Yes... it is. =P

So when I was doing my undergrad I had a blackberry curve (verizon) and I found it to be very useful because I could google/wikipedia things in class, download and view notes and things while in class if I forgot to print them before, etc. Also, the calendar and todo lists syncing with outlook were great and I never missed assignments. It came in very handy.

When I graduated, I cancelled it to save money... but missed it.

Now I'm in a Master's program and I want to get another blackberry to help me keep track of assignments, lists, and more.

So I still have the curve, but I'm considering two other options. The Storm for 49.99 or the Tour for 149.99. I've read countless reviews about the Storm, many of them bad, many of them saying "calm down, it's not that bad." I tried it in the store yesterday, and while it seems like it may take a week or two to get used to, it seemed great to me. The "tap and click" was nice when navigating websites, the calendar and menus because it reduces the necessity for precise scrolling with the trackball. Landscape typing was a bit more difficult than it should be, but the T9 was great, and so was the 2 letters per key vertical keyboard.The screen is beautiful and I've heard the OS updates, mainly .167 is great and the only downside is you can't use themes, which I don't care about. 5.0 sounds amazing and will hopefully have a working camera soon.

I've heard very few negatives about the Tour, except that it has no WiFi, which is something I'm not really bothered by, and the trackball tracking can be faulty on some units. The biggest negative is the extra 100 bucks, for a device that appears to be fairly similar to the curve, just newer and (slightly?) faster.

Remember, I used to be a starving college student... now I'm a starving grad student who's also amassing a pile of insurmountable debt.

Is the Storm really that bad? Am I missing something?
    Is the Tour worth the extra $150 bucks when I could just reactivate my Curve?
    Anything else I should know or be considering?

Thanks for the help!
    09-05-09 09:54 AM
    From someone who has been here for a minute, go with the Tour, I'm not saying the Storm is a bad device, just not for everyone...
    09-05-09 10:06 AM
    I'm a student in grad school and I have a storm. I don't mind the bugs so it works ok for me. I also like the touchscreen. All blackberries are great for work/school. If you need reliability I would go with the tour or curve.
    09-07-09 11:08 PM
    From someone who has been here for a minute, go with the Tour, I'm not saying the Storm is a bad device, just not for everyone...
    go with the tour if you dont mind the small screen. If you are trying to read documents then the storms screen is much better. Dont listen to the people who say the storm is a bad device because its actually a really good device. And for the price you cant beat it.
    09-07-09 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD