A simple task made mind-numbingly difficult by RIM CEOs trying to up theyre bonuses.

The task find and download the lastfm blackberry client

Step 1. Find the bb appworld app. Easy? 4m

The last 3 times ive used app world, ive found that it was missing from my device, app list,downloads..gone. The only solution i found was to download the app again.

Step 2. Download the bb appworld...15m

...for the fourth time. Again, should be a simple google search for app world. after skimming through a couple of rim pages, i find a download page. after handing over my email address for the download, im also 'required to agree' to communication agreement letting rim and theyre 3rd party affiliates to contact me anytime for anything they deem 'relevant'. NEVER a good thing to have to agree to. The download page also tells me i need a paypal account to even download appworld, but i havent seen this enforced anywhere. i then get a link sent to my phone which allows me to eventually download the app.

Step 3. Find the lastfm app(Hint: Dont use the Search Feature) 30m

I have never received usable results from the app world search engine. Previously i had spent 20m trying to find this app through searching and browsing all of app world i thought useful. No Dice.

Step 4. Search with a more functional search engine 30s

hopped on my pc to find lastfm. Found the appworld lastfm app page.It would only email me a link for the app. check the link on my phone, the link opens up the page that i sent the link from,nice design.

Step 5. Remove all RIM supported software from this chain and try again. An eternal Struggle

Since i am required to download the app through app world,nothing can reference lastfm in app world for me, and i cant find the app through app world itself, i give up and ***** about it.
    Last edited by offsprey; 01-09-10 at 10:41 PM.
    01-09-10 10:37 PM
    I occasionally find things in AppWorld but I know what you mean about the search on there. When I try to find certain apps I JUST saw, the search yields no results.
    01-09-10 10:42 PM
    Other than that, how did it go?
    01-09-10 10:42 PM
    I prefer OTA installs anyhow. why have an app to find apps? I know it is more convenient for most. I'm just not into appworld
    01-10-10 12:42 AM
    Other than that, how did it go?
    hahahaha funny

anyway though to the op ya i feel you app world can get really damn annoyong sometimes. I have gone to look for it in my app lists before too and its just been gone and iv had to reinstall. Also the search thing is useless on app world on the device thats for sure
    01-10-10 01:59 AM
    I'm with you on the appworld very limited and slow even with the updates.
    01-10-10 02:07 AM
    App World has never disappeared on me. After reading your post I searched "lastfm" and found it within seconds in App World.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-10 02:20 AM
    I agree with the OP. I used App World twice and deleted that train wreck
    immediately.

If an app does not have a direct OTA download or forces me to use AppWorld, I am
    not using that app.
    01-10-10 03:15 AM
    I prefer OTA installs anyhow. why have an app to find apps? I know it is more convenient for most. I'm just not into appworld
    I don't use the app world either. Whatever my BB comes with out of the box is what I use.

01-10-10 05:41 AM
    I just can't figure out why some apps are only found on appworld. Its almost like they don't WANT to get money from me if I can't download it from somewhere else like the apps original website perhaps? There are a few apps I'd like but I despise appworld so I don't have them.

01-10-10 07:18 AM
    sometimes I'm really frustrated with the appworld.
    01-10-10 07:52 AM
    Apps that are not compatible with your device probably wont show up in a search.

Considering the Last.fm app is only listed as being compatible with the 8900 and 9000, its no surprise you weren't able to install.
    01-10-10 08:40 AM
    I never even heard of lastfm (or last fm or last.fm ?) until I read this post. So I went online to App World on my PC.
    Step 1. Click on "Browse the Full Catalog Online": 3 seconds
    Step 2. type "lastfm" in the search box; click the search button; wait for results: 7 seconds.
    Step 3. Look at results. It's the first thing there.
    If I wanted it, I could click on it, then Get it Now, and have it within minutes.

Now, trying to get this image out of my head of multiple (!) CEOs deciding they can boost profits by putting free apps on App World: Will probably take all day!
    01-10-10 10:01 AM
    Flipside, the last.fm app, is available in the CB App Store. CB App Store does not have the issues that BB App World has.

01-10-10 10:08 AM
    I agree with the OP. I used App World twice and deleted that train wreck immediately.

If an app does not have a direct OTA download or forces me to use AppWorld, I am not using that app.
    Agreed. App World is a train wreck.
    01-10-10 10:50 AM
    @blueyestm - one reason apps are only in App World is because RIM demands that for some apps as a licensing or user agreement. I learned this when I was trying to find out why the latest SuperPages Mobile version was available only from AppWorld. To echo AG, I also deleted that train wreck and thus am without the latest version of SuperPages Mobile.

01-10-10 11:41 AM
    I agree with the OP. I used App World twice and deleted that train wreck
    immediately.

If an app does not have a direct OTA download or forces me to use AppWorld, I am
    not using that app.
    Totally agree. It is a waste of memory. Some apps are only available via AppWorld, but some have emailed me OTA links when I asked like the dudes from Shoot It were awesome about it when i told them I refuse to be forced to use Appworld..
    01-10-10 03:31 PM
    Agree to what AG said. No OTA = instant turn off.
    01-10-10 03:43 PM
    appworld has found everything I needed it to find just fine
    01-10-10 05:24 PM
    I like blackberry app world also. makes it easy to find and download those app people are talking about. There are some good apps out there though that are not in app world.
    01-11-10 08:36 AM
    Last.fm barely works with any BB. I don't think they support the storm which is why it wouldn't come up..
    01-11-10 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD