Okay, so I've finally convinced my dh to let me send my curve in to colorware, so I am looking for some input from those of you who have had experience with it.

1. How does the paint wear? Is it really chip/scratch resistant like they say it is? I do plan on using at least a BSE, if not both a BSE and silicone skin, but let's just say I didn't and I dropped it. Is it going to chip right off the bat?

2. Has anyone experienced any issues due to the fact that the housing was taken off and replaced during the process? In other words, does everything fit back the way it should? I won't be able to stand it if there are cracks along the side where the siderails meet the faceplate, or if the battery cover doesn't sit flush with the sides the way it should. Does it creak at all when you press the buttons? Does it sound the same, both to the person you're talking to and to you?

If there is anything else that you can tell me, I'd really appreciate it. I really WANT to send mine in, but at the same time, I'm scared to death that something's going to get screwed up in the process. (And then I'll have to hear my dh say "I TOLD YOU SO!!")

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by christyr143; 08-15-08 at 03:20 PM.
    08-15-08 03:17 PM
    Sorry to ask this, but what does dh stand for?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-08 04:47 PM
    LOL, sorry!! It means "dear husband"...
    08-15-08 04:48 PM
    Noone has any input?
    08-15-08 07:45 PM
    i read (had no personal experience) great reviews on colorware. people had great things to say about their paint techniques, colors, etc. now i know that really doesn't answer you question of the wear factor. i would get mine done, but i have a few reservations as well. first thing, i can't find a spare housing for my 8330 and i don't want to get my original one painted. if for any reason i need to take my phone back for warranty, they won't since the housing been "removed" and any paintings or alterations will void and null the warranty. also, the cost of the paint job! i know, colorware does a great job and service, but for what i'm about to pay for it, no thanks. if i had the money, maybe...

colorware does remove the housing and paints them then re-installs them. i'm sure that they've done so many now that they can do it blindfolded! i don't think i've come to anyone that's had problems with how they re-installed the housing back onto the phones.

the best thing to do is to go on livechat with colorware and ask these questions to them. i'm not in any way trying to kick you out and be rude. i know you want other's opinions as colorware will persuade you into going with them. questions to ask: how long will the paint last? will it chip easily? what guarantees do you offer? if for any reason you guys damage the phone, what will you do to replace it?

hope that helps! also, there are a few people here that posted pics of their colorwared phones and i have to say, they are real nice! good luck!
    08-15-08 08:52 PM
    Thanks for the input! I actually spoke with the lady that has nancydrew themes and she's had 2 phones done with them, both were flawless, no problems whatsoever. I did a search here and have been looking at pics and reading all afternoon! I decided to go ahead and jump. I figure hey, you only live once...why not have the EXACT berry you want, right? LOL!

Thanks again!
    08-15-08 09:40 PM
    Thanks for the input! I actually spoke with the lady that has nancydrew themes and she's had 2 phones done with them, both were flawless, no problems whatsoever. I did a search here and have been looking at pics and reading all afternoon! I decided to go ahead and jump. I figure hey, you only live once...why not have the EXACT berry you want, right? LOL!

Thanks again!
    glad that you came to a decision! what color did you decide to go with? better yet, post pics when you receive your new colorwared phone!
    08-15-08 09:44 PM

Thanks again!
    hey christy...you're right: we only live once...atleast you can say you had a custom bb lol...how was the process w/choosing the color(s)?

I had a hard time because I couldn't make up my mind...well, today I finally did and placed the order...can't wait to ship it out next week.
    08-15-08 10:08 PM
    I really didn't have a hard time choosing a color at all. I KNEW I wanted it pink, and I prefer the metallic because I like shimmer. So the choice was pretty simple! I will post pics once it's done. I paid for the rapid return so hopefully it will be done by the end of next week!!
    08-15-08 10:27 PM
    Blush is a very popular color at CW (I wonder how many devices they color per day with blush)...can't wait to see your pics!!

**Can't wait to post my eye-catching DivaBerry's new makeover pics too!!**
    08-20-08 04:15 PM
    Sorry to ask this, but what does dh stand for?

Designated Hitter!
    08-20-08 04:20 PM
    Only had mine for a week now, but am LOVING the white on white. Everything looks perfect, works perfect. The actual GRIP of the phone is nicer...it's not quite as slippier as an unskinned BB.

I'm sure if you wanted to gouge the paint job you could, but it seems to be pretty durable I'd say. Should be good for everyday use and abuse for the most part.

I went white on white on white on white. Gets sooo many looks and compliments and I'm just loving it.

Though tomorrow I'm buying a Rogers Bold...so looks like my GF might be inheriting this beauty.
    08-20-08 04:32 PM
    Christyr143 are you on LIW?

08-20-08 04:38 PM
    Christyr143 are you on LIW?
    Uh, I don't know...what is LIW?
    08-20-08 04:51 PM
    Uh, I don't know...what is LIW?
    Its another chat site like this, DH is a term used there and I have never heard it anywhere else that is why I asked

08-20-08 04:53 PM
    Ah! Nope, not a member over there!
    08-20-08 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD