They don't 'steal' it we give it to them, by giving us very cheap hardware and free oftware they make billions selling our data to marketing companies.

Posted via CB10
    That doesn't answer the question. What makes you think Google is the only company that does it.
    12-29-13 01:11 PM
    BB10 works, android is the OS that you have to download everything to work. Android users when facing the shortcomings of the OS always come with "...but you can download a app bla bla bla"... You end up with a completely fragmetation with you experience. The average non-tech users, won't know how, or wich are the apps that are good for his phone...

With the 10.2.1 BB10 update, you can install native .APK android apps, downloading directly from android app stores.
    How is it "fragmented"? People love to throw that word around without putting any thought behind the words.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    12-29-13 01:12 PM
    That doesn't answer the question. What makes you think Google is the only company that does it.
    It's Google's whole business model. It's why they exist. BB isn't an advertising company.
    12-29-13 01:13 PM
    That's google prime source of income, they collect information, you give the permission, google sells it. No other company does it to this extent, maybe facebook but I don't use that.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 01:13 PM
    How is it "fragmented"? People love to throw that word around without putting any thought behind the words.
    Maybe they mean apps designed for one screen resolution don't really scale to a different screen resolution... oh wait...
    TgeekB and bp3dots like this.
    12-29-13 01:15 PM
    On my nexus 7, I have over 200 random files, pictures and documents left over from deleted apps. It got to the point where I could no longer effectively use the device because I had to sift through all the trash using ES File explorer. Got the microsoft Surface RT, what a difference. I make a folder, put 800 files in it and it's there forever.

Posted via CB10
    On my Z10 I have over 15 of the same picture, I had duplicates of the same songs and other random duplicates. BB10 saved all of my MMS pictures as well and I have multiple copies of those for whatever reason. I have never had this happen on Android and I have been using it since the DROID came out. I have a Galaxy Nexus with JellyBean (haven't upgraded to 4.4 yet because I barely use the device) and that hasn't happened as well. All while I have installed tons of ROMs, backups, restores and everything else.

For me, BB file management has been awful. It's ok though, I fixed it all myself.

Farming out basic functions to third party app makers can create a sense of fragmentation in an OS. It lacks cohesion. Is that better?
    I'll go ahead and say they are for samsung and htc if that adds anything. And that has been one reason I never switched to android. It feels fragmented and lazy in it's structure. I like the note 3 but the file manager is nowhere near what it is on BB 10. I mentioned my use before and I use the native file manager constantly because it can do so much. I use in app as well but not as much.
    It's been a long time now since I've used an HTC device so I don't really remember what file management on that was like. I *think* I was using a third party app called Astro for that, though.

As far as Sammy, I recall liking My Files pretty well. Again though, I don't typically use a file manager so my memory is a bit hazy on when I used them in the past. I basically keep them around as kind of a security blanket. I don't really need it most of the time, but it's nice to have around as an option. This thread has made me think more about my own file management tactics for sure lol.
    grover5 likes this.
    12-29-13 01:17 PM
    Farming out basic functions to third party app makers can create a sense of fragmentation in an OS. It lacks cohesion. Is that better?
    I was just going to write that, example File manager farmed to third party devs = fragmentation of OS.

It's simple really, hard to come to terms with but simple.

Posted via CB10
    But as I can see it's hardly a deterrent for being successful, most demanded, and most sold platform.
    It's far superior for several reasons, im not just a blackberry owner lol. I spent 700 on a s3, 700 on a s4 249 on a nexus 7. This means that I tried these products, found flaws and abandoned them. Its not like I have just use blackberry and don't have the opportunity to get something else.

I can leave blackberry whenever I want, but in my opinion it's 10000000 percent times more superior to anything android has to offer except for Apps.

If that's too complex for you to understand then you are an android fanboy unable to accept that someone disliked Android after spending 1500 dollars on its products.

Posted via CB10
    Again the market is not supporting your point of view. You may love what BB10 does for your, but most people really couldn't give a crap about a file manager coming with a phone or not . There are so many selling points for each OS and devices that consumers focus on what they need most.

Sent from my Samsung S3 using CB Forums mobile app
    Actually no, it makes little sense unless you give me examples. From what I have experienced, their ecosystem allows for quite a fluid relationship between apps. Haven't run into any "fragmentation".

12-29-13 01:18 PM
    Again the market is not supporting your point of view. You may love what BB10 does for your, but most people really couldn't give a crap about a file manager coming with a phone. There are so many selling points for each OS and devices that consumers focus on what they need most.

