So a few of the phones in our household just happened to die the week after the contracts were up. Odd no? One an iPhone 4s the other a Palm Pre.

The iPhone user went with another iPhone which was expected as it just works for her, but the Palm user wanted to get a BlackBerry. Well actually she wanted a keyboard. I mentioned BlackBerry and she got excited. So we went to get her a phone but the only phone that BlackBerry offers for cheap now among the different carriers is the old OS 7 9360 and 9320, if they are even available. This was where Samsung and the Galaxy Ace II X comes in. Right now that phone ended up costing us -$75 dollars. Yes NEGATIVE $75(got it at Costco). The clerk didn't try and sway us, didn't have too, we all agreed get the fully functional Samsung baby Galaxy phone and collect some money as opposed to paying almost $200 for the Q5. Even taking into account that she had to give up the physical keyboard it made sense.

Its a shame that BB didn't price their entry level phone as an entry level phone and they didn't get/let retailers put incentives on it either. Oh well another potential BlackBerry sale gone to Android.
    10-23-13 11:30 AM
    So a few of the phones in our household just happened to die the week after the contracts were up. Odd no? One an iPhone 4s the other a Palm Pre.

The iPhone user went with another iPhone which was expected as it just works for her, but the Palm user wanted to get a BlackBerry. Well actually she wanted a keyboard. I mentioned BlackBerry and she got excited. So we went to get her a phone but the only phone that BlackBerry offers for cheap now among the different carriers is the old OS 7 9360 and 9320, if they are even available. This was where Samsung and the Galaxy Ace II X comes in. Right now that phone ended up costing us -$75 dollars. Yes NEGATIVE $75(got it at Costco). The clerk didn't try and sway us, didn't have too, we all agreed get the fully functional Samsung baby Galaxy phone and collect some money as opposed to paying almost $200 for the Q5. Even taking into account that she had to give up the physical keyboard it made sense.

Its a shame that BB didn't price their entry level phone as an entry level phone and they didn't get/let retailers put incentives on it either. Oh well another potential BlackBerry sale gone to Android.
    Nope it does't make sense. You could have gotten the far better Z10 for 0 dollars at a number of places. But good luck with your phone.
    fanisk likes this.
    10-23-13 11:35 AM
    Wrong! Believe me I thought about that and I really wanted the BlackBerry to win out. Bell for example is advertising the Z10 along with the Note 2 at $0. However what they fail to mention is that to get that $0 you have to go with a Voice and Data plus plan. Those start at $70 a month. More than double what this person needed. What sense did that make? Gonna pay an extra $40 a month for 24 months($960) to get a phone I paide $400 for four months ago?
    10-23-13 12:13 PM