Maybe this could be another customer heading Blackberry's way after they just announced they have healthcare records of 4.5 million people hacked..

Could be the trend of something big.. Any thoughts?

Hospital network hacked, 4.5 million records stolen - Aug. 18, 2014
    08-18-14 11:29 AM
    WOW!
    Maybe you're right!
    08-18-14 11:44 AM
    its not related to mobile devices. I am guessing their network was hacked via PC and such so not much BB could do to prevent this.
    mikeo007 and kbz1960 like this.
    08-18-14 11:47 AM
    The big trend is that corporations are getting caught (in the worst way) not protecting their consumers' data, and are getting away with it quite lightly at the moment. As for this hacking, it most likely happened on desktops, so BlackBerry would not directly benefit from this. Indirectly maybe, if the CTOs go on a security binge and beef up MDM while they're at it.
    08-18-14 11:52 AM
    This will be a big trend attackers usually go after big ticket items and health records are ripe with information for identity theft. BlackBerry can do very little to stop this. It is up to hospitals and the security experts to implement strict guidelines for patients records.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 08:58 AM
    So Blackberry is now a potential security solution for all healthcare hacking? Not likely. There are plenty of major players in healthcare IT. In the US, healthcare is about 18% of GDP. Blackberry isn't nearly large enough to really address this market.
    08-19-14 09:04 AM
    So Blackberry is now a potential security solution for all healthcare hacking? Not likely. There are plenty of major players in healthcare IT. In the US, healthcare is about 18% of GDP. Blackberry isn't nearly large enough to really address this market.
    Read Ait's commentary today with respect to BlackBerry and it's involvement with US Government, I see them moving forward to secure more than mobility in the near future.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 12:15 PM
    Read Ait's commentary today with respect to BlackBerry and it's involvement with US Government, I see them moving forward to secure more than mobility in the near future.

Posted via CB10
    I think it has potential, much more than selling more consumer handsets. As Healthcare IT increases there is a need to improve security. Perhaps BlackBerry can take advantage of this.

Q10, N5, N10.
    08-19-14 03:55 PM
    http://intelligent-defense.softwarea...are-risk-0314/

This article does highlight BlackBerry 's security over IOS and Android.

My Z10 - an extension of me
    08-19-14 10:16 PM
    You're forgetting their play in medicare isn't *really* in devices. It's in machine to machine and providing secure networks for data flow. Think about how QNX issues software updates in cars, how do they do it? What's one of their biggest selling points for it? Secure network channels that aren't otherwise accessible to others. With Project Ion, they want to leverage more of their secure network offerings and this, actually opens up a door.

Everyone is looking at it as 'they can BES' or 'they can use BlackBerry's' while that has some truth to it, overall it's not even about that at all. It's about using the secure network they have and the NOC to keep that data secure as it moves so crap like this doesn't happen again. Think BEYOND smartphones, BlackBerry is. Smartphones right now are the low level portion of the equation. Sure they still need to sell them and they still need many people on BES but they're chasing the real paper that comes from secure network utilization.
    niss63 likes this.
    08-19-14 10:21 PM
    Think BEYOND smartphones, BlackBerry is.
    That new Slogan tho.

Posted via CB10
    anon(8181885) likes this.
    08-19-14 10:35 PM