Throughout the release of the Playbook in April 2011, until now RIM has been spoon feeding curious consumers with the Playbook mobile computing platform. Things like it's form factor, above par (and still very relevant) internals, the price cuts, and most importantly the Android player.

It's been discussed in other threads: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=678836

But it's never touched on but I doubt the Android player was actually meant to bring a whole lot of apps into APP World. The developers themselves still need to submit, and in incentive only NOW after BB10 Jam has gotten underway, exists. But with BB10 why develop a lackluster android run-time? I'll tell you.

The android run-time is only meant to be an option. I believe the real purpose of the android run-time was to let developers really SEE how much their apps were wanted. And to show developers 1) the price of apps in the APP World to showcase how much money could be made and show how easy the conversion of apps for use on the Playbook is! All in all a great strategy by RIM. With new developer incentives and the influx of illegally pirated apps from developers (who rather port to app world than NOT make money from their efforts), RIM's app future looks promising !
    Last edited by jamezalexander; 05-03-12 at 11:21 AM.
    05-02-12 07:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD