Maybe if the op had named this thread.....good enough reason WHY SOME people Should.
    The file manager is good but how do you sell this to someone who's got no concept of what a file manager is or why anyone should want one? That's the problem!
    21stNow likes this.
    12-28-13 05:32 PM
    Is it girls in yoga pants? Or the under the bridge channel?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Hmm, you seem to be stuck on a couple, best not get too entrenched, you might miss out on all the fun of the fair.

No, mine has my name in it, and, here's a clue for you....

*whisper*

It's in my signature below...
    12-28-13 05:33 PM
    How could I? You haven't sent me my new BlackBerry yet!
    Pah!

You buy one like you promised!
    12-28-13 05:33 PM
    OK, my 3rd attempt to keep on topic.

I need a File Manager, much like my desktop, I like to keep all my files in relevant folders, do we not all use this type of functionality on our desktops, why not our phones, or should I say Smartphone... Where I'm going with this is that these two technologies are converging into each other, the phone is becoming more like a computer and the computer is becoming more like a phone (Eg. Windows 8.2). Having a file manager just makes sense to me.

Posted using my beloved Z30
    12-28-13 05:34 PM
    Ah, you're too kind.

Now, don't forget, once you've grabbed your BB10 (which one did you get BTW?) to nip over to AC and tell them all how great it is.

I'm sure they'll appreciate being educated properly!
    They're a bunch of dopes over there. They think Android is so cool because it has all the apps. But does it have a hub? No! Is it used to run nuclear power plants? No! Can it sell less than 10 million devices a quarter? No! What do they know?
    12-28-13 05:34 PM
    Maybe if the op had named this thread.....good enough reason WHY SOME people Should.
    The file manager is good but how do you sell this to someone who's got no concept of what a file manager is or why anyone should want one? That's the problem!
    Does everyone need one? That is the question. I don't see people having difficulties. Not saying in certain situations it might not be handy, but that's a small number. JMHO.
    12-28-13 05:37 PM
    I've only had my z10 about a month. I looked at the z30 at the time and liked it a lot...but it's just too large. I carry my phone in my pocket and couldn't imagine having to walk around with that in my pocket..especially not at work. Once you put some type of protective case on it the thing is down right huge. At least imo. It is a beautiful device none the less. Almost wish I could have talked myself into it, but it would not have been the right choice for me.

Z10
    12-28-13 05:37 PM
    They're a bunch of dopes over there. They think Android is so cool because it has all the apps. But does it have a hub? No! Is it used to run nuclear power plants? No! Can it sell less than 10 million devices a quarter? No! What do they know?
    Samsung sells more than blackberry,so your point is what?

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    12-28-13 05:40 PM

Shh! I was just joking. (says in a whisper voice)
    12-28-13 05:42 PM
    I must admit i'm surprised android doesn't come with file manager. Sure, there are a few really good ones in Play store, but today when I tried transferring some songs from phone to tablet.. share option wasn't there! And it's one of the top apps.

I like that you can access application (root) data: I had a bug in my code that I only fixed after user sent me application database
    12-28-13 05:44 PM
    Yup, I know, you only come over here for the intelligent conversation...

Erm, BTW, just so's you know (I know you're new to all this), BB10 doesn't actually run a nuclear power station..

I mean, it's just a daft idea, isn't it! That someone would be stood there playing around with a phone doing something like that!

You so silly sometimes...
    12-28-13 05:46 PM
    Yup, I know, you only come over here for the intelligent conversation...

Erm, BTW, just so's you know (I know you're new to all this), BB10 doesn't actually run a nuclear power station..

I mean, it's just a daft idea, isn't it! That someone would be stood there playing around with a phone doing something like that!

You so silly sometimes...
    Oh sorry. I thought, you know, QNX...... What about a rocket? Can it run a rocket?
    MERCDROID likes this.
    12-28-13 05:49 PM
    It's a must, any logical operating system must be able to manage it's self.

Unless you are a delusional android owner this makes perfect sense.

Posted via CB10
    Wait a second.... I thought the initial argument was Android doesn't include a file manager app for the user to use. Now you're saying Android is incapable of managing itself? Android, being Linux based does indeed have a file management system that's more than capable of managing itself.
    I could go with saying Blackberry has a better file management system, but to say Android does not even have one is stretching it don't you think?
    TgeekB, MERCDROID and bekkay like this.
    12-28-13 05:52 PM
    Oh sorry. I thought, you know, QNX...... What about a rocket? Can it run a rocket?
    It really runs on rockets. I saw QNX in a full sprint during the last launch.
    TgeekB, MERCDROID and bekkay like this.
    12-28-13 05:53 PM

Lol, You do know what sarcasm is, right!?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-28-13 06:04 PM
    I have a z10, can I install apps directly from the play store?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    But, his point is that Google Play isn't a native app store for OS10 devices. And, you need a leaked OS to use the app. Then, you need to sideload the app.

Android devices are being "knocked" for having to download a file manager. So, it's only logical that OS10 devices be "knocked" for having to use a leaked OS and sideloaded apps, right?

It's already being implimented, would you like to see? Play Store recognizes the Blackberry Z10 as a Play compatible device. Any questions?
    Attached Thumbnails Androids file manager is reason enough for people to switch to Blackberry.-screenshot-48-.png  
    MERCDROID likes this.
    12-28-13 06:19 PM
    It's already being implimented, would you like to see? Play Store recognizes the Blackberry Z10 as a Play compatible device. Any questions?
    I can't make out any of the text...

But, if this is true, then that's awesome!!

12-28-13 06:28 PM

Unfortunately it's not. The devices are added to your google profile by using Snap. If you install Android on a VM for instance, you can make any name you want appear in Google Play.
    12-28-13 06:46 PM
    Glad to see Android is helping you out in your time of need. JK!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-28-13 06:49 PM

You can tap the image, and it should enlarge on your devices screen.
    12-28-13 06:50 PM
    You shouldn't need to download a file explorer, how does that even make sense. How can you make an operating system that isn't accountable for its files/directories?

Posted via CB10
    you also shouldnt need to download snap to have apps but bb10 does just that, you also get instantly told by cbers to install 10.2.we to directly install apks so bb10 doesnt work right out of the box. id take installing a more thorough free file manager over going through all those leaks and manual apk updates after initial install and sideloading black markets like 1mobile, fdroid or blackmart (amazon is a legit store obviously)

all android come with a file manager, i had a stock google one with a file manager that sorted through the sd card easy peasy, you need a more complicated one if youre one of those who wants to rifle through the system folders instead to delete system apks etc
    12-28-13 07:03 PM
    Similar to how BlackBerry 10 users have multiple solutions to the app problem right!?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    *obscure workaround only known if you follow crackberry forums
    12-28-13 07:08 PM
    Wait a second.... I thought the initial argument was Android doesn't include a file manager app for the user to use. Now you're saying Android is incapable of managing itself? Android, being Linux based does indeed have a file management system that's more than capable of managing itself.
    I could go with saying Blackberry has a better file management system, but to say Android does not even have one is stretching it don't you think?
    Where is it?

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 07:39 PM
    Where is it?

Posted via CB10
    It's too complicated, fragmented, and full of malware for you to understand.
    12-28-13 07:42 PM
    It's too complicated, fragmented, and full of malware for you to understand.
    And it's no where to be found!

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 07:47 PM
586 ... 7891011 ...