I'm typically not a fan of BGR reporting but found this report about Androids increase in malware interesting.

Android malware Q2 2012 study -- New Android malware tripled in Q2
    08-17-12 03:44 PM
    OMG!!!

I better go buy Kapersky's anti malware suite of products! I have never had a problem, nor have I seen any unbiased reports of a serious problem, but I'm sure that Kapersky has only my best interest at heart.
    08-17-12 03:53 PM
    You just think your so funny don't you?? ^^^
    08-17-12 04:23 PM
    You just think your so funny don't you?? ^^^
    CB members are quick to point out a biased article when it pertains to RIM, but conveniently overlook similar bias when it comes to android or iPhone. I do think that that is funny.
    08-17-12 04:30 PM
    Kaspersky's findings have been refuted several times in the last couple of days: Has Android Malware Tripled in Recent Months? Not So Fast.
    In a comparable report (PDF) also covering the second quarter, F-Secure reported finding only 40 new malicious Android application package files (APKs), amounting to a 64 percent increase over the previous quarter.

Nineteen of those 40 were new families, while 21 were variants of existing ones, F-Secure said.

The difference behind the disparity is that Kaspersky's data apparently represents what are called unique samples--which could easily be generated by replacing an 'A' with an 'a' in the code, The H notes--while F-Secure bases its own numbers on malware families or variants.

While the unique sample approach is easy to implement, it's also practically worthless, the publication asserts. F-Secure's approach, on the other hand, provides a much better measurement of the real threat compared to the inflated unique samples values, it concludes.
    _StephenBB81 and janeka like this.
    08-17-12 04:36 PM
    CB members are quick to point out a biased article when it pertains to RIM, but conveniently overlook similar bias when it comes to android or iPhone. I do think that that is funny.

Because when it happens to RIM, it is part of "The Conspiracy."

Do try to keep up... LOL

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    Tim1131 likes this.
    08-17-12 04:42 PM
    Can't confirm the numbers in the article.
    But hacking is a business. Common sense dictates that hacking Android and Apple devices makes the most business sence.
    janeka likes this.
    08-17-12 04:43 PM
    Apparently..
    08-17-12 04:43 PM
    The "statistics are like bikinis..." quote in someone's sig immediately comes to mind.
    08-17-12 05:01 PM
    Because when it happens to RIM, it is part of "The Conspiracy."

Do try to keep up... LOL

Mobile post via Tapatalk
    "Do try to keep up" coming from a individual still squeezing dry juice from a 8320. I guess that's part of the conspiracy also.
    08-17-12 10:05 PM
    "Do try to keep up" coming from a individual still squeezing dry juice from a 8320. I guess that's part of the conspiracy also.
    Hey, don't knock that device because it's older than you are. It was (sorry... is) one of the best devices ever made.
    08-17-12 11:20 PM
    Hey, don't knock that device because it's older than you are. It was (sorry... is) one of the best devices ever made.
    Lol, its one of the best bbs ever made. I still have one from T-Mobile.
    08-18-12 08:39 AM
    The "statistics are like bikinis..." quote in someone's sig immediately comes to mind.
    That's mines its just in Japanese
    08-18-12 08:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD