Got a Curve last Christmas on a 1yr contract and am now on my 4th replacement so disappointed with reliability of the unit. Have been using BB for years with no problems.

Two things: Have never been able to send MMS - any reason why this may be?
    Secondly, ringtone. When I create a new profile I seem to be unable to save what the Curve has built-in nor can I figure out a way to upload new and save. My current classic ringtone gives me the heebie jeebies everytime the device rings!

Again, any suggestions would be welcome.

09-16-08 05:18 AM
    1. options > advanced options > tcp make sure you add in the apn settings of your carrier. this is what limits your mms as it uses carrier data and not BIS data.

2. if you create a new profile, you have to activate that profile. or you can modify the stock profiles. profile > advanced > select the active profile > phone > ring tone
    09-16-08 05:22 AM
    Cheers Oakie

Spot on that. Thanks.

If I wish to upload a ringtone how would that work? I have Blackberry for Mac so syncing is easy but there does not seem to be a way of dragging a dropping a ringtone into the folder.
    09-16-08 12:30 PM
    Sorry Oakie. Sorted that easy enough.

Thanks again for your quick response.
    09-16-08 12:35 PM
    if you have a memory card installed, you can activate mass storage mode thru options > media card/memory card > enable mass storage mode to yes.

after that, the device will respond as a usb drive when connected via usb to your mac.
    09-16-08 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD