So ii am using a Tmo curve 8320 and ii successfully upgraded the OS to a 4.5 problem is ii didnt do my research fully and ended up with the app error because of some themes ii had on my device. now ii removed the themes and am trying to repeat the process but my desktop manager doesn't pick up the new OS. it won't ask if ii want an upgrade and when ii go into app loader it onlii shows the applications that I have loaded to my phone already. (i.e. jivetalk and facebook)

ii would really appreciate if anyone could offer some insight to this problem or if i'm juss stuck with the old OS now... ii cud really kick myself in the *** because those few hours ii had with it were pretty sweet. =]

thanks in advance for any help you can offer,
    distressed crackberry junkie.
    10-10-08 12:23 PM
    oh and i forgot to mention that ii tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything to no avail... =(
    10-10-08 12:24 PM
    It's not installing because it already has the os you want to install on it. You need to do a full wipe. The easiest way is with CrackMem. http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/crac...eleased-52044/ Download and install CM. Remove anything you don't want. Use it to wipe (brickmyberry) and install. Good luck.
    10-10-08 12:28 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

The key is to download and install the original version of the device software, v4.2.2.180 in your case.

Use Windows / Programs / Uninstall to remove the v4.5xx package, then install the original. Your device will then reverse the process and you will have your original configuration back.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites
    10-10-08 12:29 PM
    i did install the original... do ii still have to wipe the device and reinstall??
    10-10-08 01:56 PM
    thanks so much its installed now. but my speaker stopped working which means that It doesnt ring and i cant listen to music on speaker. also ii cant use speakerfone during a call. any ideas?
    10-10-08 10:18 PM
    Good thing you have a roll back OS in place.

Before you change anything, try Voice Activated Dialing. It may free up the speaker and let you continue using the updated OS.

There is a bug that can lock out the speaker. If certain non-BlackBerry audio files are interrupted during playback, that can fail to release the speaker. The solution is to let them play all the way through, or use VAD to correct the problem.

If that does not work, roll it back to the original carrier OS and try again with a different OS package.
    10-11-08 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD