Podcasts app comes with OS7 devices, I have it in my Vodafone 9900.
    08-21-11 03:15 PM
    Also Rim is not selling you apps, developers are and they can charge what they want. Complain to them.
    08-21-11 03:17 PM
    Podcasts app comes with OS7 devices, I have it in my Vodafone 9900.
    true, but vodafone UK have disabled the podcasts app (im guessing thru service books) due to their vf music app

Also Rim is not selling you apps, developers are and they can charge what they want. Complain to them.
    im sorry but your wrong, devs set a price, normally in $, they dont get to set individual pricing per currency per app. the conversion is done by appworld, not the dev (otherwise id be lookin a tad silly commenting on it as a dev eh lol).
    08-21-11 03:22 PM
    true, but vodafone UK have disabled the podcasts app (im guessing thru service books) due to their vf music app .
    Mine works just fine on vodafone uk.

Edit - You might need to download and install the OS from Vodafone and then click on Applications in DM, there you should be able to ad the Podcast app.

Even if you delete the Podcast app there will be a Podcast folder left on your BB so it might look like it's not working but in fact you only have the Podcasts folder(direct podcast downloads from websites will go there)
    Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 08-21-11 at 03:30 PM.
    08-21-11 03:27 PM
    Mine works just fine on vodafone uk.

Edit - You might need to download and install the OS from Vodafone and then click on Applications in DM, there you should be able to ad the Podcast app.

Even if you delete the Podcast app there will be a Podcast folder left on your BB so it might look like it's not working but in fact you only have the Podcasts folder(direct podcast downloads from websites will go there)
    as you can clearly see, i have tried to search using the podcast app, the dialog popup says it all.

08-21-11 03:43 PM
    as you can clearly see, i have tried to search using the podcast app, the dialog popup says it all.

Not there man, it comes with the OS7 for 9900 from Vodafone, not in Appword or anywhere else.
    08-21-11 03:51 PM
    As you can see, it's working fine.
    08-21-11 04:13 PM
    As I said, there was something amiss. I'll find out what it was and report back. It was an online purchase.

In any case, what's so great about the UK economy that its currency is so valuable (when exchange rates are applied) compared to other economies? I maintain that there's nothing better about the UK economy, and the currency value is somehow artificially kept high.
    Tonis,
    That's not how the global currency markets work.
    GBP being stronger against the USD does not mean that the UK economy is stronger then US economy.
    Currency valuation is a factor of many things which includes the state of the economy, it GDP, gold reserves, foreign reserves, inflation etc.
    As a matter of fact a cheap USD is better for the US economy as US products will be cheaper for the Brits. which means that American products will be cheaper for the Brits than British products, and hence more American products will sell. In this case the exchange rate reflects a stronger US economy.
    And this also explains why the British auto industry died while Ford sells very well in Britain.
    However none of this explains why App World is charging the Brits more than the rest of the world, which brings us back to the OP's query.
    08-21-11 04:59 PM
    Install BB Podcasts from Rroyy's site. It will work. I'm in Brasil. No Podcast love from here either and I use it every week.
    08-21-11 06:54 PM
    I've not heard back from RIM yet, i might post in their forums but i think they are user moderated with no RIM officials.

The crux of the matter is that an app in the US (say for example Dead Space) that is $9.99 should be about �7ish (including the higher UK tax rate) but its �9.99. Essentially we are paying 30% more for the same product, this doesn’t happen with Android apps, (not sure about Apple).

With regards to economies, they don’t really play a part (to that degree), if a TV is built in Japan for X amount and sold for retail at Y amount then that Y amount will be the same in the US and UK, the only difference will be differing tax rates and maybe some shipping. I think that even if the UK were better off than the USA it certainly wouldn’t be by 30%. An example of this is the PlayBook, once you adjust the currency rates it’s the same cost in both countries (Tax excluded), if it followed the same app pricing formula I’m complaining about the PB would be a lot more expensive in the UK.

If the situation was reversed Americans would be paying a lot more for app i.e. a �10 App would be $16.

Hope that clears it up will let you all know how I get along.
    08-22-11 06:20 AM
    Guys, App World 3.0 beta is a good place to talk about this, don't you think?
    08-25-11 09:45 AM
    I still havent heard from RIM, i've got a support number from O2 that is apparently for RIM UK (based in Slough) so will try that and i'll post in the App world beta forum as well.
    09-09-11 03:52 AM
    Well it's not fair but this is how things work.. what sells more they can sell cheaper and i think this should be fixed and set for a regular price worldwide.
    09-09-11 04:27 AM
    ok so ive not heard anything, i got a UK support number for RIM and called it, they had no record of emails, didnt really know about the support forums and didnt care about the issue so i can conclude that Research in Motion is a scam company...BUYER BEWARE.

god i hope someone buys RIM, guts it and takes the keyboard design!
    09-27-11 03:05 PM
    That can't be legal. UK and Eurozone BlackBerry users should bring suit, because you're getting screwed.

Or,....switch phones?
    02-15-13 12:33 AM
    Hate to burst your bubble. RIM is not screwing the UK for pricing. Blackberry does NOT set the prices for an app.
    "For paid applications, BlackBerry World will allow you to select a suggested retail price in US dollars for your application. The US dollar price is associated with a pricing tier. The pricing tier shows the application price for the currencies available, with the applicable exchange rate, in AUD, BRL, CAD, CHF, CLP, EUR, GBP, HKD, INR, JPY, KRW, MXN, MYR, NZD, PLN, SGD, THB, TRY, TWD, USD and ZAR. Pricing in GBP, EUR, CHF and PLN is inclusive of VAT.
    •Tiers increment by $1 USD from $0.99 to $19.99.
    •Tiers increment by $10 USD tiers from $19.99 to $99.99.
    •Tiers increment by $50 USD tiers from $99.99 to $599.99.
    •Tiers increment by $100 USD tiers from $599.99 to $999.99.

Please note pricing tiers are subject to change."

Frequently Asked Questions - BlackBerry Developer

If you don't like it, go to the developer and complain. It is not BlackBerry' fault.
    02-15-13 01:03 AM
    That can't be legal. UK and Eurozone BlackBerry users should bring suit, because you're getting screwed.

Or,....switch phones?
    It's illegal for charge different prices in different locations?
    Anyway, that all changes with BlackBerry 10. This thread should have been left where it was a year and a half ago - dead.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-15-13 01:11 AM
    It's illegal for charge different prices in different locations?
    Anyway, that all changes with BlackBerry 10. This thread should have been left where it was a year and a half ago - dead.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    It's not illegal. If someone makes a product they can sell it for whatever they want to sell it for. And they can sell it for differant prices in different countries.
    02-15-13 01:21 AM
    This is no longer the case with BB10, a $1.99 app is �1.50 now
    02-15-13 01:24 AM
    If I offer an app for $0.99 USD, someone from (for example) Venezuela will pay the equivalent of $0.75 USD, dropping my net share to $0.53 USD. I have no control over that.

A sale in Belgum nets me $0.59 and Canada $0.65 even with the tax being equivalent ($0.13 USD) Both pay different amounts (Belgum pays the equivalent of $0.75 USD, Canada $1.12 including tax) Why? I don't know.

All I get to pick is a Tier. The actual price varies by country. At Tier099, in Belgium and Germany, an app is shown to cost €0.89. Yet France shows as the app costing €0.99. (If you've noticed the odd discrepancy with the listed cost and what users are reported to actually pay, congratulations. I don't understand it either. It's very frustrating.)

No, it doesn't make any sense. The point, of course, is that I can't do anything about it. Don't bother complaining to the developers -- it's WAY outside their control.
    02-15-13 04:35 AM

No, it doesn't make any sense. The point, of course, is that I can't do anything about it. Don't bother complaining to the developers -- it's WAY outside their control.
    The developers set the price.
    "For paid applications, BlackBerry World will allow you to select a suggested retail price in US dollars for your application."
    You don't like the price, complain to them. Tell them to lower it.
    "Pricing in GBP, EUR, CHF and PLN is inclusive of VAT."
    Maybe your VAT tax is rising the price. Tax gets added to the price, so if its 0.99$ would be 0.74 Euro. add a VAT tax and it will raise the price
    Here is a little help.
    Value added tax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    02-15-13 04:55 AM
    The UK got screwed good & proper when we were the first to get the Z10, hate Blackberry!
    dcburke789 likes this.
    02-15-13 05:20 AM
    I read recently that they are chaning the pricing structure regarding the rest of the world. Whether or not the changes will resolve this, I don't know.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-575...news&tag=title
    02-15-13 05:50 AM
    I don't think BlackBerry (Not RIM anymore) sets the prices for the apps. I believe that is the developer of the app who sets the price.
    02-15-13 05:54 AM
    love how many people missed the point of this. the argument was never over the price which IS set by the developer, but about the faulty exchange converter which IS made by blackberry.
    glad this has been fixed on 10. though still an issue on 7

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-15-13 06:22 AM
87 1234