Balance is the piece of BB10 that can sperate corpoarte and consumer apps and each side (coorporate and consumer) can have their own store front.

People keep saying that this is already available on Android. I jsut looked for it. What is it called? And in how many ways is it inferior. I'm guessing it has no encrpytion and no avialable corporate side stre front and no OS level seperation.
    01-17-13 07:25 PM
    And it doesnt have the history and security of BB. If I am a large or medium biz. iam going to go HUH?
    01-17-13 07:40 PM
    Do not know what app is currently available on Android... but Vmware and another company are approaching the issue by creating a virtual smartphone on the Android platform... unsure how that will benifit it initally as if it simply runs another copy of Android... it does not address the security issues Android faces right now... somewhat odd approach... the main advantage I see with Balance is it is native and easily managed by IT Departments.....
    01-17-13 07:50 PM
    Do not know what app is currently available on Android... but Vmware and another company are approaching the issue by creating a virtual smartphone on the Android platform... unsure how that will benifit it initally as if it simply runs another copy of Android... it does not address the security issues Android faces right now... somewhat odd approach... the main advantage I see with Balance is it is native and easily managed by IT Departments.....
    Lame way to tackle it.
    01-17-13 08:03 PM
    From what I recall, that functionality is only available on rooted devices, and you need an app called Switch Me. Basically it's setting up different user accounts much like you can on Windows. It's geared toward people who share a device, like a tablet that the whole family uses, whereas Balance is geared toward the same user who wants different profiles set up for work and personal usage.
    01-17-13 08:13 PM
    I don't know of anything like Balance, but many corporations use Good, and Android devices with the similar security certs as BB do exist. Again, I don't know about the dual nature, but it is a popular enterprise solution that allows remote management.

One IT guy I spoke to said they would not use Balance. He said all or nothing. Never thought of that perspective. Thoughts.
    01-17-13 08:23 PM