Blackberryrocks.com
    Apparently iphone is gaining popularity overseas, punching a hole in the myth that other devices than blackberry don't stand a chance in Europe.

With what was once thought to be secure ground under pressure now... Maybe RIM will take this situation seriously and understand that delays and broken promises have a huge price.
    08-25-12 06:45 AM
    Maybe RIM will take this situation seriously and understand that delays and broken promises have a huge price.
    Right, because I'm sure RIM chose to ignore all the other similar situations.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    08-25-12 06:59 PM
    Blackberryrocks.com
    Apparently iphone is gaining popularity overseas, punching a hole in the myth that other devices than blackberry don't stand a chance in Europe.

With what was once thought to be secure ground under pressure now... Maybe RIM will take this situation seriously and understand that delays and broken promises have a huge price.
    Well I wanna know who started that myth.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    08-25-12 07:18 PM
    I am home on hols in the UK at the moment and almost everyone has an iphone or an Android. Big change from even last year. Still see some Blackberries of course but nowhere near what it was before.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    08-26-12 03:04 AM
    Gaining popularity? No. From what I'm seeing it is ALREADY popular. Particularly here in London.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    08-26-12 03:08 AM
    Well I wanna know who started that myth.
    i would to i've never heard anyone say europe can't be swayed from BB, Android has been building popularity there, the galaxy S3 is one of the big dominating devices in europe
    08-26-12 03:15 AM
    I have been travelling around Europe for the past week and still see tons of BB's...there is still a huge following here....maybe less than before but it is still very present in Oxford.
    08-26-12 04:34 AM
    Although anecdotal evidence and personal experiences are interesting, the actual numbers are available right here on CB:

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...es-rim-735147/

The UK and Europe numbers are there
    anon1727506 likes this.
    08-26-12 06:48 AM
    Im from the UK and ive seen more androids and iphones than blackberries i have however converted my mates to get a blackberry from iphone and they love their blackberries... RIM need to figure out how to stabilise this situation or blackberries in the UK will be gone.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    08-26-12 10:29 AM
    Sadly, I agree with the above - iPhone does seem to be becoming increasingly ubiquitous here in the South East. Just my observation...
    08-26-12 10:39 AM
    RIM is on it my friend, it's called the "N" and "L" series and they come with the BB 10 OS on them and they will make you forget Android and Apple ever existed.

Why are we still debating what RIM is losing when we know the OS 7 line-up is long in the tooth now?

RIM is about to bring a new OS and new phones to the market, worldwide, you will see them all over the UK and Europe. We should be looking at how a new product line will affect worldwide markets especially after the recent court ruling against Samsung. This is more productive. Since everyone agrees with the fact that it was BB that invented the smartphone, how many patents could RIM apply against Apple, hmmmmn?
    08-26-12 10:39 AM
    BB did not invent the smartphone.

They made it popular.
    08-26-12 11:09 AM
    BB did not invent the smartphone.

They made it popular.
    Apple made the Smartphone popular

RIM made the Smartphone useful.
    rollj83 and FMB8900 like this.
    08-26-12 11:14 AM
    how many patents could RIM apply against Apple, hmmmmn?
    Are there ANY RIM patents that either Apple or Samsung are in violation of? If there were, I would think RIM's lawyers would have been on it by now, no?
    08-26-12 11:15 AM
    They should have bought Palm then BB could sue everyone for anything!
    08-26-12 11:18 AM
    ... punching a hole in the myth that other devices than blackberry don't stand a chance in Europe.
    I have no idea what myth you are refering to which stated that devices other than BB don't stand a chance in Europe.

The FACT is, BlackBerry smartphones are used in Europe. They don't have a monopoly. Of all the people I come in contact with, and that's a BIG number, the majority don't (and never did) have BlackBerry devices - although my company has just issued quite a lot to the sales force. Therefore the openning statement is... "erroneous"

Si.
    08-27-12 06:54 AM
    LOL.

I know everyone is looking at OP like he sprouted an extra head, but the recent sentiment on this very forum was that BB held sway in the UK.
    Last edited by trelawrence; 08-27-12 at 11:13 AM.
    08-27-12 07:15 AM
    LOL.

I know everyone is looking at OP like her sprouted an extra head, but the recent sentiment on this very forum was that BB held sway in the UK.
    Well technically up until the last official figures were released in January 2012, they were still the number one smartphone in the UK, so it's not untrue... BlackBerry is UK's top smartphone - yet again | CrackBerry.com

Si.
    08-27-12 09:05 AM
    RIM is going to be just fine. People buy good products and phones. BB10 will be amazing and people will buy once they see how it ROCKS!!! With the other OS's going on to be old and stale now. RIM is here with QNX.. The others cannot compare at all and QNX towers them.
    08-27-12 09:13 PM
    RIM is on it my friend, it's called the "N" and "L" series and they come with the BB 10 OS on them and they will make you forget Android and Apple ever existed.
    What are these "N" and "L" device you speak of??? Do you have a link where I could learn more about them and how they compare to Android and Apple devices.

Why are we still debating what RIM is losing when we know the OS 7 line-up is long in the tooth now?
    Because it is all they have right now, and it sound like for many developing markets OS7 may remain on the store shelves for a long time.

RIM is about to bring a new OS and new phones to the market, worldwide, you will see them all over the UK and Europe. We should be looking at how a new product line will affect worldwide markets especially after the recent court ruling against Samsung. This is more productive. Since everyone agrees with the fact that it was BB that invented the smartphone, how many patents could RIM apply against Apple, hmmmmn?
    IF RIM had some major patents that they could use against Apple... they wouldn't be sitting on them.

But this settlement does make RIM look much more valuable... at least as a patent holder.
    08-30-12 12:48 PM
    What are these "N" and "L" device you speak of??? Do you have a link where I could learn more about them and how they compare to Android and Apple devices.

Because it is all they have right now, and it sound like for many developing markets OS7 may remain on the store shelves for a long time.

IF RIM had some major patents that they could use against Apple... they wouldn't be sitting on them.

But this settlement does make RIM look much more valuable... at least as a patent holder.
    Nevada and London? Google em....
    08-30-12 12:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD