just share some info guys...

another salt?

http://rapidberry.net/will-rim-annou...+(Rapid+Berry)
    01-26-13 11:45 PM
    i am sure there will be a bigger "playbook" down the line but i highly doubt we will see it this soon.
    01-26-13 11:50 PM
    Unless RIM has somehow found away to stop all hardware leaks, I think we've pretty much seen what we're gonna see in 4 days already.

I think the big surprises are going to be software based.
    robitaille93 likes this.
    01-26-13 11:53 PM
    Unless RIM has somehow found away to stop all hardware leaks, I think we've pretty much seen what we're gonna see in 4 days already.
    I have the same thought... this doesn't seem to be RIM's normal habbit...
    01-27-13 12:01 AM

I think the big surprises are going to be software based.
    I personally think RIM is going to focus on the phones on January 30 and not announce the new tablet yet. but with that being said I believe the day the original playbook was announced it was unexpected so it could happen again with no leaks.
    01-27-13 12:07 AM
    I don't know, Rim has a lot going on , not saying it won't happen before end of year, but now is way to soon.
    01-27-13 12:12 AM
    Well, we know the 10' Black Forest was in the pipelines for a while. It could be announced for a summer release?
    01-27-13 12:12 AM
    Every time I listen to Thorsten mentions tablets, he says they have low profit margin and need to be tied to services. Unless RIM comes up with a way of making money off tablets, I highly doubt we'll see a 10" tablet.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    01-27-13 01:15 AM
    Given how much it cost them to produce the Playbook, I doubt we will see another tablet any time soon.
    They took enough of a bloodbath on that one device and how low on cash they are, I don't think they are eager to repeat that event.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    01-27-13 01:28 AM
    I think that if they were smart they would wait and see how BB10 does on the current PB. If people are liking it they can release a new model, if not they have to get back to the drawing board and think of what the new tablet should be like.
    mount.zed likes this.
    01-27-13 01:32 AM
    All leaks are controlled leak...otherwise rim can ask youtube and other media remove the,. Leaks are what RIM wants to show us, to get us excited. Gorrila marketing. I m sure RIM still keeping some secrets and those secrets are not leacked. Based on RIM's atitude they seem to be very confident
    01-27-13 01:35 AM
    Feb - Z10
    March - X10,BB10 on PlayBook
    May - 10" PlayBook with LTE, Curve Series
    August - October - Aristo, High end X series, 7" PlayBook 2
    toneytone likes this.
    01-27-13 02:36 AM
    i am sure there will be a bigger "playbook" down the line but i highly doubt we will see it this soon.
    You dont think 2 years after the first one came out is early enough to announce a new one?
    01-27-13 03:37 AM
    Tablets can sneak past leaks because they dont need the same testing unless they have data plans. If its a wifi tablet it can stay completely internal.
    mrfreeze likes this.
    01-27-13 03:38 AM
    You dont think 2 years after the first one came out is early enough to announce a new one?
    Time is not the problem, it's the fact that the Playbook was a financial bomb - RIM will need to be really really convinced that they can make money off a new one before we ever see it. The way to do that is to have a really really successful BB10 launch that rebuilds the brand.
    Last edited by cgk; 01-27-13 at 03:50 AM.
    anon(1152406) and ontherock3 like this.
    01-27-13 03:39 AM
    I think he means too close to the BB10 release. I doubt RIM would want anything distracting from their BB10 PHONE launch. If they mention Tablets people will be reminded of how badly the PlayBook turned out, & will start doubting the new Phones.

......on a side note, I LOVE my PB. I just used it tonight to do some courses for work. I could do them on my computer, but I prefer a combination of PB & PC My PB has been invaluable to me over the past 2 years...especially since PB OS2 was released.
    howarmat likes this.
    01-27-13 04:47 AM
    I really think they need to get the Z10 and the X10 out the door in a near flawless launch. THEN give the PB a separate launch, once adoption of BB10 is secured and consumers have a change to give it good buzz and BB sales increase. Then you would have an "as seen on our new phones" kind of effect.

For me, I would not this launch marred by memories from the disastrous reception consumers gave the PB.
    DJM626, dscsayers, vgwillm and 5 others like this.
    01-27-13 04:56 AM
    I really think they need to get the Z10 and the X10 out the door in a near flawless launch. THEN give the PB a separate launch, once adoption of BB10 is secured and consumers have a change to give it good buzz and BB sales increase. Then you would have an "as seen on our new phones" kind of effect.

For me, I would not this launch marred by memories from the disastrous reception consumers gave the PB.
    As much as I'd love to see a new 7" playbook with upgraded hardware, you make an excellent point. I for one will be perfectly happy if this launch focuses specifically on BB10 and the devices running it
    BB12MX likes this.
    01-27-13 11:47 AM
    They might announce and say its' coming in may. Who knows
    01-27-13 11:51 AM
    Remember that the vast majority of the population has no idea the PlayBook even exists. Every time I use mine on a plane, in a meeting, at the airport, I get people asking me what it is. When I tell them, the answer is always "BlackBerry makes a tablet?" - including from BB users.

In order for the new phones to compete, they have to be presented as part of an ecosystem. That includes a tablet. Buy an iPhone and it seamlessly works with your iPad. Buy a WP8 and it seamlessly works with your Surface. Buy an Android phone and ... You get the point. Buy a BB10 phone and ??? That's it? Just the phone? How do I use my tablet (that I haven't bought yet) with it?

People like buying things that match. BB10 has to be able to compete, and excel, at the ecosystem level. A competent pair of phone/tablet is, unfortunately, the minimum requirement to enter the contest these days.
    01-27-13 12:07 PM
    I think he means too close to the BB10 release. I doubt RIM would want anything distracting from their BB10 PHONE launch. If they mention Tablets people will be reminded of how badly the PlayBook turned out, & will start doubting the new Phones.

......on a side note, I LOVE my PB. I just used it tonight to do some courses for work. I could do them on my computer, but I prefer a combination of PB & PC My PB has been invaluable to me over the past 2 years...especially since PB OS2 was released.
    Too close to the BB10 release? BB10 is a new platform, not a phone. RIM needs to show their new platform off in all capacities.
    01-27-13 01:16 PM
    Ever hear the phrase "World's best mobile computing platform"? Pretty hard to do any computing on a phone. I'm expecting a big tablet on Wed.
    TomJasper and Shanerredflag like this.
    01-27-13 01:22 PM
    Black Forrest was scheduled for a Q3 launch per the leaked road map. The road map also suggest it will be a 128 gig. What would something like that sell for?
    01-27-13 01:27 PM
    I agree! I think it's still too early for this. But can't wait for the next release. New specs and still hoping for an 8MP rear camera. lols
    01-27-13 03:29 PM
    people will soon learn. the device follows the SDK, for the next year at least.
    anon(4018671) and howarmat like this.
    01-27-13 03:35 PM
68 123