I'm not missing the point. You are saying that "the converison rate is messed up." I'm saying deal with it. Things always cost more in the UK. Either email BlackBerry or deal with it. They may be fixing it in a patch.
    so you finally admit it is messed up. so basically you were providing nothing helpful or insightful to the thread other then to say deal with it.
    i'll take that on board, but it ultimately solves nothing.
    if you have any other practical solutions or ideas other then emailing which has already been done, then please do contribute again.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-15-13 08:06 AM
    Maybe there are other costs involved with doing business in the UK that make the actual difference close enough to not warrant a complex currency converter in crAppWorld. And let's not forget that actual conversion rates vary daily.

The bottom line is, it costs what it costs. Whether it's different for you than it is for me is nothing you or I can control. If it is worth the price to you, then you buy it, regardless of what that price is somewhere else. If it isn't, then you don't.
    That's what I was saying in the begning, but watch out, you will be accused of trolling next.
    02-15-13 08:06 AM
    so you finally admit it is messed up. so basically you were providing nothing helpful or insightful to the thread other then to say deal with it.
    i'll take that on board, but it ultimately solves nothing.
    if you have any other practical solutions or ideas other then emailing which has already been done, then please do contribute again.

Well, if there is nothing that you can do about it, then stop crying about it. Suck it up and pay the price. Also, your z10 cost more then what I will pay for it.
    02-15-13 08:08 AM
    Maybe there are other costs involved with doing business in the UK that make the actual difference close enough to not warrant a complex currency converter in crAppWorld. And let's not forget that actual conversion rates vary daily.

The bottom line is, it costs what it costs. Whether it's different for you than it is for me is nothing you or I can control. If it is worth the price to you, then you buy it, regardless of what that price is somewhere else. If it isn't, then you don't.
    thank you for at least trying to provide a reason for your view unlike others here.
    the fact is, there isnt any complex laws or conversion rates to blame here.
    this is shown by the new bb world not having this problem and also other os app stores converting correctly.
    the problem was on blackberry's end, but it will die out with bb7.

02-15-13 08:10 AM
    Well, if there is nothing that you can do about it, then stop crying about it. Suck it up and pay the price. Also, your z10 cost more then what I will pay for it.
    i can complain. which i'm doing now. dont like it, then suck it up and dont read the thread.
    i will send you your medal in the post about your cheaper z10
    out of curiosity, did you buy your z10 off contract?

02-15-13 08:12 AM
    i can complain. which i'm doing now. dont like it, then suck it up and dont read the thread.
    i will send you your medal in the post about your cheaper z10
    out of curiosity, did you buy your z10 off contract?

It's not out here in the US, so not yet, but when I do, it will be. Also if this was a problem with BB7, why wait this long to complain about it?
    02-15-13 08:14 AM
    It's not out here in the US, so not yet, but when I do, it will be. Also if this was a problem with BB7, why wait this long to complain about it?
    i complained when i first noticed.
    but i wasnt a member here then.
    also this isnt my thread.
    so if your in the us, do you have pricing already?

02-15-13 08:17 AM
    i complained when i first noticed.
    but i wasnt a member here then.
    also this isnt my thread.
    so if your in the us, do you have pricing already?

Not yet for off contract. It will most likley stay in line with Canada.
    02-15-13 08:18 AM
    Not yet for off contract. It will most likley stay in line with Canada.
    how much is that then in $?

02-15-13 08:19 AM
    how much is that then in $?

Off contract 600-650. plus tax
    02-15-13 08:24 AM
    Off contract 600-650. plus tax
    including tax, it costs around 750$ here in the uk.
    dunno how much cheaper you guys will get it?
    either way hope you guys get it sooner rather then later.

02-15-13 08:30 AM
    they finally changed the prices on my 9900 for apps (uk user here too) after two years of use to match proper exchange rates that other companies also use for their apps, i dont think its unreasonable to complain that we have to pay more for the same app, tbh its shocking the attitude from some members in this thread.
    the cost of the phone between countries is completely different to the cost of an app which doesnt need to be imported and resold through different uk carriers with their own mark ups, its the principle of having to pay more for exactly the same thing everyone else is getting thats the problem not the actual cost itself. i hope this has been sorted out for all of europe too as i heard they have the same $ to euro app market problem weve been having
    02-15-13 06:04 PM
87 ... 234