01-16-13 10:58 AM
    The article said the London will be the only NON-4G LTE PHONE !! That was interesting to hear
    01-16-13 11:16 AM
    The London is meant for the UK market. Last time I was there, it was hard enough to get decent 3G connectivity. So, do they even have LTE there?
    01-16-13 11:21 AM
    The article said the London will be the only NON-4G LTE PHONE !! That was interesting to hear
    You need to read a little closer. The London is HSPA+, and is the only non-4G in the L series. The other three L-series phones have LTE.
    01-16-13 11:23 AM
    You need to read a little closer. The London is HSPA+, and is the only non-4G in the L series. The other three L-series phones have LTE.
    I personally wasn't confused by Aljean Thein's comment. Did he edit it after your comment?
    01-16-13 11:28 AM
    Ah, I was hoping for a 32 GB internal storage at least. I know there's SD capability but 32 GB internal should be standard nowadays (and I'm not just talking about BB).
    01-16-13 11:32 AM
    That's a lot of variations of the L series, 4 different phones. I wonder if they're making that many variations of the N series. We'll find out very soon.
    01-16-13 12:03 PM
    Ah, I was hoping for a 32 GB internal storage at least. I know there's SD capability but 32 GB internal should be standard nowadays (and I'm not just talking about BB).
    But why? With the availability of an SD card, RIM can keep costs slightly lower and let each user expand their memory capacity as they see fit. I hate the way apple does it, 3 different levels of memory capacity, it's dumb. Expandable storage is the best route to go, while only offering 1 option for internal memory.
    01-16-13 12:07 PM
    But why? With the availability of an SD card, RIM can keep costs slightly lower and let each user expand their memory capacity as they see fit. I hate the way apple does it, 3 different levels of memory capacity, it's dumb. Expandable storage is the best route to go, while only offering 1 option for internal memory.
    The only reason I can see for wanting more internal storage is if apps can't be stored and run from the SD card. In that case, the internal storage creates a 16 GB limit to how many apps (and app data, I suppose) you can have. I think the only people who might need to worry about this are people who want to install HD games, since these can be storage hogs.
    Rickroller likes this.
    01-16-13 12:21 PM
    And when you upgrade to a new phone, you can bring your move your music, pictures, videos, etc. to the new phone in about 20 seconds. I'm fine with using an SD card.
    pmccartney likes this.
    01-16-13 01:18 PM
    Seeing how apps don't shut down, I am curious how much of that 16 GB we actually get. Space will be needed for swap space for when alot of apps are open and system memory runs low.
    Last edited by kfh227; 01-16-13 at 02:08 PM.
    01-16-13 01:55 PM
    im confused? why would the blackberry device coming to the UK not have 4G? We have decent 3G and 4G has recently come out, it will roll out to major cities then slowly get to other areas. So why wouldnt we get 4G enabled devices?
    01-16-13 02:56 PM
    The UK will get a 4G device, EE has already confirmed this. I don't know when shlammed was last in the UK, probably a long time ago if he was struggling to get 3G, it's been working perfectly for years now.
    01-16-13 05:03 PM