Who cares about the market, you and everyone else supporting the view of the market just buy whatever the market hypes up.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 01:19 PM
    But as I can see it's hardly a deterrent for being successful, most demanded, and most sold platform.
    I agree. I was just answering the question.
    bekkay likes this.
    12-29-13 01:20 PM
    That's funny becaus earlier the argument was that no one needed to manage files, and that no one needs file managers.

Yet the Android hypocrites have had more than half a billion installations of various File Managers / Explorers and many even pay for this services by buying the apps.

Not important right?

Posted via CB10
    Most Android users don't use a file manager is a true fact. People who do has the option to download it and use it as they please. Which is also a true fact. Saying Android does not have a file manager is false. They just don't have a built in app for you to use. But it's be resolved.

It's Google's whole business model. It's why they exist. BB isn't an advertising company.
    That's google prime source of income, they collect information, you give the permission, google sells it. No other company does it to this extent, maybe facebook but I don't use that.

Posted via CB10
    At least you know how Google operates. But that STILL does not answer the question of what makes you think they are THE ONLY company that does it.
    12-29-13 01:21 PM
    On my nexus 7, I have over 200 random files, pictures and documents left over from deleted apps. It got to the point where I could no longer effectively use the device because I had to sift through all the trash using ES File explorer. Got the microsoft Surface RT, what a difference. I make a folder, put 800 files in it and it's there forever.

Posted via CB10
    You couldn't use the device because of leftover files? What types of apps were you downloading lol? I like keeping my memory pretty clean too and ES makes it a breeze. Just long press, check away, tap the trashcan.
    12-29-13 01:22 PM
    Actually no, it makes little sense unless you give me examples. From what I have experienced, their ecosystem allows for quite a fluid relationship between apps. Haven't run into any "fragmentation".

You'll have to live with what I gave you. Feel free to disagree of course.
    Who cares about the market, you and everyone else supporting the view of the market just buy whatever the market hypes up.

Posted via CB10
    Poor, incorrect excuse. Typical. If you buy a blackberry it's because you "get things done". If you buy something else, it's because you're following the market. This is laughable!

Poor, incorrect excuse. Typical. If you buy a blackberry it's because you "get things done". If you buy something else, it's because you're following the market. This is laughable!

Actually, you stated it not me. You keep bringing in the market to enforce your views or make a point. I'm part of the market and buy whatever I want. But I also don't let the market affect my purchases (I'm not saying you do) but for many they buy whatever is most hyped.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 01:25 PM
    Or a marketing and sales operation either.

propeller10 and Donvald like this.
    12-29-13 01:25 PM
    Most Android users don't use a file manager is a true fact. People who do has the option to download it and use it as they please. Which is also a true fact. Saying Android does not have a file manager is false. They just don't have a built in app for you to use. But it's be resolved.

At least you know how Google operates. But that STILL does not answer the question of what makes you think they are THE ONLY company that does it.
    I'm not doing the rabbit holes and I never said they were the only company that did it. I will say you are seeking a win on a technicality while ignoring the breadth of the reality.
    12-29-13 01:26 PM

I did find that fragmentation pretty quickly.... When you have to download a different apps for different pruposes, you're now running in a OS wich each functionality was designed by different persons, different ways of coding and managing the UI... So right from the start, the layout isn't coesive. Especialy in gesture based OS, a functionality that is built in the OS is already a huge plus because the way it operates would be pretty much like the rest of the functions (in android terms is apps that you downloaded), they work about the same way, the menus are where you expect them to be, etc...

Not to mention that built in functions within a OS (or call it apps), can talk and interact between them, thing that is very difficult with a bunch of third party apps... You can see the way the Hub or BBM can interact with pretty much everything on the phone... try that with whatsapp.... you end up in the so well know "jumping between apps" on IOS and android...

Third party apps are so disconnected from the OS, that as you can see, android apps works as good in a BB10...
    12-29-13 01:27 PM
    Or a marketing and sales operation either.

I'll agree they aren't very good at either right now. I'll also point out that was unnecessary and bratty.
    12-29-13 01:27 PM
    Actually, you stated it not me. You keep bringing in the market to enforce your views or make a point. I'm part of the market and buy whatever I want. But I also don't let the market affect my purchases (I'm not saying you do) but for many they buy whatever is most hyped.
    Nevertheless, you try to affect someone else' decision. That's OK though if you are being honest and as impartial as possible. Which doesn't seem to be the case from what you describe.
    12-29-13 01:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well, you may be right. Usually something is hyped if people like it. So that would mean Android and iPhone are hyped.

12-29-13 01:30 PM
586 ... 1617181920 ...