I'm really fed up with my blackberry!For some reason, where my signal is suppose to be it says off and under my batter life there is this crosshair like thing! Can anyone tell me what this means?I've tried this battery pull thing over and over with the same result each time. I'm thinking of just returning my curve

I take back the returning part
    Last edited by tha_23_greatest; 06-03-08 at 12:10 PM.
    06-03-08 11:39 AM
    I'm really fed up with my blackberry!For some reason, where my signal is suppose to be it says off and under my batter life there is this crosshair like thing! Can anyone tell me what this means?I
    I've seen that crosshair thing on my phone, not sure what it means though, have you tried Google?
    06-03-08 11:41 AM
    No, but recently my curve has just been giving me constant problems, and the phone isn't refurb, so idk why all this is going on

Could a mod move this thread to the curve section
    Last edited by tha_23_greatest; 06-03-08 at 11:52 AM.
    06-03-08 11:44 AM
    The crosshair would be the location for your GPS to inform emergency services. For the signal, you may want to go into the menu and press "Manage Connections" and make sure your connection to your provider is on.
    06-03-08 11:53 AM
    Are you sure the battery isn't low? If the battery gets low enough, it will turn off the radio since there isn't enough power to operate it.
    06-03-08 11:53 AM
    The crosshair would be the location for your GPS to inform emergency services. For the signal, you may want to go into the menu and press "Manage Connections" and make sure your connection to your provider is on.
    Thanks alot. For some reason it wasn't connected, but i didn't disconnect it myself. I got very upset really quick. Thought my berry had crapped on me.

Also, could someone tell me why it disconnected from the network on its own though?
    06-03-08 12:09 PM
    Thanks alot. For some reason it wasn't connected, but i didn't disconnect it myself. I got very upset really quick. Thought my berry had crapped on me.

Also, could someone tell me why it disconnected from the network on its own though?
    As stated above, if your battery gets too low it will automatically disconnect because of the lack of power to remain connected.
    06-03-08 12:21 PM
    Also, when I had to reload my OS when the berry started back up radio was off.
    06-03-08 02:04 PM
    Some how you missed my post that already explained that. From what you have described the best guess as to what happened is that your battery didn't have sufficient power left to power those functions of your phone. Solution: charge your battery!
    06-03-08 04:21 PM
    oh my gosh when mine did this for the first time i had a fit! i realized it was because my battery was low but what shocked me was that once i connected it to the charger it still didn't work for about 20 minutes, meaning i couldn't call or txt anyone. (I am lost without my texts!!)
    06-03-08 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD