Has this thread gone off topic?

Android file manager is inferior to BlackBerry os10 file manager but -
    File managers aren't very interesting to the average user - People just expect photo app for photos, music app for music etc.,
    Phone reviews dont tend to discuss file managers, it's like watching Top Gear and expecting them to pop up the bonet or discuss tyre pressures, borring borring borring, next.
    A lot of Android users never use the file manager and those who want a file manager download one of the dozen or so free ones available in the app store.
    Most people are happy with that unless they have OCD or something...and want to see all their files tidy in folders they burn them onto cd media instead of using the dropbox app like and self respecting app junkie would. Look at this app look at that app, android is about the apps stupid. Oh oh BlackBerry you have one app called a file manager and it can do a.b.c...z Oh sorry I fell asleep between c and z and by the way isnt there an app for that. oh sorry (again) this is the app but you said it did a.b.c and so why don't you have an app for d. isn't that complicated? So you say the drop box app is in the file manager, but why isn't the file manager in the drop box app? Hang on whats a file manager?
    TgeekB, m1kr0 and RH1Pearl like this.
    12-28-13 04:43 PM
    Just catching up here, wasn't going to jump in, but remember when you asked me to show you where you make the same argument repeatedly and I didn't want to go searching through your post history? Here it is again.

Only telling you because you asked previously. It's always...always...the same thing from you.

Posted via CB10
    Facts are facts. If a file manager was important to people they would sell. How is that wrong?
    12-28-13 04:44 PM

File managers aren't very interesting to the average user - People just expect photo app for photos, music app for music etc.,
    Phone reviews dont tend to discuss file managers, it's like watching Top Gear and expecting them to pop up the bonet or discuss tyre pressures, borring borring borring, next.
    A lot of Android users never use the file manager and those who want a file manager download one of the dozen or so free ones available in the app store.
    Most people are happy with that unless they have OCD or something...and want to see all their files tidy in folders they burn them onto cd media instead of using the dropbox app like and self respecting app junkie would. Look at this app look at that app, android is about the apps stupid. Oh oh BlackBerry you have one app called a file manager and it can do a.b.c...z Oh sorry I fell asleep between c and z and by the way isnt there an app for that. oh sorry (again) this is the app but you said it did a.b.c and so why don't you have an app for d. isn't that complicated? So you say the drop box app is in the file manager, but why isn't the file manager in the drop box app? Hang on whats a file manager?
    Go home you are drunk!

Posted via CB10
    https://www.helpscout.net/blog/why-s...his-customers/ you guys should read this. It's relevant to what the thread has morphed into.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    But it's not, it's the whole package. Blackberry really isn't that far away. The apps hurt but mainly it was timing. Nothing will make up for being late to the party.
    IOS started it all with the iphone and Ipad... Android has been playing catch up for the first 2-3 years, where it simply wasn't as smooth and reliable as IOS.
    12-28-13 04:46 PM
    Facts are facts. If a file manager was important to people they would sell. How is that wrong?
    Android users don't have 'files' to manage, this is the main android user argument and it's not true since a lot of professionals, engineers, business men, medical staff use android.

Managing files is important and MUST be built into the OS, you cannot deny this logically.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 04:46 PM
    I can completely understand. The seamless, totally integrated file management capabilities of BB10 even make using my MacBook Pro seem cumbersome at times (I want to share this document/video/song/web page right now, dang it!), let alone the mess that is Android.
    Davidro1 likes this.
    12-28-13 04:48 PM

I agree... althoght it is a good feature, it isn't a selling point. 95% of the people open and close apps, and that's it...
    IOS started it all with the iphone and Ipad... Android has been playing catch up for the first 2-3 years, where it simply wasn't as smooth and reliable as IOS.
    Very true, but the market was still young. Android has come a long way and is now leading in many areas. I just don't see how BlackBerry can squeeze in there.
    you do realize this is a comparison thread started by the OP, correct?

maybe you missed that in between your disturbing bouts of belly busting laughter
    To be honest, I was mocking the 5 or 6 people that continually write posts like this. I have seen a couple in this thread. My experience is that BB10 file manager is a lot easier to use than anything on Android. There are a Ton of file managers on Android. Just like everything else on Android they are fragmented. None of them don't the same things efficiently. Ghost Commander is about the best I have seen but that is because of its UI more than anything. I have a friend that has a Samsung Galaxy 10.1 and he has 3 DIFFERENT File managers on it because one does what another does not. So yes, BB10 file manager is better, especially when you throw in RFA baked in. Oh yeah, in a comparison of File Management Sales Don't count. That is a lame sidetrack, just lame.

