May be best as a "Just one more thing" for the presentation....
    01-28-13 07:42 PM
    I'm guessing that thing is very small. It looks like it is on a stone countertop, so those splotches that look big relative to the item are probably quite small in reality.

To me, the thing looks like something around the size of a business card holder (I doubt that's what it is though).
    yup thats exactly what i said
    01-28-13 08:40 PM
    yup thats exactly what i said
    We're in agreement then. I wonder if a Bluetooth media gateway for video could be that small? Connects to a TV via HDMI?

Does Bluetooth even have the required bandwidth to stream HD video?
    01-28-13 08:59 PM
    Thor: we are laser focused...
    01-28-13 10:25 PM
    I hope not! Everyone is moving away from the giant tablets and RIM will go towards it? Huh?

The PlayBook's current size is great. At max, they can add an inch before it becomes too big for a tablet.
    01-28-13 10:50 PM
    We're in agreement then. I wonder if a Bluetooth media gateway for video could be that small? Connects to a TV via HDMI?

I was thinking that... but the new phones will have hdmi out, and so does the pb. so to make ANOTHER devices that would stream media from yout hdmi out phone to another hdmi out device would be a bit weird. id rather save the money and just hook my phone up.

apple tv only works bc there is no hdmi out.
    01-28-13 10:55 PM
    I think they will stick to the leaked road map and we will see Black Forrest in Q3.

Tablet sales are expected to Boom in 2013 and with BlackBerry World offering any type of media you can think of ,I think a new tablet is a must. I just don't know what the best thing to do is.

Black Forrest is 128 gig device (per road map) how much would a ten inch 128 gig BlackBerry10 tablet cost? PREMIUM$$$ I think lowest price possible- 1000$ Likely higher.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    01-28-13 11:04 PM
    Did anyone see what Vivek tweeted yesterday? It was a photo of a BlackBerry zip case, but the proportions look somewhat larger than the PlayBook's (there is nothing to compare it to, so actual size is unknown). Likely just the Z10 demo kit or something.... #longshot

His tweet:
    This is an espresso machine. No, no wait. It's a snow cone maker. Is it a water heater?
    01-28-13 11:09 PM
    BB10 = DLNA
    BBTV = DLNA compliant

any questions ;-)

01-28-13 11:11 PM
    BB10 = DLNA
    BBTV = DLNA compliant

any questions ;-)
    Yes. Many people (most people?) already have a DLNA compliant device in their entertainment unit, be it a TV, Bluray, game console, etc. Why do we need another?
    01-29-13 06:13 AM
    This should answer some questions about Vivek's little blackberry bag.[ANOTHER RUMOR] Will RIM announce a 9.7″ BlackBerry 10 Tablet on Wednesday?-capture.jpg[ANOTHER RUMOR] Will RIM announce a 9.7″ BlackBerry 10 Tablet on Wednesday?-capture2.jpg
    01-29-13 07:03 AM
    This should answer some questions about Vivek's little blackberry bag.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	132922Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	132923
    Interesting. The splotches, and thus the device, are bigger than I thought. Thanks for sharing.
    01-29-13 07:43 AM
    I doubt that RIM will announce a new PlayBook, but I wouldn't be surprised if they release the BB10 update for the current PB.
    01-29-13 08:02 AM
    I would not say that there is "a device" in there, as he refers to it as his "demo kit", but it does look a bit playbook sized. Just imagine Vivek ripping out a playbook tomorrow showing off blackberry 10 on it rather then on the smaller Z10
    01-29-13 08:51 AM
    I doubt that RIM will announce a new PlayBook, but I wouldn't be surprised if they release the BB10 update for the current PB.
    I would be very surprised to see a bb10 update for pb tomorrow, there simply aren't enough playbook owners out there that word of mouth from that would generate many sales at all, it takes away developers from the phones which rim has to sell to thrive as a company and the lesser spec in certain area rez, cpu and memory could result in a poorer experience that would negatively impact reviews of the new devices.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    01-29-13 12:33 PM
    No PLAYBOOK update tomorrow. That's for sure. Dev beta soon though possibly maybe hopefully.

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    01-29-13 12:44 PM
    Yes. Many people (most people?) already have a DLNA compliant device in their entertainment unit, be it a TV, Bluray, game console, etc. Why do we need another?
    I think the point they are making is that you could potentially stream video from your BB to any DLNA device ( like Apple airplay ).
    01-29-13 01:00 PM
    I think it will be a Lenovo tablet powered by BB10
    01-29-13 01:03 PM
68 123