This project is a QWERTY slider ? Portrait or landscape?
    Landscape
    02-25-19 11:48 AM
    Landscape
    I won't be interested. Portrait, yes...maybe.
    Last edited by Smokeaire; 02-25-19 at 12:07 PM.
    02-25-19 11:55 AM
    f(x)tec pro1 out for preorder
    02-27-19 11:46 AM
    "Function is key"... I like that.

If only BBMo could do a SD835 with and AMOLDE display, stereo speakers, 128GB of Storage, with "customized" Android PIE for $650.

Granted BBMo has more "security" and probable will offer more patches than this company... just makes for a much easier "sell" if you can see more value up front.
    arkenoi likes this.
    02-27-19 11:58 AM
    Wow! Landscape slider with BIG AMOLED curved screen, and they promise that they will tune up software to work better in landscape. Sounds like "shut up and take my money" for me, will get rid of Key2 in favor of this at day one. I used landscape sliders and clamshells for 15 years until the only remaining option was Passport, then Priv, then Key2, but now landscape is back!
    Trisk333 and TLSTWIN like this.
    02-28-19 04:12 AM
    It's definitely a "shut up and take my money" for me unless BlackBerry can put out something to replace my Priv by summer.
    TLSTWIN likes this.
    02-28-19 06:23 AM
    Wow! Landscape slider with BIG AMOLED curved screen, and they promise that they will tune up software to work better in landscape. Sounds like "shut up and take my money" for me, will get rid of Key2 in favor of this at day one. I used landscape sliders and clamshells for 15 years until the only remaining option was Passport, then Priv, then Key2, but now landscape is back!
    Soooo.... How's the KEY2 treating you in the meantime?
    02-28-19 10:37 PM
    Key2 is just "somewhat better" than Priv or K1. Before that I had Passport, and it had a better keyboard. Before Passport I had Nokia N950 which was superior in any aspect, and the keyboard was better, too.
    03-01-19 10:43 AM
    I see quite a few Priv owners already in the forum for this phone on the fxtec site. Besides a smaller battery and limited case options, I see nothing wrong with the phone and will be excited to purchase. 5 row qwerty with dedicated number row Tab, some arrow keys....looks pretty solid. I think BlackBerry could learn a thing or two from these guys. The other specs on the phone such as rgb notification and stereo speakers really hit all the right spots with me as well.
    Last edited by Trisk333; 03-07-19 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Mistake
    03-07-19 09:35 PM
    I see quite a few Priv owners already in the forum for this phone on the fxtec site. Besides a smaller battery and limited case options, I see nothing wrong with the phone and will be excited to purchase. 5 row qwerty with dedicated number row, Shift key on both sides as there should be, some arrow keys....looks pretty solid. I think BlackBerry could learn a thing or two from these guys. The other specs on the phone such as rgb notification and stereo speakers really hit all the right spots with me as well.
    Only thing would be to learn how to do it profitably.... So far that hasn’t been done...
    03-07-19 09:38 PM
    I see quite a few Priv owners already in the forum for this phone on the fxtec site. Besides a smaller battery and limited case options, I see nothing wrong with the phone and will be excited to purchase. 5 row qwerty with dedicated number row Tab, some arrow keys....looks pretty solid. I think BlackBerry could learn a thing or two from these guys. The other specs on the phone such as rgb notification and stereo speakers really hit all the right spots with me as well.
    You don't think .7 pounds of phone is an issue?
    03-07-19 09:41 PM
    How heavy is the KEYone?
    03-07-19 09:42 PM
    How heavy is the KEYone?
    About half of this beast.
    Only thing would be to learn how to do it profitably.... So far that hasn’t been done...
    Give people what they want and maybe there would be more profit. Priv was the first to run Android from BlackBerry and could have scooped up a lot more Android users not tied to any particular brand but still missing the slider if it had been done better. maybe these guys will do better on that front. I guess we'll see.
    TLSTWIN likes this.
    About half of this beast.
    Wow, that much?

I feel like it would be a bit tiring typing on that thing for a while if it's really that heavy.

Would have to try it in person.
    03-07-19 09:44 PM
    Wow, that much?

I feel like it would be a bit tiring typing on that thing for a while if it's really that heavy.

Would have to try it in person.
    This thing is even 65% heavier than the Priv!
    03-07-19 09:46 PM
    No I don't at all. used to use extended batteries on the sliders of old which made them thicker and heavier. As long as it does what it's supposed to and has the features I want then I'd much rather hold something with some feel too it rather than some thin feeling phone. Would have actually preferred the Priv to be thicker too to give a better feel when typing.
    03-07-19 09:46 PM
    No I don't at all. used to use extended batteries on the sliders of old which made them thicker and heavier. As long as it does what it's supposed to and has the features I want then I'd much rather hold something with some feel too it rather than some thin feeling phone. Would have actually preferred the Priv to be thicker too to give a better feel when typing.
    I guess you don't spend as much time typing as I do. I'm a pretty strong guy, but holding .7 pounds for 8 hours a day seems excessive to me.
    Sigewif likes this.
    03-07-19 09:48 PM
    I guess you don't spend as much time typing as I do. I'm a pretty strong guy, but holding .7 pounds for 8 hours a day seems excessive to me.
    I spend plenty of time typing on the phone but I work on the railroad so I know what heavy really is. Maybe this phone will be a good workout for you
    TLSTWIN likes this.
    03-07-19 09:49 PM
    I spend plenty of time typing on the phone but I work on the railroad so I know what heavy really is. Maybe this phone will be a good workout for you
    Lol. Perhaps!

It seems to me that most pictures of the device have it sitting propped up on a table. Maybe that is the intent. More like a tiny laptop.
    03-07-19 09:50 PM
    Lol. Perhaps!

It seems to me that most pictures of the device have it sitting propped up on a table. Maybe that is the intent. More like a tiny laptop.
    Maybe or just to show the full phone and the nice screen tilt feature. Saw a couple vids on the phone and seems like people like the feel. now you got me wondering though just how heavy my old G1 phone was with MugenPower extra thick extended battery was...I bet it was comparable in weight if not heavier. how about older BlackBerry phones for weight? Priv is my first BlackBerry so I have no older ones to compare with.
    03-07-19 09:54 PM
    Maybe or just to show the full phone and the nice screen tilt feature. Saw a couple vids on the phone and seems like people like the feel. now you got me wondering though just how heavy my old G1 phone was with MugenPower extra thick extended battery was...I bet it was comparable in weight if not heavier. how about older BlackBerry phones for weight? Priv is my first BlackBerry so I have no older ones to compare with.
    Passport was by far the heaviest pre-Android BlackBerry ever, and it was about the same as the Priv. The Cosmo is 62% heavier than the Passport.

It's also almost 150% heavier than the Bold 9900 - one of the heaviest BBOS devices. But I wouldn't compare it to that - it was a different era.
    03-07-19 09:57 PM
    Passport was by far the heaviest pre-Android BlackBerry ever, and it was about the same as the Priv. The Cosmo is 62% heavier than the Passport.

It's also almost 150% heavier than the Bold 9900 - one of the heaviest BBOS devices. But I wouldn't compare it to that - it was a different era.
    Where are you getting the weight on this phone anyway? I don't see it in specs on their site.

I do wish Blackberry would have appeased the current Priv owners though. I feel like KeyOne and Two came out too close together and people that enjoyed that format probably bought the KeyOne and many probably weren't ready for the KeyTwo upgrade yet while Priv owers were/are way passed ready for an upgrade to that form factor.
    03-07-19 10:04 PM
    Where are you getting the weight on this phone anyway? I don't see it in specs on their site.
    Tom's Hardware has one.

BTW, your G1 with the bigger battery was lighter than the Priv.
    03-07-19 10:07 PM
    Tom's Hardware has one.

BTW, your G1 with the bigger battery was lighter than the Priv.
    Interesting about the G1 weight. always seemed like a big ugly brick with the extended battery but I really enjoyed the phone. anyway, couldn't find the Tom's Hardware review but I think with landscape factor it won't feel that bad if it's really as heavy as they say. At least it might not have top-heavy issues.

Edit: I watched every vid I could find on this phone and they seem favorable with no mention at all about a heavy phone. I think maybe someone is playing Blackberry defense here and making up stats. No matter, I pre-ordered as for me it's the phone my Priv should have been.
    Last edited by Trisk333; 03-09-19 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Update
    03-07-19 10:19 PM
236 12345 ...