Posted Via CB10 via Z10 via BB10
    12-28-13 04:49 PM
    Hi chuck!

Miss me?

No they wouldn't.

Not unless someone showed them why it was important and/or useful, which I believe the OP did and guess what?

KERCHING!
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    12-28-13 04:51 PM
    I can completely understand. The seamless, totally integrated file management capabilities of BB10 even make using my MacBook Pro seem cumbersome at times (I want to share this document/video/song/web page right now, dang it!), let alone the mess that is Android.
    There is a share icon always at the ready almost everywhere on Android. You can share things between apps, via email or text, or publicly on social media apps. It's very simple.
    12-28-13 04:51 PM
    Hi chuck!

Miss me?

No they wouldn't.

Not unless someone showed them why it was important and/or useful, which I believe the OP did and guess what?

KERCHING!
    Hey dude! Pure speculation on your part, but I can appreciate the enthusiasm.
    12-28-13 04:53 PM
    Hey dude! Pure speculation on your part, but I can appreciate the enthusiasm.
    Hey baby!

Er,

No, he said it right there.

And thanks for the wink....

Cheeky!
    MERCDROID likes this.
    12-28-13 04:54 PM
    Very true, but the market was still young. Android has come a long way and is now leading in many areas. I just don't see how BlackBerry can squeeze in there.
    It couldn't... that's why BB10 failed, it went to a saturated market without anything "new enought". That's why Jonh Chen is taking it back to enterprise roots, to differentiate blackberry again as a buisness phone, the place where blackberry is good at and should never have left. Blackberry now only needs to use the great BB10 assets, and make prductivity based phones, that also are capable of "having fun", because today's buisnessman don't want to have 2 phones again...
    mkelley65 likes this.
    12-28-13 04:55 PM
    It couldn't... that's why BB10 failed, it went to a saturated market without anything "new enought". That's why Jonh Chen is taking it back to enterprise roots, to differentiate blackberry again as a buisness phone, the place where blackberry is good at and should never have left. Blackberry now only needs to use the great BB10 assets, and make prductivity based phones, that also are capable of "having fun", because today's buisnessman don't want to have 2 phones again...
    I totally agree with this move. Enterprise is their only hope. They will not make a dent in the consumer market for a loooooong time.
    12-28-13 04:57 PM
    There is a share icon always at the ready almost everywhere on Android. You can share things between apps, via email or text, or publicly on social media apps. It's very simple.
    Is there? Is there really?

Android has all that?

Wow. It's amazing.
    12-28-13 04:57 PM
    I totally agree with this move. Enterprise is their only hope. They will not make a dent in the consumer market for a loooooong time.
    Well, they won't with your spelling.
    TgeekB likes this.
    12-28-13 04:58 PM
    Hey baby!

Er,

No, he said it right there.

And thanks for the wink....

Cheeky!
    Are you drunk again?
    12-28-13 04:58 PM
    Is there? Is there really?

Android has all that?

Wow. It's amazing.
    Umm.... You are drinking!
    12-28-13 04:59 PM
    In the end it all depends on the person and what kind of mobile experience they want to create for them selves.

Each does something better than the other but it's a major flop on google for having a unfinished operating system that doesn't natively manage it's Directories/Folders/Files/Attachments/pictures/videos/music. And requires the aid of a third party app to do such a important task.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 05:01 PM
    In the end it all depends on the person and what kind of mobile experience they want to create for them selves.

Each does something better than the other but it's a major flop on google for having a unfinished operating system that doesn't natively manage it's Directories/Folders/Files/Attachments/pictures/videos/music. And requires the aid of a third party app to do such a important task.
    Posted via CB10
    I agree with your first paragraph. The second is not important to 99% of users.
    21stNow likes this.
    12-28-13 05:04 PM
    Why doesn't Google buy the company behind swiftkey to make it native across android.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    They don't need to imo. The Google keyboard is constantly improving.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    TgeekB and Drew808 like this.
    12-28-13 05:05 PM
    Umm.... You are drinking!
    No, It's great! It does all this stuff.

How exciting.
    12-28-13 05:06 PM
    They don't need to imo. The Google keyboard is constantly improving.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    So, why isn't it there yet?

It's great, BTW.
    12-28-13 05:06 PM
586 ... 56789 ...