Well someone in twitter brought up the fact that blackberry sent Kim kardashian a pkb Berry. So I put my money on mercury.
    You do know the Priv is a PKB phone too, right?
    08-11-16 01:42 PM
    You do know the Priv is a PKB phone too, right?
    Oh! I never tried to slide the screen. Thanks!
    I don't know if you own one, but if you did you would know that the slider and pkb are pretty different. Moreover regarding my post, blackberry did send her a priv months ago. So I really don't think they sent her another priv.
    08-11-16 02:25 PM
    It's Argon (or whatever the final name will be) guys. You don't have believe me but come back here in a few months and you'll see I'm right. I can't say any more or I'll lose someone's trust.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    fanBBRY likes this.
    08-11-16 05:01 PM
    It's Argon (or whatever the final name will be) guys. You don't have believe me but come back here in a few months and you'll see I'm right. I can't say any more or I'll lose someone's trust.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I believe you! But again, going back to the original image I posted, what is this talk of a new codename? That's what I'm looking for! As for the next device, whether it's Argon or Mercury, it will be released in October.

Posted via CB10
    fanBBRY likes this.
    08-11-16 05:42 PM
    https://www.engadget.com/2016/08/12/...-three-months/

If there's any more reason why launching Argon, another all-touch flagship, before Mercury is stupid, this is it. Still think a (near) flagship is needed?
    08-12-16 08:21 AM

If there's any more reason why launching Argon, another all-touch flagship, before Mercury is stupid, this is it. Still think a (near) flagship is needed?
    Still need Argon in the market! Blackberry will have close to zero inventory cost and only potential on the upside!!
    08-12-16 08:51 AM

I totally agree. You can't compete in the flagship segment. LG is selling by the competitive pricing. Can argon compete with its specs or camera? Don't think so. Dtek50 plus the pkb is enough right now. I can buy an alcatel phone and get blackberry apps. So why should I buy DTEK50? That applies for the flagship also.
    Blackberry can only compete if market needs pkb. If not then they will definitely exit the hardware.
    08-12-16 09:39 AM
    Reminds me to Sony's UI.
    08-12-16 02:04 PM
    I am really torn right now. I love my Z30 but it is getting a little long in the tooth.
    Thinking about trying the Dtek50 but would hold off for a higher end unit, ie. Argon ...
    I guess I'll hold off for a couple more months, if no Argon announcements, I guess I'll try the Dtek50.
    08-13-16 01:02 AM
    I totally agree. You can't compete in the flagship segment. LG is selling by the competitive pricing. Can argon compete with its specs or camera? Don't think so. Dtek50 plus the pkb is enough right now. I can buy an alcatel phone and get blackberry apps. So why should I buy DTEK50? That applies for the flagship also.
    Blackberry can only compete if market needs pkb. If not then they will definitely exit the hardware.
    Of course Argon would compete in high end segment just like dtek50 is really a gud choice as a mid range phone. They have learned about the pricing with dtek 50 and they will price argon accordingly. And I hate to read i'd buy alcatel or samsung or LG n download blackberry suite,then what in the hell are u doin here,go get an alcatel and get bberry apps instead of waiting for the argon.

Posted via CB10
    fanBBRY likes this.
    08-13-16 01:30 AM
    We may but Alcatel 950 AKA 4 Pro ain't out!
    ardakca likes this.
    08-13-16 03:47 AM
    Of course Argon would compete in high end segment just like dtek50 is really a gud choice as a mid range phone. They have learned about the pricing with dtek 50 and they will price argon accordingly. And I hate to read i'd buy alcatel or samsung or LG n download blackberry suite,then what in the hell are u doin here,go get an alcatel and get bberry apps instead of waiting for the argon.

Posted via CB10
    Who said that I was waiting for Argon?

Plus it's the same phone with Alcatel. I doubt any adult with right mind would pay more to a product that is exactly the same with a lower priced one. I would have paid more if there were design differences because of aesthetics but unfortunately none when used with a case.

Anyways, dtek50 will collect dust on the shelves as we are used to. Hope they can pull off some big contracts with security conscious companies.
    08-13-16 04:21 AM
    Who said that I was waiting for Argon?

Plus it's the same phone with Alcatel. I doubt any adult with right mind would pay more to a product that is exactly the same with a lower priced one. I would have paid more if there were design differences because of aesthetics but unfortunately none when used with a case.

Anyways, dtek50 will collect dust on the shelves as we are used to. Hope they can pull off some big contracts with security conscious companies.
    Alcatel won't get monthly automatic updates. If you want security, then Nexus or DTEK/Priv are your only choices.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    08-13-16 09:12 AM
    For sure. The ART is also being upgraded to 7.0.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    It would be a 'pure' BB10 device (without ART) If we were to receive another BB10 offering.

PP SE - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    08-21-16 12:43 PM
    It would be great if another great smartphone would come from blackberry
    08-21-16 06:43 PM
    So I follow BlackBerry Central a lot as well as other BlackBerry blogs. Every Wednesday (or at least they try to do it every Wednesday), they upload wallpapers. Their most recent wallpaper was uploaded but there was something different with this. There was a riddle I suppose of a codename for a new device. It doesn't make any sense to me, so maybe you guys can shed some light.

Attachment 405829

It can't be argon or mercury, what else could it be? My guess is Helix but I haven't heard of anything codenamed Helix yet.

Also I started a similar thread in the News and Rumors section but I was unsure if it was in the right place so I started this one. Mods, please delete the appropriate thread as I'm unsure where I should've started it.

Posted via CB10
    So looking at that image I would guess it has something to do with where the BlackBerry logo is on the colour spectrum. Closest to yellow I would say. And with my limited recollection of chemistry and the noble gasses which produce coloured light when an electrical current is passed through them... I am going to guess Argon? Although argon and mercury gas can create blues and greens as well. And I'm told that helium can make yellow light when combined with a yellow phosphor...

Posted vis CB10 with my Passport
    08-26-16 07:19 AM
    Hope Blackberry comes back...
    11-11-16 07:00 AM
    Don't forget dark hub and Lithuanian language support.

*ME173X
    You mean people forget that?
    11-11-16 07:03 AM
68 123