Who cares about the market, you and everyone else supporting the view of the market just buy whatever the market hypes up.

Posted via CB10
    Wrong, I did my research on Android before I dropped BlackBerry. And am much happier for it.

Sent from my Samsung S3 using CB Forums mobile app
    12-29-13 01:32 PM
    Well, you may be right. Usually something is hyped if people like it. So that would mean Android and iPhone are hyped.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    We agree, so then by the same token should you just buy and Android or Iphone because everyone else likes it and It is hyped.

You just proved my point perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 01:33 PM
    I'm not doing the rabbit holes and I never said they were the only company that did it. I will say you are seeking a win on a technicality while ignoring the breadth of the reality.
    My original question was "What makes you think Google is the only company does this". You told me how Google operates instead. Thus not answering the original question. So I had to reiterate a third time. I'm not trying to win any technicality. I was simply trying to get an answer for my original question.
    12-29-13 01:33 PM
    Wrong, I did my research on Android before I dropped BlackBerry. And am much happier for it.

And I did my research by spending money, buying android - being disgusted by it and going back to blackberry.

I'm much happier for it.

We're not so different.

Posted via CB10
    bekkay likes this.
    12-29-13 01:34 PM
    We agree, so then by the same token should you just buy and Android or Iphone because everyone else likes it and It is hyped.

Again, as long as you get more or less impartial information and are not misled/lied to.

You can now click the like button, kkthx!

Posted via CB10
    I did find that fragmentation pretty quickly.... When you have to download a different apps for different pruposes, you're now running in a OS wich each functionality was designed by different persons, different ways of coding and managing the UI... So right from the start, the layout isn't coesive. Especialy in gesture based OS, a functionality that is built in the OS is already a huge plus because the way it operates would be pretty much like the rest of the functions (in android terms is apps that you downloaded), they work about the same way, the menus are where you expect them to be, etc...

Not to mention that built in functions within a OS (or call it apps), can talk and interact between them, thing that is very difficult with a bunch of third party apps... You can see the way the Hub or BBM can interact with pretty much everything on the phone... try that with whatsapp.... you end up in the so well know "jumping between apps" on IOS and android...

Third party apps are so disconnected from the OS, that as you can see, android apps works as good in a BB10...
    Most of the apps I use on Android (Evernote, pocket, tweet caster, etc.) all work very well together and it's easy to get into their menus (the 3 dots). I can easily share between apps, email from an app, text from an app. With Google music I can listen to music over wifi from my PC. Effortless.

Note, I am not saying BB is worse. I am rebutting the negative statements being made to attempt to raise BB higher.

pantlesspenguin and bp3dots like this.
    12-29-13 01:36 PM
    Actually, you stated it not me. You keep bringing in the market to enforce your views or make a point. I'm part of the market and buy whatever I want. But I also don't let the market affect my purchases (I'm not saying you do) but for many they buy whatever is most hyped.

Posted via CB10
    No, you clearly said we were just following the market and or media.

12-29-13 01:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    No, Android works best for me and most people thus it is hyped. You are getting it backwards. .

12-29-13 01:38 PM
    I'll agree they aren't very good at either right now. I'll also point out that was unnecessary and bratty.
    Sorry, my inner NYer pops out from time to time.

grover5 likes this.
    12-29-13 01:39 PM

You can now click the like button, kkthx!

Posted via CB10
    That is not what they are saying at all. When a lot of people like something, it is hyped up. That doesn't mean that because something is hyped you should go and buy it because everyone else likes it. It just means a lot of people like it.
    12-29-13 01:43 PM
    Most of the apps I use on Android (Evernote, pocket, tweet caster, etc.) all work very well together and it's easy to get into their menus (the 3 dots). I can easily share between apps, email from an app, text from an app. With Google music I can listen to music over wifi from my PC. Effortless.

Note, I am not saying BB is worse. I am rebutting the negative statements being made to attempt to raise BB higher.

