Wow that's the most unfanboy comment I have ever seen you post.

You also have to remember June is coming along with the new iPhone there will be a wave of android devices. I'm sure all of these devices will take a nice chunk out of the RIM customer base.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    the new Iphone wont take much of a hit on BB. Most people wont jump to AT&T for a phone, unless there already part of AT&T and want to leave a BB 9700 for an Iphone, which I doubt since the 9700 Bold is a very solid good Blackberry.

as far as Androids, well its either you hate em or love em. Obviously I would never get an Android, but if people need a Blackberry, they wont be switching. People who switch from BB to another brand most likely never needed a Blackberry in the first place.
    04-10-10 11:34 AM
    I've had my Storm 2 for two days now and already wanna sell it. I'm starting to hate the click screen.

But yeah, the only thing BB has going for it is BBM. Were it not for this, I never would have bought my Storm 2 or Bold (need it for lengthy emails tho).

I'll be selling my iPhone once the new one releases.
    04-10-10 11:37 AM
    Wow that's the most unfanboy comment I have ever seen you post.

You also have to remember June is coming along with the new iPhone there will be a wave of android devices. I'm sure all of these devices will take a nice chunk out of the RIM customer base.

Exactly. I'm not sure exactly what the ratio is but I'd guess that at this point a large part of RIM's customer base are non-business users. I'm sure they'll keep most of their business customers but the rest will do like me and change to an Android (or iPhone) once they're eligible for an upgrade or their contract is up. And again, that's the sentiment that I see being expressed more and more here on CB and other forums .
    04-10-10 11:41 AM
    the new Iphone wont take much of a hit on BB. Most people wont jump to AT&T for a phone, unless there already part of AT&T and want to leave a BB 9700 for an Iphone, which I doubt since the 9700 Bold is a very solid good Blackberry.

as far as Androids, well its either you hate em or love em. Obviously I would never get an Android, but if people need a Blackberry, they wont be switching. People who switch from BB to another brand most likely never needed a Blackberry in the first place.
    Thats funny seeing as At&t's customer base is dominated by iPhone users who came from other carriers. At&t wasn't always mentioned with Sprint and Verizon the iPhone changed that for them, and only the iPhone.
    04-10-10 08:40 PM
    Thats funny seeing as At&t's customer base is dominated by iPhone users who came from other carriers. At&t wasn't always mentioned with Sprint and Verizon the iPhone changed that for them, and only the iPhone.
    But wait until the Verizon iPhone comes later this year. It'll put AT&T out of business. The most popular touchscreen phone on the best carrier = win!
    04-10-10 10:38 PM
    But wait until the Verizon iPhone comes later this year. It'll put AT&T out of business. The most popular touchscreen phone on the best carrier = win!
    I'm not saying that, this will not happen, all I was saying is its silly to think people won't leave carriers for a phone, when the iPhone clearly shows they will

04-10-10 10:53 PM
    I'm not saying that, this will not happen, all I was saying is its silly to think people won't leave carriers for a phone, when the iPhone clearly shows they will

True. I went to AT&T for the iPhone and love it (the iPhone) but hate AT&T. Now if Jobs can just get us that Verizon iPhone now.....
    04-10-10 10:55 PM
    Soo I've played witt thee droid; nd thee browser is better then thee BB; but I didn't lykk it watts so ever; simplyy prolli cause it was a touch. But for some reason...idk jst wasn't for mi haha.

04-10-10 11:28 PM
    Soo I've played witt thee droid; nd thee browser is better then thee BB; but I didn't lykk it watts so ever; simplyy prolli cause it was a touch. But for some reason...idk jst wasn't for mi haha.

Cool now can you say that in English please?
    04-10-10 11:30 PM
    Cool now can you say that in English please?
    I think he's typing on a BB Storm.
    04-11-10 07:59 AM
    I think he's typing on a BB Storm.
    LOL!!! Whatever he/she is typing on they need to trade it in fast!!!

04-11-10 11:06 AM
    Opera Mini posted my post twice. Sorry.
    04-11-10 11:07 AM
    I used a Pearl for a few months, then switched to a Curve on Verizon. I had it for a year and a half and really enjoyed it, but on the day the Droid Eris went on sale, I bought one. Now, almost five months later - I just bought a used Tour. In a nutshell - there are a lot of cool features about Android. The "killer app" for me was the synchronization of Gmail & Calendar. It worked flawlessly. However...to use it daily as a phone/email device, it's making me crazy. The Eris is too slow and too small. I absolutely cannot type on it, and trust me, I have been trying. The best I do is when I rotate to landscape mode, but because the Eris is slow, the lag is painful. I don't know what it is going to be like switching to a non-touch phone after having one, but I should find out tomorrow

Next fall, when I'm due for another upgrade, I will definitely look at Android phones. Perhaps if I were using a faster/bigger phone like the Nexus One, or the soon to be released Incredible, I might have had a different experience. But for me, for right now - I just want to be able to quickly communicate with my phone, and right now - that means Blackberry.
    04-12-10 02:23 PM
    a Blackberry is like a not so hot chick , but is really good in bed. and Android is like a really hot chick, but terrible in bed. IMO
    04-12-10 03:03 PM
    I have went from BB Pearl -> BB Storm -> BB Tour -> BB Storm 2 (returned it pretty quickly lol) -> Droid.

