Having had a nice laugh in one of the BBM Groups, we have been discussing the benefits of Channels, Groups and BBM in General, now that it is going live this weekend.

Kevin mentioned it during the Podcast with the BOX that Channels are more anonymous and allow one to join more freely since only the channel owner and you are aware of it.

Combine this nice feature with the PIN system and all the BBM groups which are invite only.

Channels will be the link between different interest groups and allow other to find like-minded people without the need to reveal their own identity.

All the talk about not having anything to hide does not work when we are honest to ourselves.

I believe that it is THE NICHE MARKET that has been missing in all the social networks.

You can live out your personality, meet amazing people and decide for yourself how much personal information you reveal.

If this could be working on desktops as well, then we would have a serious beast!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...esktop-850796/

What do you guys think?

I posted it here, because it seemed fitting... Moderators please move/ delete when you feel I'm wasting space.
    LostOnThePianoRoll likes this.
    09-18-13 06:08 PM
    I actually like the ideas you put here!
    Having not tried the BBM channels app yet, i don't really know what to expect, but if it's something like what you call it. It should be good.

They should also have public places available where you can just go in and have arguments with strangers.
    Cause that's what 90% of people use social networking for :P

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 08:10 PM
    That's exactly what you can do within the channels!

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 08:42 PM
    Interesting and thinking out of the box. If that happened, I can definitely envision channels "by invitation only".
    09-18-13 10:13 PM
    This will definitely happen.

Channels is mainly an extension of BBM groups to allow strangers to connect to each other

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 10:42 PM