Although I would agree in some parts with what you said, it isn't excatly the same... the word "share" today is something too basic compared to "unified experience". BBM is a good example, you can still share a lot of stuff in BBM for android and IOS, but is to a much lesser degree compared to Blackberry on BB10, where BBM feels built in the OS, not a running app. In that regard, IOS does the best job af all with all the proprietary stuff, at the drawback almost no costomizability

Don't get me wrong, I called it a drawback, but it is also a upside, the upside is high costomizability, and you have to sacrifice one or another, it's up to personal choice.
    I did find that fragmentation pretty quickly.... When you have to download a different apps for different pruposes, you're now running in a OS wich each functionality was designed by different persons, different ways of coding and managing the UI... So right from the start, the layout isn't coesive. Especialy in gesture based OS, a functionality that is built in the OS is already a huge plus because the way it operates would be pretty much like the rest of the functions (in android terms is apps that you downloaded), they work about the same way, the menus are where you expect them to be, etc...

Not to mention that built in functions within a OS (or call it apps), can talk and interact between them, thing that is very difficult with a bunch of third party apps... You can see the way the Hub or BBM can interact with pretty much everything on the phone... try that with whatsapp.... you end up in the so well know "jumping between apps" on IOS and android...

Third party apps are so disconnected from the OS, that as you can see, android apps works as good in a BB10...
    I don't have this experience at all. The apps I download integrate seamlessly into the OS. They're able to share between one another, integrate into the OS settings, etc. I only have experience with the now old school way of sideloading Android apps onto BB10 but those apps couldn't communicate with native apps and vice versa. Has that changed since then? That was a pretty big gripe of mine and one of the main reasons I switched back to Android.

Also, I've been using a lot of the same apps for so long and had become so integrated into the OS that I forgot they were apps I downloaded. When I was setting up my Z10 I was trying to emulate some of the same functionality and I realized some things I had come to expect as functions were actually apps.
    That is not what they are saying at all. When a lot of people like something, it is hyped up. That doesn't mean that because something is hyped you should go and buy it because everyone else likes it. It just means a lot of people like it.
    hyped, hyp& hypes
    To publicize or promote, especially by extravagant, or inflated, Excessive publicity and the ensuing commotion, Exaggerated or extravagant claims made especially in advertising or promotional material.

Most of that is done in generating the sales for Android.

Samsung pays a lot to generate hype, so does google. People fall for it and just buy, marketing = success. Sometimes you buy things you don't even need due to great marketing.

Does over hype mean something is better than something else? No.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 01:51 PM

And Blackberry brought that same eco system you are referring to over the Blackberry 10 with the Android Runtime. Your signature says you have the Q10 on ordered so I assume you haven't used it yet. You'd be surprised at the amount of apps in the Blackberry App World that are Android ported apps. Skype and Waze are a couple that are available on Blackberry App World that runs on top of the Android Runtime.

So if you think Android is fragmented, you'll eventually run into similar issues in Blackberry. Unless you avoid those apps and only used ones that are built for Blackberry.
    12-29-13 01:54 PM
    To publicize or promote, especially by extravagant, or inflated, Excessive publicity and the ensuing commotion, Exaggerated or extravagant claims
    Are you describing your original post?

Sorry, couldn't help...
    Donvald and pineappleqwer like this.
    12-29-13 01:55 PM
    Although I would agree in some parts with what you said, it isn't excatly the same... the word "share" today is something too basic compared to "unified experience". BBM is a good example, you can still share a lot of stuff in BBM for android and IOS, but is to a much lesser degree compared to Blackberry on BB10, where BBM feels built in the OS, not a running app. In that regard, IOS does the best job af all with all the proprietary stuff, at the drawback almost no costomizability

Don't get me wrong, I called it a drawback, but it is also a upside, the upside is high costomizability, and you have to sacrifice one or another, it's up to personal choice.
    It definitely is a drawback, and the element of personal choice is true.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 02:02 PM
    Again the market is not supporting your point of view. You may love what BB10 does for your, but most people really couldn't give a crap about a file manager coming with a phone or not . There are so many selling points for each OS and devices that consumers focus on what they need most.

Just admit the file manager on BB10 is better than stock Android and move on. It doesn't matter if there are billions sold or just one.
    It's better. Android has all the apps, BB10 file manager is better.
    12-29-13 02:03 PM
    And Blackberry brought that same eco system you are referring to over the Blackberry 10 with the Android Runtime. Your signature says you have the Q10 on ordered so I assume you haven't used it yet. You'd be surprised at the amount of apps in the Blackberry App World that are Android ported apps. Skype and Waze are a couple that are available on Blackberry App World that runs on top of the Android Runtime.

