There will be a new tablet announced on Wednesday, I don't know if it will be current size, or something larger. My money is on 7". That's all I'm saying.
    01-27-13 04:00 PM
    There will be a new tablet announced on Wednesday, I don't know if it will be current size, or something larger. My money is on 7". That's all I'm saying.
    I suspect you would lose your money due to them not launching any tablet let alone a 7" model, bb10 needs to establish itself on the phones before it would make sense for them to come out with a tablet because right now the margins are just too low for anyone who isn't apple or is happy to flog them near cost like google or amazon.
    01-27-13 05:57 PM
    I suspect you would lose your money due to them not launching any tablet let alone a 7" model, bb10 needs to establish itself on the phones before it would make sense for them to come out with a tablet because right now the margins are just too low for anyone who isn't apple or is happy to flog them near cost like google or amazon.
    I agree BB10 needs to be established a bit before a new tablet comes out, but that doesn't mean they can't announce a new tablet, for release planned later in the year. After all, if BB10 falls flat (as if!) then nobody will be attacking them for the tablet that they later don't release, so it's hardly a risky move.

If we're in the business of predicting, I'll venture that we'll hear of a 7" and a larger model on Wednesday, though definitely not with imminent shipment.
    jesse_h likes this.
    01-27-13 06:08 PM
    It wouldn't make any sense. First, phones, later we'll see.
    01-27-13 06:08 PM
    It'll be very cool if they do!
    01-27-13 07:33 PM
    I didn't say anything about launching a new tablet, i said they would announce a new tablet on January 30th.
    01-27-13 07:39 PM
    Unless RIM has somehow found away to stop all hardware leaks, I think we've pretty much seen what we're gonna see in 4 days already.

I think the big surprises are going to be software based.
    No one knew about the first PlayBook. It was all internal with no carriers needed, no leaks.
    01-27-13 07:43 PM
    I think that if they were smart they would wait and see how BB10 does on the current PB. If people are liking it they can release a new model, if not they have to get back to the drawing board and think of what the new tablet should be like.
    I can tell you right now the new Tablet should not be like the old one. You only want to copy a successful product.
    01-27-13 07:49 PM
    I argree that the 30th is not a phone announcement but a platform launch. They may have a tablet to talk about tiwht the launch or the may not. I would like them to launch another one, a different sized one. I personally would love a big one for at home and my 7" for while I'm out.
    Chaddface likes this.
    01-27-13 07:50 PM
    I personally think RIM is going to focus on the phones on January 30 and not announce the new tablet yet. but with that being said I believe the day the original playbook was announced it was unexpected so it could happen again with no leaks.
    Then released like six months later... So I don't expect that there are going to be any major hardware surprises on Wednesday.
    01-27-13 08:06 PM
    I was under the impression RIM are going to release 6 BB10 devices in 2013? My hope is for a BB10 version of my beloved 9800. A big screen with a slide out keyboard.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    01-27-13 08:26 PM
    I would love to see new updated 7" Playbook. Love the form factor. 10" Playbook is not my thing.
    01-27-13 08:34 PM
    Well I have a BB 9900 and a PB and a Ipad and I don't have much need to have either "work seamlessly" with my phone. Given that for all practical purposes BB has no Tablet , I think it is a little late to say that BB10 can't compete without a Tablet. I think what happens when you have a POPULAR tablet is that more devices = more apps = more devices. The first priority is to have the "wanted apps" on the Z10 and then to sell more phones which in turn will make developers want to supply more apps.

I am not sure I would tie Tablets and phones together to the extent that you have done. Lots and lots of android phone owners use iPads. If BB makes a fantastic Tablet then it will sell on its merits just as the phone will. So far the Surface- Wp8 combo has not exactly hit sales records. Ultimately I will want the best phone and the best tablet regardless of who makes them.
    01-27-13 08:56 PM
    This is one daydream i've not given up on. Based on my using habits and the apps available, a 10" PB combined with my BB would result in my entire computing set up. Other than an occasional CD burn I would see zero reason to ever turn on my PC again
    01-28-13 10:24 AM
    Did anyone see what Vivek tweeted yesterday? It was a photo of a BlackBerry zip case, but the proportions look somewhat larger than the PlayBook's (there is nothing to compare it to, so actual size is unknown). Likely just the Z10 demo kit or something.... #longshot

His tweet:
    Attached Thumbnails [ANOTHER RUMOR] Will RIM announce a 9.7″ BlackBerry 10 Tablet on Wednesday?-capture.jpg  
    01-28-13 11:58 AM
    I think BlackBerry should just do phones right now, get it right. Do the launch, update your software, make sure services are smooth and once that's done, move on from there. Then.... lets look at tablets again.
    01-28-13 06:35 PM
    What's in his dam pouch? LOL any one...
    01-28-13 06:41 PM
    BB10 Playbook update would be good, also would help to demonstrate the idea of mobile computing and
    it would be an incentive for Playbook owners to get BB10...and it would be an incentive for BB10 owners to get a Playbook...
    with the delay i don't think that would be an unreasonable idea...
    01-28-13 06:50 PM
    Wednesday is huge. It's a big, long event, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if we saw as-yet-unseen products teased. I don't think we'll see any firm intros outside of the Z10 & X10, but it wouldn't surprise me at all to see a big Playbook at least demo'd.
    01-28-13 06:52 PM
    Did anyone see what Vivek tweeted yesterday? It was a photo of a BlackBerry zip case, but the proportions look somewhat larger than the PlayBook's (there is nothing to compare it to, so actual size is unknown). Likely just the Z10 demo kit or something.... #longshot

His tweet:
    that could be a close up of a pager for all we know... it is most likely a revamped 7' pb if anything new. It cant be a 10 inch because the pattern of the table looks like it is small specks (meaning that the image is actually zoomed in a bit)
    01-28-13 06:57 PM

His tweet:
    The square shape made me think of this:
    [ANOTHER RUMOR] Will RIM announce a 9.7″ BlackBerry 10 Tablet on Wednesday?-playbook.jpg
    howarmat likes this.
    01-28-13 07:09 PM
    The square shape made me think of this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	playbook.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	114.2 KB 
ID:	132870
    yeah that was my first thought, i dont like the 4:3 ration though so i hope that is not what RIM is going with next
    01-28-13 07:11 PM
    yeah that was my first thought, i dont like the 4:3 ration though so i hope that is not what RIM is going with next
    While the 4:3 ratio is flawed, the widescreen ratio on a large tablet harms their usability in portrait mode, so it would be nice if they went with a 3:2 ratio which would be a better compromise between portrait use and video playing.
    01-28-13 07:15 PM

His tweet:
    I'm guessing that thing is very small. It looks like it is on a stone countertop, so those splotches that look big relative to the item are probably quite small in reality.

To me, the thing looks like something around the size of a business card holder (I doubt that's what it is though).
    01-28-13 07:26 PM
    Focus on the phones now, and a BlackBerryTV device if they made one (since it would/could be a complimentary device). Hold off a tablet for Blackberry Live in May. The tablet should be using much of the Z internals anyway so lets let the supply chain focus on RIM's most critical business first, the phones. That gives you a good 3 and a half months to get a BB10 user base established and show the dev world that BB10 is a viable platform.
    01-28-13 07:38 PM
68 123