - Custom font supported
    X - Custom font distinguished from non-custom

Web Workers
    X - Browser failed to complete performance test in allotted time
    01-03-13 07:33 AM
    I actually checked what exactly failed for the Windows Phone 8 device.
    If you click on the result items, and scroll down, you can see only one test which made the whole Ring 0 test to fail.

ALL tests from ring0 passed, except one: showing a prompt dialog from javascript, using window.prompt() function
    The tests for the other 2 types of dialogs passed, these are implemented.
    From the official HTML5 specs: 6.4.1 Simple dialogs

It's a very minor feature from HTML5, it's such a pity and somehow funny that it practically failed the rng.io test just because of one small feature

I would like to be able to run the test for ring1 and ring2 and see how Windows Phone 8 performs on those too.
    While it's not possible on rng.io site, rng.io is open source and someone could install it on his IIS on his Windows machine for example.
    01-24-13 06:05 AM
    Microsoft already have been crying on the shoulder of EU Commission and FTC Microsoft slams Google, claims it is intentionally harming Windows Phone - SlashGear about this

If microsoft don't allow skype for BB10 then that makes them huge hypocrites. Let's see what type of company they are and why or why not the world should boycott them and are boycotting them. The ball is in your court microsoft. The only question remains are you HYPOCRITES that the world should HATE ?
    01-24-13 06:54 AM
    On the Windows Phone run
    ringmark
    to see ALL tests

it's still failing more tests than BB10 but it shows it's supporting HTML5 pretty well, similar to iPhone 4 and iPhone 5.
    01-24-13 11:35 AM
    Synthetic benchmarks are as useless/telling as.... Well... As synthetic benchmarks

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    01-24-13 12:24 PM