she does the job

Sent from my Yellow Nokia Lumia 1020
    How's the file manager/exploring on that device?

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 04:00 PM
    How's the file manager/exploring on that device?

Posted via CB10

non existent, have to hook up to the PC and use Explorer. However, there is no real need for one on it, as the OS handles things quite nicely.

12-29-13 04:07 PM
    non existent, have to hook up to the PC and use Explorer. However, there is no real need for one on it, as the OS handles things quite nicely.

I have the surface RT and the desktop mode makes it pretty straight forward. I'm quite interested in trying the windows 8 mobile phones to see what it's like.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 04:11 PM
    I have the surface RT and the desktop mode makes it pretty straight forward. I'm quite interested in trying the windows 8 mobile phones to see what it's like.

Posted via CB10

it'll be even better come WP8.1, it'll be nice to have a notification shade, I don't keep all my apps as live tiles

12-29-13 04:15 PM
    it'll be even better come WP8.1, it'll be nice to have a notification shade, I don't keep all my apps as live tiles

I have been working with visual studio XAML trying to get familiar with it again to make a electrical engineering app. But they don't have the windows 8.1 integration yet and it's supposed to be fantastic.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 04:17 PM
    Dropbox, box, drive, es file explorer?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    Don't forget my favorite, FX File Explorer. I love the transparent set-up.
    12-29-13 04:34 PM
    All,

It's time for this thread to get back on track. Cease the arguing and insults. I've cleaned out some of the "unnecessary posts", and hope that's all that's required here.
    howarmat and pantlesspenguin like this.
    12-29-13 04:36 PM
    All,

It's time for this thread to get back on track. Cease the arguing and insults. I've cleaned out some of the "unnecessary posts", and hope that's all that's required here.
    Awwww...

Can you put them back for 10 mins or so?

I need to see what I missed!
    RedFoxOne likes this.
    12-29-13 04:41 PM
    All,

My post on ES file explorer was unnecessary ???

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    12-29-13 04:41 PM
    All,

Actually, it's ok, I read the last 2 pages and that was enough.
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    12-29-13 04:55 PM
    My post on ES file explorer was unnecessary ???

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    Sorry Dave, but that can happen when your post quotes another member's questionable post. Please go ahead and add your comment about the app back to the thread.
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    12-29-13 05:14 PM
    Androids file manager is reason enough for people to switch to Blackberry.-img_20131229_172536.png
    Androids file manager is reason enough for people to switch to Blackberry.-img_20131229_172540.png
    Functional android file manager on BB10.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    MERCDROID likes this.
    12-29-13 05:16 PM
    Sorry Dave, but that can happen when your post quotes another member's questionable post. Please go ahead and add your comment about the app back to the thread.
    My mistake I actually posted it in a similar post. Following multiple threads .

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    12-29-13 05:21 PM
    My mistake I actually posted it in a similar post. Following multiple threads .

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    No worries. I know it's difficult to keep track of where we've posted some days...
    12-29-13 05:39 PM
    Just as amusing as the shenanigans that take place on ios and android forums, no doubt.

Posted via CB10
    I rarely see these kinds of "debates" on Android Central, especially regarding other mobile OS. I have seen these debates between Android devices (I think that it was the HTC One X and the Samsung Galaxy S III). Those are a turn off because they were both good devices; people will just have a preference for one or the other based on personal needs and tastes.
    12-29-13 05:39 PM
    What are you talking about ? The built-in FM works just fine!!
    12-29-13 07:31 PM
    Key word there is Apps. On BB10, built in and no need to get more apps to do the same function....
    Yes. That's why the BB10 sideloading/Android app interest community has zero activity.
    12-29-13 08:22 PM
    So, does this mean I can have BOTH the native bb10 file manager and some 3rd party apps that are also file managers?

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 08:33 PM
    So, does this mean I can have BOTH the native bb10 file manager and some 3rd party apps that are also file managers?

Posted via CB10
    Yes I've got ghost commander and es file explorer

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    12-29-13 08:35 PM
    Defaults are useless, since it asks again anyway and since you have more then one app that does the function no one wants to isolate said task to one app. It would make downloading all those 'productivity' apps on android useless since you would only need one app. I even had android trying to open pdf files and power point files using the super nintendo emulator even though I had quick office and adobe installed. This isn't user error, this is a disasterous os trying to do too much.

Windows 95 > Android

Posted via CB10
    So you complain because it asks what app to use(which all can be set and never asked again), and then say that nobody wants to set that to one app. Seems like a classic case of just looking to bash another OS, android is all about choice which you seem to be 100% against.
    m1a1mg and mornhavon like this.
    12-29-13 10:39 PM
    So you complain because it asks what app to use(which all can be set and never asked again), and then say that nobody wants to set that to one app. Seems like a classic case of just looking to bash another OS, android is all about choice which you seem to be 100% against.
    This has been his point for two days and counting.

Sent from my Samsung S3 using CB Forums mobile app
    mornhavon likes this.
    12-29-13 11:03 PM
    lol. you are funny.
    12-30-13 04:12 AM
    For most people, 'Android' means phones purchased from Samsung, HTC, LG et al, all of which have File managers pre-installed as part of the OS.
    Perhaps Nexus devices may not have File Managers. That's perfectly fine, for many people, file managers ARE bloatware they will never use.

I think people need to stop this silly 'it's not included in the Base OS so it's not a robust solution' nonsense. This is nearly 2014, we need to jettison such antiquated reasoning. I'd figure that 99% of Smartphone users have access to the internet, and there are tons of free, powerful file managers on Google Play. There is no functional advantage of a bundled in solution over using a very highly rated and FREE 3rd party app. None whatsoever.

Perhaps one of the reasons why Android phones are selling better than Blackberry 10 devices is because there are way more people interested in something as basic as icon themes than in file managers?
    Last edited by texazzpete; 12-30-13 at 06:05 AM.
    12-30-13 05:01 AM
    For most people, 'Android' means phones purchased from Samsung, HTC, LG et al, all of which have File managers pre-installed as part of the OS.
    Perhaps Nexus devices may not have File Managers. That's perfectly fine, for many people, file managers ARE bloatware they will never use.

I think people need to stop this silly 'it's not included in the Base OS so it's not a robust solution' nonsense. This is nearly 2013, we need to jettison such antiquated reasoning. I'd figure that 99% of Smartphone users have access to the internet, and there are tons of free, powerful file managers on Google Play. There is no functional advantage of a bundled in solution over using a very highly rated and FREE 3rd party app. None whatsoever.

Perhaps one of the reasons why Android phones are selling better than Blackberry 10 devices is because there are way more people interested in something as basic as icon themes than in file managers?
    It's nearly 2013! Thank goodness. But what a year it's been eh?

My personal highlight was the Olympics.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 05:50 AM
    BlackBerry got it right all they need is advertisement and more apps. I'm using a nexus 5 at the moment.
    12-30-13 07:04 AM
586 ... 2021222324