So if you think Android is fragmented, you'll eventually run into similar issues in Blackberry. Unless you avoid those apps and only used ones that are built for Blackberry.
    I haven't installed any android apps on my blackberry phones.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 02:03 PM
    hyped, hyp& hypes
    To publicize or promote, especially by extravagant, or inflated, Excessive publicity and the ensuing commotion, Exaggerated or extravagant claims made especially in advertising or promotional material.

Samsung pays a lot to generate hype, so does google. People fall for it and just buy, marketing = success. Sometimes you buy things you don't even need due to great marketing.

Posted via CB10
    But shouldn't a device that "lives up to the hype" for the user be what really matters? To me the first device I felt really lived up to the hype was the Samsung Galaxy S3. I had been perfectly happy with my HTC devices and the S3 wasn't really on my radar. That changed when people whose opinions I valued said great things about the S3. I paid more attention, read/watched reviews, and eventually got the device. I loved it. And I started hyping it up to others. They bought it and loved it. That's what matters, right?

BB10 was WAY hyped up around here before its launch. People were forecasting BB to overtake Apple and/or Android within the year. It was the saving grace that would put BB back on top. I bought into the hype. I was pumped. I bought the Z10 on T-Mo's launch day. I loved it, despite some speed bumps. I was riding the hype wave around here. But after the honeymoon period I realized it just wasn't complete enough for my needs. I reluctantly sold it to another fine CB member. I REALLY had wanted to love it, but unfortunately no amount of hype could make it be the best device for me.

Again, those are just my experiences and don't claim to speak for anyone else. I'm just saying that hype goes both ways.
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-29-13 02:04 PM
    Just admit the file manager on BB10 is better than stock Android and move on. It doesn't matter if there are billions sold or just one.
    It's better. Android has all the apps, BB10 file manager is better.
    Android doesn't even have a built in file manager on any nexus device.

To be better than something, that something must exist.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 02:04 PM
    hyped, hyp& hypes

Posted via CB10
    Android is hyped AND a lot of people like it. What is hard to understand about this? Over hyping doesn't mean something is better and I did't say that.

And you forgot the first definition of hype

to stimulate, excite, or agitate (usually followed by up)

She was hyped up at the thought of owning her own car.
    Hype | Define Hype at Dictionary.com

I know many Android users that were excited by all the customization, the freedom and all the features of Android when they use it for the first time. They hyped up the platform by telling the rest of their family and friends about their new thing.

Yes there is promotional hype produced by the companies who sell these devices, but there is also hype generated by the users themselves. This is why the Android ROM community thrives so well. People are excited to customize and optimize their devices even more, ad they formed and entire community out of it.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    12-29-13 02:06 PM
    Android doesn't even have a built in file manager on any nexus device.

To be better than something, that something must exist.

Posted via CB10
    Did you miss my post where I told you how to find it?
    12-29-13 02:08 PM
    Did you miss my post where I told you how to find it?
    That's not a file manager, by any means.

Androids file manager is reason enough for people to switch to Blackberry.-img_00001395.png

A file manager has appeared!

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 02:09 PM
    Android is hyped AND a lot of people like it. What is hard to understand about this? Over hyping doesn't mean something is better and I did't say that.

And you forgot the first definition of hype

Hype | Define Hype at Dictionary.com

I know many Android users that were excited by all the customization, the freedom and all the features of Android when they use it for the first time. They hyped up the platform by telling the rest of their family and friends about their new thing.

Yes there is promotional hype produced by the companies who sell these devices, but there is also hype generated by the users themselves. This is why the Android ROM community thrives so well. People are excited to customize and optimize their devices even more, ad they formed and entire community out of it.
    This is so easy to understand it's silly, except for a few who are looking for excuses. The excuses are running out.

I hope Blackberry goes back to their roots, enterprise. The built in file Explorer may be very useful then.

12-29-13 02:11 PM
586 ... 1718192021 ...