So I was having lunch with a mate, sitting at the window in a coffee shop in Belfast city centre. Al of the sudden we see the google street view car about to drive past us. He says "quick, let's take photos of it" he pulls his android out, I take my 9700 out. Snap, snap, I take two photos without rushing. Did he manage to take one? No. By the time he told me that one of my photos was already on the way to facebook.

The end!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by belfastdispatcher; 04-22-10 at 03:31 PM.
    04-22-10 08:25 AM
    I remember on my Storm 1 (.75) I was lucky if I could even take a photo. My 8530 on the other hand could go toe to toe with your 9700 in photo delay.

Yay, entry level... or something.
    04-22-10 08:51 AM
    Were you in a position where you could have been photographed by the Google-mobile? If so you will have to wait and see if you get in the photo the next time Google updates Street View for that area
    04-22-10 09:14 AM
    I'm already in it lol, try this, search for holywood road, belfast, look for strand cinema, start moving slowly down the street(towards newtownards road) and you'll see me on my motorcycle on the left side of the road
    My kids are in it too but I'll not tell you where that is lol

04-22-10 09:45 AM
    I'm already in it lol, try this, search for holywood road, belfast, look for strand cinema, start moving slowly down the street(towards newtownards road) and you'll see me on my motorcycle on the left side of the road
    My kids are in it too but I'll not tell you where that is lol

LOL found ya ..... Ahhhh Google Street View is the coolest thing since sliced bread
    04-22-10 10:24 AM
    Coll. That's my old Honda Africa Twin, missing it sometimes. What I don't miss is the chain drive.

04-22-10 10:27 AM
    So in other words, you're just quicker than your friend. What did the phone have to do with it?
    04-22-10 11:11 AM
    So in other words, you're just quicker than your friend. What did the phone have to do with it?
    Camera speed on the shutter, save file to the memcard, compression speed of the image and bes speed to facebook.

Something similar happened to me when we tried to to take a photo of a us military black hawk. The speed of the other phones were slower and it was a cloudy day and when its cloudy the phones auto focus and exposure setup take longer.

Ohh and there is the quick launch button but that's kinda even more arguable.

On the bb it was a one button start camera focus on subject press that same button again when the focus frame turns green. Very fast on the bb. My iphone is fiddly... I have to select the icon from the menu then click. My iphone hasn't a quicklaunch.

Last edited by Sihanling; 04-22-10 at 11:35 AM.
    04-22-10 11:31 AM
    I was gonna explain but looks like the one above did it already

Both our phones were on the table in front of us.

04-22-10 11:55 AM
    My Tour is very quick taking a pic as well. I've had a similar scenario with my buddy who is an iphone user. I had gotten off 2 pics before he got 1.
    04-22-10 04:13 PM
    So I was having lunch with a mate, sitting at the window in a coffee shop in Belfast city centre. Al of the sudden we see the google street view car about to drive past us. He says "quick, let's take photos of it" he pulls his android out, I take my 9700 out. Snap, snap, I take two photos without rushing. Did he manage to take one? No. By the time he told me that one of my photos was already on the way to facebook.

The end!

Awesome story!!!

And I CAN relate too... I missed a few good snapshots (here in Detroit, a lot of prototypes running around) the other day when I still had my Nexus... Recently I had a situation (not with a prototype though sadly) where the speed of the 9700 came in quite handy and I "got the shot"... so yeah... Android is more for the poseurs...

To the guy above doubting.... a) dedicated camera button (reprogrammable too if you don't care about taking pics)... b) much speedier interface - takes a few millisecs to get to the cam app on my 9700.... tool MULTIPLE secs on my Nexus (which is a 1GHz CPU phone!!!) - most often times resulting in a missed pic opportunity...
    04-22-10 04:25 PM
    Great story-I love my 9700!
    04-22-10 04:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD