If you think that the app costs to much, well.....
    Another way UK users get screwed by BlackBerry-wsv.jpg
    02-15-13 06:26 AM
    I don't get this. Don't buy apps. If people don't buy = pricing policy may change.

For instance apple policy for European iphone pricing has always been changing USD to EUR, not converting it.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-15-13 06:31 AM
    and people are still missing the point.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-15-13 07:00 AM
    and people are still missing the point.

The point is "WHAAA Apps cost a bit more in the UK then in the US!!! Feel pity for me!!!""
    02-15-13 07:04 AM
    The point it is market/ business. You set the price, who wants -buys it. Who does not - won't. That's all you can do.

02-15-13 07:05 AM
    the point is the exchange doesnt work. which results in the app costing more.
    get of your high horse for a second or two.
    if blackberry cant get their exchange rate to work as intended it doesnt give off a good business image now does it.

02-15-13 07:10 AM
    The point it is market/ business. You set the price, who wants -buys it. Who does not - won't. That's all you can do.

the issue is the price isnt set!
    if it was that would be great!

02-15-13 07:12 AM
    I don't think BlackBerry (Not RIM anymore) sets the prices for the apps. I believe that is the developer of the app who sets the price.
    Exactly, though they get blamed plenty for it.

They do set the price tiers the developer can set. Ie. there's .99 and not 1.29 as a tier. But the developer picks the pricing. If people don't agree with the pricing, they can always click the support email for the app and complain to the developer.
    02-15-13 07:16 AM
    How can we help you? Raise 5 bucks when you wanna get a new game?

02-15-13 07:16 AM
    again the issue is not over the price that is set, but the way the set price fluctuates thanks to the app worlds shoddy converter.
    this has nothing to do with the dev and everything to do with rim/blackberry.

02-15-13 07:19 AM
    the point is the exchange doesnt work. which results in the app costing more.
    get of your high horse for a second or two.
    if blackberry cant get their exchange rate to work as intended it doesnt give off a good business image now does it.

If an extra couple of bucks is outside of your budget for a game, you may not need that new "killer" app.
    02-15-13 07:21 AM
    How can we help you? Raise 5 bucks when you wanna get a new game?

fix the app worlds currency converter. that will do.
    you buy a game for $1 and i would also like to buy that game for $1 not $1.55

02-15-13 07:21 AM
    If an extra couple of bucks is outside of your budget for a game, you may not need that new "killer" app.
    you really dont get it do you...
    i want to pay the price the dev sets...currently i am not.
    see the point, not the bloody numbers...

02-15-13 07:23 AM
    fix the app worlds currency converter. that will do.
    you buy a game for $1 and i would also like to buy that game for $1 not $1.55

How do you know that your VAT is messing up the price? As I recall, that gets tacked on at the end like our sales tax. And if you're seriously ******** over .55$, you need to get your priorties straight.
    02-15-13 07:23 AM
    Post your acc. We will fuel it up.

02-15-13 07:26 AM
    How do you know that your VAT is messing up the price? As I recall, that gets tacked on at the end like our sales tax. And if you're seriously ******** over .55$, you need to get your priorties straight.
    are you for real? i used the .55cents as a frikking example. i'm ******** over the principle not the actual amounts. but lets put it another way.
    your friend in the next road from yours buys an app for $500. but you have to pay $775. do you think that is reasonable.

its not vat, which is a good point, because when the vat rate changed, the app prices didnt.

02-15-13 07:28 AM
    Post your acc. We will fuel it up.

i see you are using a z10. did you have a old device.
    this problem doesnt exist on the z10 it has been said, so the issue will soon die out.

02-15-13 07:30 AM
    are you for real? i used the .55cents as a frikking example. i'm ******** over the principle not the actual amounts. but lets put it another way.
    your friend in the next road from yours buys an app for $500. but you have to pay $775. do you think that is reasonable.

its not vat, which is a good point, because when the vat rate changed, the app prices didnt.

Well if the price went up from my neighbor, and I couldn't afford it, I wouldn't go out crying about it, I just wouldn't buy it. And it isn't down the road, or a differant zip code, its a differant country. Things cost more or less in other countries. If this needs to be explained to you, well I just feel sorry for you.
    02-15-13 07:31 AM
    Well if the price went up from my neighbor, and I couldn't afford it, I wouldn't go out crying about it, I just wouldn't buy it. And it isn't down the road, or a differant zip code, its a differant country. Things cost more or less in other countries. If this needs to be explained to you, well I just feel sorry for you.
    the price didnt go up, its set that way for you and another for your neighbour.
    i know how countries work, so dont feel sorry for me. save it for yourself as you cant understand what broken means. see the app world has no trouble raising a local price so it matches $1. what do you say about that?

02-15-13 07:39 AM
    the price didnt go up, its set that way for you and another for your neighbour.
    i know how countries work, so dont feel sorry for me. save it for yourself as you cant understand what broken means. see the app world has no trouble raising a local price so it matches $1. what do you say about that?

What are you going to whine about next? That gas costs more per US gallon in the UK then in the US? It's the same thing.
    02-15-13 07:42 AM
    What are you going to whine about next? That gas costs more per US gallon in the UK then in the US? It's the same thing.
    i think i will whine about you continuing to derail the thread with things that have nothing to do with it.
    then i will ask why you havent acknowledged that if app world can raise local prices to match the set price, why isnt it lowering local prices to match the set price.

02-15-13 07:47 AM
    i think i will whine about you continuing to derail the thread with things that have nothing to do with it.
    then i will ask why you havent acknowledged that if app world can raise local prices to match the set price, why isnt it lowering local prices to match the set price.

Guess what? The phone itself costs more in the UK then it does in Canada. See a trend here. Things cost more in the UK. �514.98 inc VAT which is $799.30USD. How about that?
    http://www.unlocked-mobiles.com/sim-...04e41c3836ac23
    02-15-13 07:50 AM
    Guess what? The phone itself costs more in the UK then it does in Canada. See a trend here. Things cost more in the UK.
    again, nothing to do with the topic.
    are you trying to troll? i'm finding it hard to believe you are actually genuinely missing the point.
    if the app came on a disc that had to be produced and shipped to the uk then this wouldnt be an issue.

02-15-13 07:53 AM
    are you trying to troll? i'm finding it hard to believe you are actually genuinely missing the point.
    if the app came on a disc that had to be produced and shipped to the uk then this wouldnt be an issue.

I'm not missing the point. You are saying that "the converison rate is messed up." I'm saying deal with it. Things always cost more in the UK. Either email BlackBerry or deal with it. They may be fixing it in a patch.
    02-15-13 07:56 AM

Maybe there are other costs involved with doing business in the UK that make the actual difference close enough to not warrant a complex currency converter in crAppWorld. And let's not forget that actual conversion rates vary daily.

The bottom line is, it costs what it costs. Whether it's different for you than it is for me is nothing you or I can control. If it is worth the price to you, then you buy it, regardless of what that price is somewhere else. If it isn't, then you don't.
    02-15-13 08:03 AM
87 1234