A Lot of great points from both sides of the argument, I was simply pointing out that for some like my self who have over 800 pdf files, power points and documents an os with a reliable native file manager is a must. I'm not saying file manager alone will be a selling point for some but I'm sure there are those that if this was pointed out to might refrain from buying android specifically since a built in file manager is abset. But I bet no representatives tell customers 'but the file manager is non existent and downloaded/transfered files will become disorganized but you can download a app to do that'.

Just saying, good points!

For me it's a must! And when showed to co-worked it was important for them too.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 234111
    12-28-13 02:53 PM
    There are some who care a lot for a built in file manager. This has nothing to do with the sales. It's funny how sales numbers are often used in here to avoid an argument. When something important is missing, it's missing. Despite sales numbers.

Z on Channels
    But sales do matter in determining importance of features. Even if you take out 70% of Android sales and the remaining 30% are what you can call "Prosumers" or Tech geeks or Adults not swayed by the crowd, this group still easily outnumber BB10 users. Run a poll in this group and I bet File Manager is not tops in their list.
    12-28-13 03:07 PM
    Ok. File manager is a big deal. That's why people buy BB10 devices and they are doing so well. File managers are a big selling point for the public.

I stand corrected.
    With respect, you're missing the point.

No-one is saying that File Manager is a big deal and quite clearly for the vast majority of iphone or android buyers, File Manger is of no importance at all

But, in the specific circumstances set out in some detail by the OP, then File Manager is a crucial element and clearly a deciding factor in why he rejected the android route
    12-28-13 03:09 PM
    People don't just consider a phone a phone but a handsize computer(smartphone) and a computer has a file manager and does not need a App to do that. This is why people consider a OS should have it built-in and not have to download a 3rd party App.

Posted via CB10
    I agree. I'd love for each and every mobile OS to have a native file manager. A native app will always be better than a third-party solution. But, with that said, I think it's safe to say, that it's not as big of a deal to most people as it is to some.

I just don't think a file manager should be the only reason that someone chooses one OS versus the others: several other factors should come into play. Otherwise, that person's not making a very informed decision.

Just my opinion.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    12-28-13 03:10 PM
    Sales numbers are not relevant to this topic.

Posted using my beloved Z30
    12-28-13 03:10 PM
    Gotcha. I don't think that's enough for users to switch, especially considering they have multiple solutions to the problem.

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    Similar to how BlackBerry 10 users have multiple solutions to the app problem right!?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    bradu1, Mecca EL and SDTRMG like this.
    12-28-13 03:12 PM
    Sales numbers are not relevant to this topic.

Posted using my beloved Z30
    I know. It really pisses me off that they bring that up to any topic... and there is no consequences for them to derail legitimate threads......

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    12-28-13 03:15 PM
    Similar to how BlackBerry 10 users have multiple solutions to the app problem right!?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    Nope that's not the same. I can buy insert android phone here and download all my apps from my legitimate app store. I can't do that with my z10 unless I sideload, or install a leak that'll allow me to install snap, Amazon store, or download apks directly from the Web.

TgeekB, mikeo007 and Drew808 like this.
    12-28-13 03:17 PM
    Nope that's not the same. I can buy insert android phone here and download all my apps from my legitimate app store. I can't do that with my z10 unless I sideload, or install a leak that'll allow me to install snap, Amazon store, or download apks directly from the Web.

Google play isn't a legitimate app store? You clearly aren't following the new methods and evolution of BB10.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    ghundiraj, SDTRMG and Mecca EL like this.
    12-28-13 03:20 PM
    The OP used his term as an exaggeration or hyperbole. Reason enough to...

This is ok. It's not to be rebutted as "literal" truth. It's a way of saying things.

I agree that the architecture and user options of the OS10 in my Z10 was One Very Good Reason to get the Z10, right from the beginning eleven months ago, no matter how much I screamed at the flaws of that season's implementation.

I've never downloaded leaks or android side loads to compensate for flaws. So there.

Within X number of years all these complaints shall be history. Our devices shall be better and we as buyers and users shall understand better our personal preferences, responsibilities and prerogatives.

..."install______leak, or sideload this app" ... use cb as your measuring stick feel free to use Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and the other BB forum.
    Wait, are you saying there's another forum?

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 03:22 PM
    Google play isn't a legitimate app store? You clearly aren't following the new methods and evolution of BB10.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    I have a z10, can I install apps directly from the play store?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    12-28-13 03:22 PM
    I have a z10, can I install apps directly from the play store?

Yeah... that's what Snap is. a app linked to Google play. You need 10.2.1 for it to work.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    SDTRMG likes this.
    12-28-13 03:25 PM
    Yeah... that's what Snap is. a app linked to Google play. You need 10.2.1 for it to work.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    So in other words I'll have to install a "leak os ". Right?

TgeekB, Drew808, 21stNow and 1 others like this.
    12-28-13 03:27 PM

Not when it comes out this month(January) .

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-28-13 03:28 PM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    But, his point is that Google Play isn't a native app store for OS10 devices. And, you need a leaked OS to use the app. Then, you need to sideload the app.

Android devices are being "knocked" for having to download a file manager. So, it's only logical that OS10 devices be "knocked" for having to use a leaked OS and sideloaded apps, right?

TgeekB, Acidwire, Donvald and 2 others like this.
    12-28-13 03:33 PM
    Ok but shouldn't google be required to provide an os that self manages it's directories and files... whether or not you think this is important or can be handled by third party apps is irrelevant. Its the basis of any operating system, built in file management.

In it's current state, all the apps fight for permission to view, edit and operate certain file extensions. This is quite hectic and unorganized, there is no argument that justifies this as functional.

Download winzip apps, and bittorent apps and see what/where folders they make.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 03:33 PM
    Not true at all. However you basically described the os10 experience to a T. You knowdownloading os's, sideloading apps, spin around 3 times then press the power button etc etc etc. I'll take downloading a file explorer over the solutions BB users have to go through in order to get a decent experience any day.

But that's the "andorid experience" is all about downloading apps, play games, share on facebook and twitter, and all that... When it comes to real comunicating stuff, you simply get it done faster in a OS10... or OS7.... When you reply a email, a sms, a call, etc, you just do it faster in a blackberry, and to me thats how "fast" a phone has to be, not how fast the processor is...

Download everything is cool for geeks, but not everybody is a geek, some people just want a phone that works right away.

This christmas I bought a android phone to my mom, a 5.5 inch, because she loves playing her puzzle games on my tablet, so I decided to give her a phone, wich she is loving. But i bouhgt it for the apps, android is king in apps, and that's what is going to be the main use of her phone. She's still learning how to use the phone, but I still think that she would learn quicker the basic functions with a iphone or bb10
    12-28-13 03:35 PM
    But, his point is that Google Play isn't a native app store for OS10 devices. And, you need a leaked OS to use the app. Then, you need to sideload the app.

Android devices are being "knocked" for having to download a file manager. So, it's only logical that OS10 devices be "knocked" for having to use a leaked OS and sideloaded apps, right?

If we're going to keep things equal yes. But it won't be a leaked OS for long. The next step is for BlackBerry to lock in a deal with Google.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    MERCDROID, Mecca EL and SDTRMG like this.
    12-28-13 03:36 PM
    But that's the "andorid experience" is all about downloading apps, play games, share on facebook and twitter, and all that... When it comes to real comunicating stuff, you simply get it done faster in a OS10... or OS7.... When you reply a email, a sms, a call, etc, you just do it faster in a blackberry, and to me thats how "fast" a phone has to be, not how fast the processor is...

Download everything is cool for geeks, but not everybody is a geek, some people just want a phone that works right away.

This christmas I bought a android phone to my mom, a 5.5 inch, because she loves playing her puzzle games on my tablet, so I decided to give her a phone, wich she is loving. But i bouhgt it for the apps, android is king in apps, and that's what is going to be the main use of her phone. She's still learning how to use the phone, but I still think that she would learn quicker the basic functions with a iphone or bb10
    How is making a call, or sending an email or text faster on a BlackBerry than any other smartphone currently available?

TgeekB, Mecca EL, bp3dots and 2 others like this.
    12-28-13 03:38 PM

At least the leaked os has a decent file browser, and is WAY snapier than any android, even when BB10 is working with half the cores... Iphone 5s proved how crap android OS is... with a dual core at a slow 1.3ghz, 1gb of ram, completely obliterates top spec android phones not only in benchmarks, but also in real world use like opening a app, or loading a website. The fact the BB10 running a runtime of andorid runs android apps better than a lot of android phones, already tells you something...
    12-28-13 03:39 PM
    How is making a call, or sending an email or text faster on a BlackBerry than any other smartphone currently available?

The sharing system since 10.2 is incredible. I can find what I'm looking for and share it to whoever in seconds.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    12-28-13 03:40 PM
    But sales do matter in determining importance of features. Even if you take out 70% of Android sales and the remaining 30% are what you can call "Prosumers" or Tech geeks or Adults not swayed by the crowd, this group still easily outnumber BB10 users. Run a poll in this group and I bet File Manager is not tops in their list.
    My point is that sales numbers, however great they can be, are not relevant for the argument. But many, including you, keep spouting numbers when it comes to stuff they don't have on their phones. In this case, a native file manager. The numbers don't add to the conversation. It just says: "look at our sales! We don't need this or that because we already have the users."

Z on Channels
    12-28-13 03:43 PM
    At least the leaked os has a decent file browser, and is WAY snapier than any android, even when BB10 is working with half the cores... Iphone 5s proved how crap android OS is... with a dual core at a slow 1.3ghz, 1gb of ram, completely obliterates top spec android phones not only in benchmarks, but also in real world use like opening a app, or loading a website. The fact the BB10 running a runtime of andorid runs android apps better than a lot of android phones, already tells you something...
    It tells me nothing. I can't tell the difference between browser speed, app opening etc etc between ios/android/BB10.

12-28-13 03:45 PM
    Lol, and you're sure you're not being paid by Samsung? :sly:

Paid by Samsung?I still have my playbook and curve. ....so no.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    MERCDROID likes this.

First of all, BB keyboard is more acurate.... then, you can be playing your angribirds or watching netfilix, and you don't even have to exit the app to get to the "hub" where all your sms and emails pop up. if you have as Q10, you have speed dial, wich is basicly calling someone at a touch of 1 single button... Blackberry is the only smartphone that realy does what is called "multitasking"

this might let you lern something about BB10. So you have a much better message/email integration, and better keyboard, wich saves time... in android and IOS you are jumping from app to app to get stuff done.
    MERCDROID and DiegoV_G like this.
586 12345 ...