After using all of those I can without a doubt say that the Android OS is the best I have ever used. I had tried an iphone also and own an ipod touch. There is nothing that a BB does better than the Android OS.
    04-12-10 03:11 PM
    Android phones all seem to be either slider (I HATE SLIDER KEYBOARDS!) or fully touchscreen (I HATE TOUCHSCREENS).. So I just don't see one in my future unless they can shrink em into a BB style body........ I also love the shape of my BB.. It just feels right.. My friends droid feels like trying to use a brick and the UI seems rather blah (to me). BB def has their shapes and curves done right.... I can also respond to Email/SMS/ETC way faster than she can as the BB keyboard is perfect for speed..
    I'm the same as you. I don't like sliders or touch screens. I've always preferred BB's for their keyboards and just how nicely they sit in my hand.

Also, all the Android phones out there are no aesthetically appealing to me. They do nothing for me. I like a solid "chocolate bar" type phone. No moving parts please.
    04-12-10 03:13 PM
    I had the driod for one week.. returned it. nothing beats a blackberry. even the Iphone I had, I couldnt stand it.. back to Blackberry it is for me!
    both my wife and me only lasted 5 days with a droid and then right back to our berries i have an 8830 a tour an 8530 a storm 1 storm 2 and the wife has a storm 1 and 2 love the berries
    04-12-10 03:19 PM
    I tried Droid on my HTC Touch Diamond and it is pretty cool I gotta admit. But honestly I missed typing on the Tour more than anything and right now am rocking my Tour. That said both OSs have their strong and weak points. HTC can make some good handsets though. But BBs are very stable.
    04-12-10 05:19 PM
    I had the Droid for 3 weeks, returned it last November for a Tour. Here is my take and it applies to the iPhone as well:

Advantages for Droid/iPhone:
    excellent web browser
    excellent apps

Downside:
    battery life!!!!!!
    battery life!!!!!!
    like carrying a rectangle in your pocket!
    horrible keyboard
    average phone, texting, email
    did I mention battery life......my gosh by lunch time it needs charged!!!

Advantages for the Tour:

Functionality!
    Form fitting like it was built to fit in your hand, excellent size, weight, and shape!
    Excellent phone, it works!
    Excellent keyboard
    Excellent email
    Excellent texting device
    Excellent battery life

Disadvantages:

slow operating system for slow downloads which is light years behind everyone else. It's like having dial up!!!!!!
    minimal app market

So, choose what's important to you. I rode with another rep today, I'm a sales trainer. He has an iPhone. We were on our phones about the same amount today talking and or texting. At lunch we were browsing and comparing speeds.....yeah, the iphone smoked my Tour in web downloads. When we were done with lunch we checked out each others phones. The first thing out of his mouth was, "holy cow, you still have full battery life!" BAttery life never crosses my mind. His iPhone was 1/2 drawn. Told me he has to use his car charger by 2pm every day or it's history! That was a major killer for me. In my line of work, I can't afford to miss a call because my battery died.

So, chose your phone based on your needs. The Droid is a battery killer too.
    Last edited by theguitarplayer; 04-12-10 at 07:45 PM.
    04-12-10 07:41 PM
    I have a storm2 and my wife has a droid so we go through this debate constantly. I just love the storm2 and I don't see how you can really group it with other touchscreens like the moto droid or iphone. the surepress makes it much better for typing than those other phones.

Obviously you are going to find more people in these crackberry forums who have tried the droids and switched to blackberry than vice versa. I'm sure if you asked this same question in a droid forum you would get much more people who tried blackberrys and switched to droid.

It really is hard to look at blackberry v. droid without a certain degree of subjectivity. Though I am sure that I'm not the first to tell you this...go to the store and play with all the phones...type on them, check out browser speed, evaluate the user interface, etc.
    04-12-10 07:54 PM
    Sorry, I just had to post a pic of the Tour.......beautiful lines for a phone!

04-12-10 07:56 PM
    What the heck is that ball thing in the middle?

04-12-10 11:57 PM
    I agree with the most prevalent comments here... I am in the market for a new phone in a few weeks and am torn between android and BB. I currently have a WinMo Touch Pro and the original Storm.

Benefits of Android:
    Better OS
    Better Apps
    More of a fun/sexy feel

Benefits of BB:
    Battery life (this one is huge)
    E-mail is wayyyyy better

Anyways, i'm still torn... not sure what I am going to do. The droid is already so dated, and haven't seen any other android with a keyboard I like - but the EVO looks amazing.
    04-13-10 10:28 AM
    I have a relative that has a BB and her boyfriend has a Droid. They have a debate about who phone is better. She is staying with her BB cause she like the feel of the Bold and she does not like the keyboard/touchscreen on the Droid. The only advantage that Droid has over BB to me is browser is faster but I use Opera Mini Browser.
    04-15-10 06:59 PM
    Gosh darn, now this is a unique thread...never seen it before: Blackberry vs. Droid. Wow...and the flamers will come, from all sides! jjvnc, your question may be genuine and I would certainly understand your interest in looking around at other options, but seriously, this isn't going to get you too far. Read professional reviews, visit your local store to play around with devices, and make your decision. Certainly, this issue has been beat to death around here and there is no clear answer for anyone that is SERIOUSLY unbiased. It's like comparing automobiles and asking "which is better?" You can't go by the responses you get.

Time to upgrade. Has any Blackberry users tried an Android phone? I'd like to know their thoughts if it's just as good as blackberry or do you suggest staying with blackberry?
    04-15-10 07:03 PM
428 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD