Since I don't see it in this section, but it's on the front page of crackberry:

The BlackBerry Curve series (except the 8900) have really been targeted towards business users and those looking for an entry level device. It looks as though RIM is about to change things up in the Curve series by releasing the next-gen, what is actually codenamed, BlackBerry Sedona. It currently does not have a model #, but it is internally known as R010.

The BlackBerry Curve Sedona is significantly thin in its form factor. It is almost half the size of the Bold 9700/80. The Sedona rocks an EM1 battery, which is new and very thin (guess it has to be). As previously reported, the BlackBerry Sedona has 512MB RAM and is running on OS 6.1, which has a very cool notification feature similar to Android. If you�re in an app or browsing through icons, etc a notification will flash at the top of the screen. The current 6.1 build is said to be very buggy, but we�re sure the bugs will get worked out. More images after the break.

The BlackBerry Curve Sedona is said to feel like a Bold 9780 that is thinner. The screen is similar in size, but just a tad bit shorter in length. The screen resolution also appears to be much higher than any current BlackBerry. Currently, the Sedona is on 3G bands 1, and it is GSM/CDMA. So far, the Sedona really seems to be a higher-end device for the Curve series. What do you think of it? Do you think the Sedona looks sexy?
    Exclusive: First Live Images of BlackBerry Curve Sedona � N4BB – News for BlackBerry – leaks, rumors, videos, faqs, reviews
    01-20-11 08:53 PM
    I hate how it looks..
    01-20-11 09:05 PM
    I hate how it looks..

well...it looks like 99% of the other blackberries.
    howarmat, CASH and big_time2 like this.
    01-20-11 09:15 PM

well...it looks like 99% of the other blackberries.
    Kinda. But idk. Looks like an stepback from the current models.

I guess that this is an older model
    01-20-11 09:16 PM
    lmao, yeah what do you expect, QNX is pretty far out still and the hardware isnt going to change much either. You will have to wait until sept or probably next year to really see some changes
    Last edited by howarmat; 01-20-11 at 10:06 PM.
    01-20-11 09:21 PM
    lmao, yeah what do you expect, QNX is pretty far out still and the hardware isnt going to change much either. You will have to wait until sept or probably next yar to really see some changes
    At least it supposedly has an 800Mhz processor, which in RIM terms is a step up lol.

Am mainly interested in seeing in how much faster performance would be compared to the current 624Mhz CPU found in the Curve 3G.
    01-20-11 09:51 PM
    I hate how it looks..
    looks great for a Curve esp with huge improvements internally what more are you expecting to change on a qwerty keyboard design. Also if I remember BB Style was hated by everyone on the boards when it first appeared but by the release time it was more polished and it turned out to be a best looking flip phone ever..
    01-20-11 09:51 PM
    looks great for a Curve esp with huge improvements internally what more are you expecting to change on a qwerty keyboard design. Also if I remember BB Style was hated by everyone on the boards when it first appeared but by the release time it was more polished and it turned out to be a best looking flip phone ever..
    Well, I think it's a matter of taste. May be the picture light or something idk. But to me looks.. Rare. The leaked curve model (I think is the Apollo one) Looks so much better than this (I know, it's just a 3d blablabla image).

I really hope that this photo is just a fake

PD: I actually didn't hate the style when it came out. Looked normal
    Last edited by regulardude; 01-20-11 at 10:05 PM.
    01-20-11 10:02 PM
    lmao, yeah what do you expect, QNX is pretty far out still and the hardware isnt going to change much either. You will have to wait until sept or probably next yar to really see some changes
    I'm getting myself a 9700 (just ordered one) to wait until something modest or decent (Kinda like the leaks) appears. If not the next year I'll be changing to apple I guess.
    01-20-11 10:04 PM

I really hope that this photo is just a fake

PD: I actually didn't hate the style when it came out. Looked
    And what I really think, that this real picture makes this phone more realistic of what to expect, unlike the 3D drawings for the other phones. This phone is more likely to happen, while the others remain less reliable rumors. Not to mention 3D drawings always look better than the real thing anyway. By the time it takes real physical shape, it looks a lot less desirable than the 3D drawing.
    01-20-11 10:08 PM
    *insert fart noise here*
    01-20-11 10:08 PM
    And what I really think, that this real picture makes this phone more realistic of what to expect, unlike the 3D drawings for the other phones. This phone is more likely to happen, while the others remain less reliable rumors. Not to mention 3D drawings always look better than the real thing anyway. By the time it takes real physical shape, it looks a lot less desirable than the 3D drawing.
    Agreed.

But if this one is true. I really hope something new with the high-end line and not something like this.
    01-20-11 10:18 PM
    This was posted on the curve section.
    01-21-11 12:06 AM
    I think this is the Apollo, but possibly changed the codename. For example, the Torch's codename initially was "Mr. T" until it got changed to "Talladega". However in retrospect, according to BBLeaks (now n4bb), the 3D drawing was not the Apollo, but the Apollo was the codename for the 9300.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-11 02:19 AM
    Well, I think it's good to finally get some sort of info (even if it's shaky at best.) The fact that it's another Curve shows that they are serious about pushing the Curve. Hopefully, RIM will make a serious announcement.

01-21-11 09:16 AM
    Given that the article mentions gsm/cdma and the bgr leak about apollo was about a gsm device, isn't it most likely that we simply have the usual 9300/9330 situation, albeit with the cdma curve finally becoming a worldphone this time round.
    Last edited by Skeevecr; 01-21-11 at 09:48 AM.
    01-21-11 09:38 AM
    If it comes to sprint I would get it.

01-21-11 09:39 AM
    I hate how it looks..
    The looks are fine. The specs are embarassing.

It's a below-modest 9330 refresh AFAICT. Basically giving GSM users most of what CDMA Curve 3G users have, with a few non-factor upgrades to the hardware.
    Last edited by N8ter; 01-21-11 at 10:19 AM.
    01-21-11 10:16 AM
    If it comes to sprint I would get it.

It'll come to Sprint. It's a Curve. That's all they care about is the Curve and Bold lines.

01-22-11 02:45 PM
    The phone looks great for a curve. Maybe it'll come out in other colors?
    01-22-11 04:51 PM
    wow! a new Curve!
    01-22-11 05:01 PM
    Looks amazing! And this seems to be an actual image of the phone... Not a computer image!

Seems like these new devices are being put in the spotlight a bit more... And I'm gaining confidence that they will be released before September!

01-22-11 06:19 PM
    Doesn't look too bad. Looks like a bold too me with less visual features.

Would be a nice addition to my Giant Sedona bike and my family's KIA Sedona collection of sedonas.. LOL
    01-22-11 06:56 PM
    I saw this one on the crackberry blog

01-23-11 03:02 AM
    Nearly all blackberry looks the same, do you agree?
    Newer Curves just look like the bolds, they are not very different by design
    They are cousins...
    CASH likes this.
    01-23-11 05:41 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD