This is an official Smartphone Experts Round Robin thread

Introducing the 1st Annual Smartphone Experts Round Robin

The next few weeks are going to be full of learning, participation, aggrevation and fun at CrackBerry.com and our sibling sites TreoCentral.com, WMExperts.com and PhoneDifferent.com as we mix things up with the first annual Smartphone Experts Round Robin.

What's it all about? We'll "Officially" Announce it tomorrow but I just couldn't wait to get the word out.

Click Here for the Details...
    10-28-07 07:21 PM
    Oh what...this is way cool Kevin, plus a chance to win some goodies, you may not even know your even applying to win lol, just by helping out awesome.
    10-28-07 11:30 PM
    This is going to be very interesting!
    10-29-07 12:14 AM
    Good luck without a BB Kevin.
    10-29-07 06:50 AM
    It should be very interesting - I've had a T600 (Palm), T700wx & Q (WM) and just moved to my first BB (8310). See if their experiences mirror some of my own.
    10-29-07 06:51 AM
    Good luck without a BB Kevin.
    hahaha!! Ya know what device your getting Kevin?
    10-29-07 07:03 AM
    Week #1 - I'm using an AT&T HTC Tilt (unlocked, running on Rogers) as I type.

Definitely a new experience for me. It's going to be an INTERESTING month to say the least.

I'm looking forward to everyone's participation, comments, thoughts, advice, etc. It will especially be interesting to see the input from others who have gone through this process on their own (former WM/Treo/etc. users who are now on BlackBerry and vice-versa).

I already miss my BlackBerry soo much though. The WORST part is No BlackBerry messenger! I've never really thought about it too much before, but that's definitely RIM's hook to make sure you never stray from their device. Once you have a big contact list in BBMessenger...you can never abandon it!
    10-29-07 09:41 AM
    don't start liking that thing too much. you know what we do to people around here............glue their fingers together!
    10-29-07 12:10 PM
    Wow! I saw the Tilt coming out just after I got the 8525 (which I got bored with quickly after I couldnt tweak it anymore) let us know how it is.
    I sure hope WM6 is more stable. The option to use touchscreen is neat at times. The keyboard is cool!
    But I'm a Berry-head now!! You're right about the BB Messenger, can't abandon it once you get a huge contact list.
    10-29-07 01:15 PM
    Two Words, Blackberry connect lol
    10-29-07 01:20 PM
    BlackBerry Connect? Done and DONE!

I noticed the BlackBerry Icon on the Tilt within minutes of booting the phone up for the first time on Saturday. I clicked it and walked through the setup no problem. I was thinking I'd have to call my carrier, but that wasn't the case at all. I already have my BlackBerry account from my BlackBerry setup, so there was no additional step required to activate BlackBerry Connect.

I use my @crackberry.com email address as my main email, which is forwarded to my @gmail.com account. So I used BlackBerry Connect with my Gmail account. It seems to be working pretty darn well. Only one glitch right now... when I reply/send emails from either the Tilt or out of my Gmail on the desktop computer, they are reappearing in my Inbox as a new message. Not quite sure what's up with that just yet...

But at least I'm running push email on the Tilt and am not totally separated from BlackBerry goodness.
    10-29-07 02:00 PM
    This is interesting, but at end you will know that all devices are same...

Simular experience and you will need 3-4 days to use to it...
    10-29-07 03:16 PM
    BlackBerry Connect? Done and DONE!

I noticed the BlackBerry Icon on the Tilt within minutes of booting the phone up for the first time on Saturday. I clicked it and walked through the setup no problem. I was thinking I'd have to call my carrier, but that wasn't the case at all. I already have my BlackBerry account from my BlackBerry setup, so there was no additional step required to activate BlackBerry Connect.

I use my @crackberry.com email address as my main email, which is forwarded to my @gmail.com account. So I used BlackBerry Connect with my Gmail account. It seems to be working pretty darn well. Only one glitch right now... when I reply/send emails from either the Tilt or out of my Gmail on the desktop computer, they are reappearing in my Inbox as a new message. Not quite sure what's up with that just yet...

But at least I'm running push email on the Tilt and am not totally separated from BlackBerry goodness.

Kevin, this essentially the same problem that exists on BB devices and with Gmail, you can axxs the online account for you BB Connect service and create the filter just as you would for you BB...your device has a PIN and of course an IMEI and is recognized by the BIS, you can just add a filter and that will stop the outgoing messages from coming into you BB as a new message.

For More Info Follow Here
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 10-29-07 at 04:05 PM.
    10-29-07 03:41 PM
    4 weeks w/o a BB sounds like 4 years
    10-30-07 10:59 AM
    good luck!
    10-30-07 12:24 PM
    Kevin,

Does this mean we CrackBerry Users (& Abusers!) have to share our BlackBerry love with other (dare I say it) non-CrackBerry users? I guess there is enough to go around.

I have to confess that I also have a Samsung that I use when I can't get a hold of my BB, but I ALWAYS come back to my true love.

Good luck with this Round Robin thread.

- CB
    11-04-07 06:33 PM
    SO.... where do I go to win a free phone?!?!?!
    11-08-07 02:14 PM
    Im still using 7130e! I NEEDA NEW PHONE!!!! Not to cry about it or nuthn!
    11-08-07 08:34 PM
    New to crackberry & blackberry, between the contests and the members, I've got to say it's one of the friendliest boards around!
    11-12-07 04:42 PM
    The comparisons are really saying how much better Blackberry's are! I am on my 3rd one (in 8 months)
    11-12-07 05:29 PM
    4 weeks w/o a BB sounds like 4 years
    I went one day, and I thought it was like 4 years. Hey, this guy deserves a new Blackberry more than me!
    11-12-07 05:40 PM
    So who's our next victim? Er, I mean, who's using the berry now that Dieters all done with it?
    11-26-07 12:40 PM
    That's what I was wondering - who has the Curve now?
    11-26-07 09:00 PM
    Hmm, there's posts from Mike, Jen and Dieter on here. I thought there was still one more because Kevin's using the iphone right now. I don't remember when Mike had it. I joined in on the conversation when jen first got the curve. Can't wait for the final overview from everbody.
    11-27-07 01:44 AM
    4 weeks sounds like eternity, have fun!
    11-27-07 05:06 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD