I didn't mis-lead anyone, I had shown him a list of reason to stay away from Android. File Management while absent on pur android phones is an abomination on the rest of them. Additionally, I showed him the random files and extensions left over on an android device when you install random apps and forget about them. I showed him how major of the apps come with bloat/advertisements. And I showed him how redundantly useless most widgets were and only take up system resources. He disliked the way communication was handled on Android, he disliked how all sorts of google services were trying to ask for information all the time. One could accidently agree or accept something and end up being an active google + subscriber. There are hundreds things wrong with android, I simply showed him that the z30 had the same screen size as the s4 and a much more simpler/organized operating system, communication hub and safer eco system (as small as it is).
    I would have also disliked anything if someone presented something the way you did.
    12-29-13 12:42 PM
    Some people who bought a blackberry 10 have a need to feel justified in their decision even though its not doing well at all and even OS7 is out selling it. This is all about finding any little thing to try and justify and promote blackberry 10 when clearly even OS7 users rejected it and keep using grandpa's trusty old operating system. Sorry trying to find fault when there really is none is not going to prop up your sales of blackberry 10. I'm very happy with my Android operating system, and if you're a blackberry 10 user and happy with your mobile experience don't come knocking mine or there's going to be push back. We should just let the market decide who's OS survives and who's doesn't.

Sent from my Samsung S3 using CB Forums mobile app
    The fact that OP makes such a big deal out of it (especially when there are one click solutions) only shows that he is quite insecure with his choice. He is trying to convince himself BB10 is FAR superior due to a native file manager. You can clearly see it in every post.
    cwalt2166, TgeekB and Donvald like this.
    12-29-13 12:45 PM
    I didn't mis-lead anyone, I had shown him a list of reason to stay away from Android. File Management while absent on pur android phones is an abomination on the rest of them. Additionally, I showed him the random files and extensions left over on an android device when you install random apps and forget about them. I showed him how major of the apps come with bloat/advertisements. And I showed him how redundantly useless most widgets were and only take up system resources. He disliked the way communication was handled on Android, he disliked how all sorts of google services were trying to ask for information all the time. One could accidently agree or accept something and end up being an active google + subscriber. There are hundreds things wrong with android, I simply showed him that the z30 had the same screen size as the s4 and a much more simpler/organized operating system, communication hub and safer eco system (as small as it is).

Posted via CB10
    How can you say file managers on other Android devices are an abomination if you haven't used them though?? Also, I got random file extensions leftover from BlackBerry too. I only noticed them when I was cleaning up a memory card to use in a different device.
    Donvald likes this.
    I would have also disliked anything if someone presented something the way you did.
    There's nothing to dislike about Honestly showing how blatantly disorganized android is unless you own Android.

Posted via CB10
    How can you say file managers on other Android devices are an abomination if you haven't used them though?? Also, I got random file extensions leftover from BlackBerry too. I only noticed them when I was cleaning up a memory card to use in a different device.
    Because I have used them extensively, es File Manager is a disaster. What makes Android such a abomination is the extensions left over by random apps/services such as downloading a live wall paper. Have you seen the junk left over after you deleted the live wall paper. A Lot of this junk is accessible via let's say pdf viewer. This junk is then mixed in with important documents and it becomes cluttered and difficult to use.

Example,
    Livewallinstr.doc. < wtf?

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 12:51 PM
    The fact that OP makes such a big deal out of it (especially when there are one click solutions) only shows that he is quite insecure with his choice. He is trying to convince himself BB10 is FAR superior due to a native file manager. You can clearly see it in every post.
    So the guy who is a fan of an OS and points out an obvious strength in file management on a fan forum for that OS is insecure and trying to rationalize his purchase, as opposed to the guy who spends all his time on an OS forum other than his own constantly arguing why that OS isn't any good. That guy is secure and isn't trying to rationalize anything. That's interesting. I will now be traveling back to the planet earth.
    12-29-13 12:54 PM
    There's nothing to dislike about Honestly showing how blatantly disorganized android is unless you own Android.
    Honestly? Really?

Saying a file manager is not there is not honesty it's half lie.

Saying widgets take up resources is yet another lie when you can simply disable/delete them in an instant.

Saying widgets are useless is simply ignorant.

Pointing out random files as a negative while forgetting that apps also create random files and folders on BB10 (although in a hidden manner) is yet another misleading argument.

So is forgetting to tell that all Google service requests can easily be turned off.
    pantlesspenguin and Donvald like this.
    12-29-13 12:54 PM
    It's far superior for several reasons, im not just a blackberry owner lol. I spent 700 on a s3, 700 on a s4 249 on a nexus 7. This means that I tried these products, found flaws and abandoned them. Its not like I have just use blackberry and don't have the opportunity to get something else.

I can leave blackberry whenever I want, but in my opinion it's 10000000 percent times more superior to anything android has to offer except for Apps.

If that's too complex for you to understand then you are an android fanboy unable to accept that someone disliked Android after spending 1500 dollars on its products.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 12:56 PM
    Because I have used them extensively, es File Manager is a disaster. What makes Android such a abomination is the extensions left over by random apps/services such as downloading a live wall paper. Have you seen the junk left over after you deleted the live wall paper. A Lot of this junk is accessible via let's say pdf viewer. This junk is then mixed in with important documents and it becomes cluttered and difficult to use.

Example,
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gs.android.pop

Almost half a million people who decided to review ES File Explorer with an average rating of 4.7 will disagree with you.
    12-29-13 12:57 PM
    I'll go ahead and say they are for samsung and htc if that adds anything. And that has been one reason I never switched to android. It feels fragmented and lazy in it's structure. I like the note 3 but the file manager is nowhere near what it is on BB 10. I mentioned my use before and I use the native file manager constantly because it can do so much. I use in app as well but not as much.
    12-29-13 12:57 PM
    The same presentation that the media shows everyday about BlackBerry ? Why do they rarely show the latest Z30 if ever ?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    12-29-13 12:59 PM
    Nope, we're not talking about maps. If my friend said maps were important to him I would reccomend nothing but android since google worked years to make an amazing mapping service.
    Posted via CB10
    So what platform would you recommend if both features were equally important?

Google is only interested in providing services where you the end user integrates and hands over large amounts of your personal data to them.

Enter File Picker, a native feature built in that helps you migrate your mobile experience to their cloud google drive etc.

Google makes no money from files stored on your phone/sd card.

Posted via CB10
    What makes you so sure Google is the ONLY company in the business to "steal" your personal data?

Which is why I said, there won't be a need for third part file managers when Google improves the file picker, which they will. This has more potential because of the direct integration with apps. Until then, people will continue to use well built file managers available on Google play.
    There will always be a 3rd party everything. Not everyone will be satisfied with the stock versions. And File Picker will never enable root access. Just saying.
    bekkay likes this.
    12-29-13 01:00 PM
    The same presentation that the media shows everyday about BlackBerry ? Why do they rarely show the latest Z30 if ever ?
    Even BBRY doesn't really show the Z30 and you are complaining about the media?
    cwalt2166, Saiga, mikeo007 and 2 others like this.
    12-29-13 01:01 PM
    Honestly? Really?

Saying a file manager is not there is not honesty it's half lie.

Saying widgets take up resources is yet another lie when you can simply disable/delete them in an instant.

Saying widgets are useless is simply ignorant.

Pointing out random files as a negative while forgetting that apps also create random files and folders on BB10 (although in a hidden manner) is yet another misleading argument.

So is forgetting to tell that all Google service requests can easily be turned off.
    So the average buyer gets all these instructions when they buy android?

No they don't, there's no sticker that says

1. Don't text and drive
    2. Don't forget to turn off all Google Services
    3. Widgets can be disabled/deleted as they take up valuable resources

Instead, they follow the set up instructions, get conned by google and become farmed indefinitely. Load up apps for the hell of it, and leave widgets idling for no reason but end up opening the same widget using its app icon.

In my profession we need to be organized, and android is definitely not the OS to do it.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 01:01 PM
    So what platform would you recommend if both features were equally important?

What makes you so sure Google is the ONLY company in the business to "steal" your personal data?

There will always be a 3rd party everything. Not everyone will be satisfied with the stock versions. And File Picker will never enable root access. Just saying.
    They don't 'steal' it we give it to them, by giving us very cheap hardware and free oftware they make billions selling our data to marketing companies.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 01:03 PM
    So the average buyer gets all these instructions when they buy android?

No they don't, there's no sticker that says

1. Don't text and drive
    2. Don't forget to turn off all Google Services
    3. Widgets can be disabled/deleted as they take up valuable resources

Instead, they follow the set up instructions, get conned by google and become farmed indefinitely. Load up apps for the hell of it, and leave widgets idling for no reason but end up opening the same widget using its app icon.

In my profession we need to be organized, and android is definitely not the OS to do it.

Posted via CB10
    Ooops, do people get instructions on how to sideload?

In any case, you really don't need any instructions to delete widgets. Just long press and delete and they are gone. Just like you don't need instructions to move icons around on your Z30.
    12-29-13 01:04 PM
    How do you know every single Android owner likes their phone, that quite speculative and unrealistic. Every brand has its fair share of deserters who leave and switch between brands and Android isn't immune to this. Its a grandiose delusion to think that everyone loves Android. If that was true I wouldn't have left, and there wouldn't be as many android phones for sale on kijiji or ebay.
    Look at the numbers. They grow every day. Pretty simple.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    12-29-13 01:05 PM
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gs.android.pop

Almost half a million people who decided to review ES File Explorer with an average rating of 4.7 will disagree with you.
    That's funny becaus earlier the argument was that no one needed to manage files, and that no one needs file managers.

Yet the Android hypocrites have had more than half a billion installations of various File Managers / Explorers and many even pay for this services by buying the apps.

Not important right?

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 01:05 PM

Example,

Posted via CB10
    I was referring to native file managers designed by the manufacturer, not third party ones. Those file managers are part of the device's OS and work out of the box.

I'm not sure why you have such a problem with ES? Works great for me and millions of others. What would you like it to do that it doesn't?

And like I said, BlackBerry puts random stuff onto your card as well. I have a random empty folder called BlackBerry A080 and I don't know where it came from. I used the same memory card in my Z10. Then again it may be from BBM. However I do know that legacy BBs also left stuff on my card, like I mentioned previously.
    bekkay likes this.
    12-29-13 01:06 PM
    It's far superior for several reasons, im not just a blackberry owner lol. I spent 700 on a s3, 700 on a s4 249 on a nexus 7. This means that I tried these products, found flaws and abandoned them. Its not like I have just use blackberry and don't have the opportunity to get something else.

I can leave blackberry whenever I want, but in my opinion it's 10000000 percent times more superior to anything android has to offer except for Apps.

If that's too complex for you to understand then you are an android fanboy unable to accept that someone disliked Android after spending 1500 dollars on its products.

Posted via CB10
    And I've used both a Z10 and a Nexus 5 and find the Nexus 5 far superior. What have we proven?

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    12-29-13 01:07 PM
    That's funny becaus earlier the argument was that no one needed to manage files, and that no one needs file managers.

Yet the Android hypocrites have had more than half a billion installations of various File Managers / Explorers and many even pay for this services by buying the apps.

Not important right?
    You may want to respond to those individuals who said that directly. I never have.

So, it's not particularly wise of you to quote me to bring up an unrelated argument.
    12-29-13 01:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    You lost credibility when you said Android sucks completely since it lacks a native file manager. You are obviously making a huge deal out of this. You have been constantly posting on this thread since last night. You should rest.
    Donvald likes this.
    12-29-13 01:09 PM
    I was referring to native file managers designed by the manufacturer, not third party ones. Those file managers are part of the device's OS and work out of the box.

I'm not sure why you have such a problem with ES? Works great for me and millions of others. What would you like it to do that it doesn't?

And like I said, BlackBerry puts random stuff onto your card as well. I have a random empty folder called BlackBerry A080 and I don't know where it came from. I used the same memory card in my Z10. Then again it may be from BBM. However I do know that legacy BBs also left stuff on my card, like I mentioned previously.
    Will it allow me to access files on my computers at work or the house or apartment and move and edit files between my device and those computers while in another state?
    12-29-13 01:09 PM

On my nexus 7, I have over 200 random files, pictures and documents left over from deleted apps. It got to the point where I could no longer effectively use the device because I had to sift through all the trash using ES File explorer. Got the microsoft Surface RT, what a difference. I make a folder, put 800 files in it and it's there forever.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 01:10 PM
    Widgets are useless? What is that nonsense? Are active frames useless when they show data right from the frame? It's essentially the same thing with less features.

Widgets are awesome. I can have the data I want on any screen I want that can update at real time or select intervals that I choose.

Widgets can be used to glance at for quick information, and they can be to interact with.

One main grip I have with BB10 is that I can't pin my Active Frames into a spot where I want it. If I use two apps the most, I want them to be my top two apps. Not pushed down the list and eventually closed if I hit 8 apps.
    12-29-13 01:10 PM
586 ... 1516171819 ...