Open Theft community hard at work stealing others peoples ideas as usual. They are no better than the Chinese Companies who knock off and steal other peoples and companies ideas!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Crackberry App!
    Oh please dude, don't even give me that theft community garbage. Have you seen the playbook community and how half of its users wants or needs are related to transferring apks to bars? Cmon. Maybe you should actually spend some time at xda and see some of the brilliant work these devs do. Some truly creative, original and fantastic work on display there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
    10-31-12 07:47 PM
    Maan this sucks! All we have seen are a few leaks and now this! Geez, by the time BB10 comes out ALL of their leaked features will already be on Other Devices!!! There won't be any new surprises to brag about come Launch except for the ones that RIM, Thank GOD, are keeping close to their chest.
    lol I hate to be the one who tells you this but I've been able to tinker my Android phones to match what other OS's do even with a year old version of Android running. You might as well get over it. Currently the ONLY BB10 feature that can't be copied (yet) is the cascading/peek swipe gesture UI. The Active Frames were able to be copied years ago, and SwiftKey 3 is easily as good as the BB10 kb. Same goes for the Blackberry Hub. Both Android and WP8 have pretty kickarse social hubs now.
    Drew808 likes this.
    11-01-12 09:17 AM
    You sound ridiculous..

No one justifies spending x on a phone because it has a cool animation when it is unlocked. This is the stupid stuff that fan boys whine about...across the board. I read a comment on a review earlier that contained every single apple fanboy comment that comes standard with every justification they make, including that android users bash apple because they can't afford an iPhone, and comparing iPhones to diamonds while everything else is a cubic zirconium.

Patent the aspects of your phone that make it ground breaking. The things that no one else has done before. Not the cosmetic features or the small changes to existing technology.

BTW, I assume that RIM (as a company) knows this and wouldn't bother with such little details.
    Details my friend, details. At this point, RIM has to have a big list of cool details for this new platform. They are not selling points, but when you play with the phone they will add to the cool factor and when you get back home after playing with it, you will have a nice and good perspective of what BB10 was.

Animations are details. Now, just imagine zero animations on a software. Does that make sense?
    11-01-12 09:30 AM
    lol I hate to be the one who tells you this but I've been able to tinker my Android phones to match what other OS's do even with a year old version of Android running. You might as well get over it. Currently the ONLY BB10 feature that can't be copied (yet) is the cascading/peek swipe gesture UI. The Active Frames were able to be copied years ago, and SwiftKey 3 is easily as good as the BB10 kb. Same goes for the Blackberry Hub. Both Android and WP8 have pretty kickarse social hubs now.
    I do think that social hub and BlackBerry Hub is quite different though. Social hub is more like a social network aggregator, while BlackBerry Hub is more like a unified inbox. For example on BlackBerry devices, even now, I can have call logs, sms, emails, whatsapp, bbm, facebook notifications, twitter notifications, etc all inside one single location. Not so with Social Hubs on Android. I'm not so familiar with the tinkering but if there is a Hub that can do so on Android, please do let me know. I can give it a try on my Android device. Whenever i'm on any other platform, this is the one feature i miss the most.

---

But back on the topic of the lock screen, i'm actually not that against it. There are even screen lock app for BlackBerry devices now that mimics the one on Windows Phone, so i'm not sure whether we are entitled to complain about Android mimicking BB10 lock screen. Anyway, the one thing that can't be mimic, at least for now i think, is that BB10 is able to unlock without the need to press any button. Whereas on other platforms, you need to press a button first before you can "slide to unlock".
    11-01-12 09:36 AM
    Tripell, I think you read far too deep into this. It was simply posing a question, and one that I do not know the answers too. I am not a "fanboy", albeit I am a fan. I asked this because I read an article a couple of weeks ago about Apple buying patents on swipe to unlock gestures so, in my opinion, this was a valid point to bring to surface.

Now, with regards to what is being patented, I would agree that the real stuff matters but, unfortunately, that's not the way the world works. Shapes of devices are being patented for crying out loud so UI features are as well. If you don't get on it, someone will and then force you to pay up. In this world of technology, nobody is safe..... even from the things that you, and I, and millions of others, see as cosmetic or small changes.
    A lot of these patents are getting shut down in the courts. The slide to unlock patent was won in germany, but lost in the UK and US. The whole patent process needs reform. Like bank loans pre 2007, there are tons of patents that get granted that just pass through the system. For instance, some company owns the patent on using hyperlinks.

Lawyers want to get paid, however, so these stupid law suits continue to happen.
    11-01-12 11:14 AM
    There will always be copies of features from other operating systems and it has been going on for a while now. That is one of the reasons I like android because no matter what features any other OS has there will always be a dev who can make an app out of it. Don't take it too seriously because even if BB10 has some amazing new feature if it is not patented you will see it on android shortly.
    11-01-12 11:23 AM
    I won't get over it, This is RIM's last chance to show other competitors what they can do and show they are Not dead!
    11-01-12 04:11 PM
    I think if someone was really "stealing" from RIM, and RIM thought it had an impact on BB10's success, they would do something about it. No need for me to get overly passionate about it(no offense to anyone) when they don't seem to care. I figure RIM can fight their own battles.
    11-01-12 05:32 PM
    That transition has been around forever and if you look around, you'll see plenty of stuff you could potentially say RIM 'hijacked' as well. Nokia comes to mind.

Home | Experience Nokia N9 ? All it takes is a swipe

Personally, I think you have to be pretty obtuse to not acknowledge that everyone borrows from everyone these days in whatever way they possibly can without crossing patent borders. RIM isn't immune to that. Heck some don't even worry about those patent borders lol. Hi Samsung!
    11-01-12 07:02 PM
    That transition has been around forever and if you look around, you'll see plenty of stuff you could potentially say RIM 'hijacked' as well. Nokia comes to mind.

Personally, I think you have to be pretty obtuse to not acknowledge that everyone borrows from everyone these days in whatever way they possibly can without crossing patent borders. RIM isn't immune to that. Heck some don't even worry about those patent borders lol. Hi Samsung!
    Well all I can say is.... damn... I didn't know.... although to be called obtuse is a tad on the harsh side. I'd rather say uneducated on the subject
    11-01-12 10:29 PM
    There are 'slide to unlock' apps on Appworld that many of you here have downloaded and installed. Unless you can show me where you've made a post on crackberry complaining about the more than 3 'slide to unlock' apps on Appworld, I'll see you complainers as a tad hypocritical.

As someone said earlier, this mod will NEVER come pre-installed on any OEM device. Have we gotten to that stage that we complain over every single mod out there?
    11-02-12 02:57 AM
    Well all I can say is.... damn... I didn't know.... although to be called obtuse is a tad on the harsh side. I'd rather say uneducated on the subject
    Sorry, it wasn't specifically directed at you. Although, with it being your thread -- I can see how you might have taken it that way.
    11-02-12 04:45 AM
    It's possible RIM has patented it. It takes years for its patents to go through.
    11-02-12 08:59 AM

I remember this. N9 is one of rear phone from Nokia. In fact it is possibly forgets by Nokia Fanboys.

N9 is not as famous as N8, though it has bigger screen (4 inch if I'm not mistaken), higher processor, and you can install android in it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    11-04-12 05:22 PM
    To be fair, the BB screen unlock is really poor. You cant open specific apps from the lock screen, its a glorified iphone lockscreen from 5 years ago..
    12-26-12 08:41 AM
40 12